Worst Mario Roster

Propeller Toad said:
Perhaps I might be complaining too much; however, the roster is indeed underwhelming to me.

Our favorite characters probably didn't make the cut

You're with me, pal :'(

Broly said:
How to make this roster better:

Replace Baby Peach with Baby Luigi

Replace Dry Bowser with Petey Piranha
This.

...is what I'd rather see. I wouldn't mind seeing a patch or DLC that did that. :P

Smashgoom202 said:
Broly said:

This.

...is what I'd rather see. I wouldn't mind seeing a patch or DLC that did that. :P

Me too.

Baby Luigi has been around longer than Baby Peach, and he has more importance than her.

Petey Piranha is just more original than Dry Bowser. Hey, why not add another veteran as a "newcomer"? They added Baby Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Broly said:

This.

Me too.

Baby Luigi has been around longer than Baby Peach, and he has more importance than her.

Petey Piranha is just more original than Dry Bowser. Hey, why not add another veteran as a "newcomer"? They added Baby Mario.

Definitely have to second this.

Camelot really made some twists with this game. I really do dislike their choices at times (especially with their recent games). Character limitations are no longer such a big problem on the newer handheld/console games, and to be honest it doesn't seem as though too much was added to the game based off the secrets that have been unvieled... well aside from the countless Mii costumes...

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Broly said:

This.

Me too.

Definitely have to second this.

Camelot really made some twists with this game. I really do dislike their choices at times (especially with their recent games). Character limitations are no longer such a big problem on the newer handheld/console games, and to be honest it doesn't seem as though too much was added to the game based off the secrets that have been unvieled... well aside from the countless Mii costumes...
They also have the strangest choices of partners.

You know what would make great partners?

*Yoshi and a Koopa (Power Tennis and Toadstool Tour)
*Birdo and Bowser (Toadstool Tour)
*Luma and Dry Bowser (Tennis Open)

And don't get me started on Tennis 64.

Baby Luigi said:
Babies weight the same in the common settings of Yoshi series. I think it's true both baby plumbers are lack of diversity for one roster.

Propeller Toad said:
Camelot really made some twists with this game. I really do dislike their choices at times (especially with their recent games). Character limitations are no longer such a big problem on the newer handheld/console games...
Uh, don't think so. Tennis GBA did put many original characters to prove that they had the room for all main characters. But in the recent 3DS games, still many main characters aren't in the roster (Birdo, Toad etc). If they want to put species and newcomers as well, the present rosters aren't big enough.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Babies weight the same in the common settings of Yoshi series. I think it's true both baby plumbers are lack of diversity for one roster.

Does Baby Luigi REDUCE diversity in the roster??? He was completely fine in Mario Kart Double Dash!

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
So, both the normal plumbers, does that mean to reduce the diversity?

Baby Luigi said:
Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:

Does Baby Luigi REDUCE diversity in the roster??? He was completely fine in Mario Kart Double Dash!

Baby Luigi may bear a resemblance to Baby Mario at first glance though that is to be expected as they are twin brothers. However, it doesn't take long to notice that Baby Luigi is vastly different from Baby Mario. His appearance itself is even more different; however, it is truly his personality as that changes his very appearance to being much more different than Baby Mario (facial features, physical stature, etc).

To be honest, thanks to his personality I feel that Baby Luigi is an even more unique addition than even Baby Peach as he bears a character that none of the other babies can match up to. He's probably the most unique baby to boot if we go in terms of development (Baby Mario is still a blank slate to me in terms of his character).

Propeller Toad said:
Baby Luigi may bear a resemblance to Baby Mario at first glance though that is to be expected as they are twin brothers. However, it doesn't take long to notice that Baby Luigi is vastly different from Baby Mario. His appearance itself is even more different; however, it is truly his personality as that changes his very appearance to being much more different than Baby Mario (facial features, physical stature, etc).

To be honest, thanks to his personality I feel that Baby Luigi is an even more unique addition than even Baby Peach as he bears a character that none of the other babies can match up to. He's probably the most unique baby to boot if we go in terms of development (Baby Mario is still a blank slate to me in terms of his character).

You have no idea of how much I agree with you on that point

Magikrazy said:
In the main characters, I think fans are already used to see four plumbers together in one game. Therefore, in early days when the staff wanted to create two rivals for Mario bros, I didn't want the staff to make Wario bros look like plumbers (I feel like they're free workers or professional thieves in true life).

As babies are not main characters (or they're subseries characters) and only 2 can be in one normal roster, I think two different kinds can be better.

Dorayaki said:
Magikrazy said:
In the main characters, I think fans are already used to see four plumbers together in one game. Therefore, in early days when the staff wanted to create two rivals for Mario bros, I didn't want the staff to make Wario bros look like plumbers (I feel like they're free workers or professional thieves in true life).

As babies are not main characters (or they're subseries characters) and only 2 can be in one normal roster, I think two different kinds can be better.
So, the Baby Mario and Daisy were in, would be okay with that?

NSY said:
I agree, Advanced Tour or Tennis GBC is pretty bad as well. Most people don't have a GBA to GC cable(or GB to 64 transfer).
NSY said:
The best rosters have been:Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario Kart Wii and the baseball games.

The Worst on the other hand is:Mario Tennis GBA, Mario Party Advance and Mario Golf GBA or Tennis GBC (GBA or GBC's do have limited rosters though but thoughs I know could be much better without going past the limitations)

Games with decnt rosters but that could of been better is:Mario Kart 7 and Mario Sports Mix

Feel free to add to this.

Mario Tennis GBC is even same as Golf GBA. Most people don't have GB-64 Transfer Pak.

Back