Worst Mario Roster

Smashgoom202 said:
FMGBASKFH said:
How could everyone forget Mario Party 8? Freaking Blooper totally ruined the whole roster.
He's my favorite character to play as in the game.

I don't normally see anybody hating it because of Blooper. Mostly, they says it's pretty cool to play as him.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Smashgoom202 said:
FMGBASKFH said:
How could everyone forget Mario Party 8? Freaking Blooper totally ruined the whole roster.
He's my favorite character to play as in the game.

I don't normally see anybody hating it because of Blooper. Mostly, they says it's pretty cool to play as him.

Does not compute

You're not funny, letting you know before you try more. One character cant ruin a roster, even if it's only your personal opinion that they suck.

You're not funny, letting you know before you try more. One character cant ruin a roster, even if it's only your personal opinion that they suck.

I'm not trying to be funny. To me, it did ruin the whole roster, because it already had too many characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).

Many people would care to disagree with you. Especially people like Propeller Toad.

FMGBASKFH said:

I'm not trying to be funny. To me, it did ruin the whole roster, because it already had too many characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).
What the fuck?

Yeah, that was my reaction as well. What's wrong with Toad?

FMGBASKFH said:

If they all ruined the roster for you then why didn't you say that in the first place.

And Toad was one of the first Mario characters, I can't see how he would make it bad. The rest are generic enemies, which I love the inclusion of but I can understand if you don't, but Toad? I just cant see it.

FMGBASKFH said:
In gerenal rules generic species don't count, do you have comments against Toad and Toadette? Sounds like Party requires more than any other spinoff.

If the staff decide to remain the main characters only, only 10 characters are in this game. How many ones do you wish for? :???:

For a good roster you need to get the important characters in there.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser

The least important characters are variations on characters that already exist.
Different age.
Different color.
Undead?

Does being a baby mean you are a different entity? Were you not you when you were a baby? I'm pretty sure I was still Paul as a baby. And when I put on a new set of clothes... does that make me a new person? No, of course not.

Then why is that the case with all these Mario variations?

I still consider Baby Mario to be a separate character. He does have his own article, after all.

FMGBASKFH said:
characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).
Are you being serious?

Dorayaki said:
In gerenal rules generic species don't count, do you have comments against Toad and Toadette? Sounds like Party requires more than any other spinoff.
Don't forget Baseball.

I think he's being pretty serious. Still, Mario Party should have more playable characters anyway. It's not like these characters are different aside from animations and voices.

Koopaul said:
For a good roster you need to get the important characters in there.
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Wario
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Except Toad and Toadette who are referees in some games, mostly only Mario bros, Peach, Bowser are must-haves as they're protagonists. If you mean all main characters, yet there are Birdo, Waluigi, Bowser Jr (and maybe Rosalina).

I think bad rosters are those with clearly wrong proportion (eg. many gereric species or human invade). For main characters, we can only judge with longterm plan of rosters, not in one game. It sounds like you don't like one roster if someone you like didn't get in.

Dorayaki said:
I think bad rosters are those with clearly wrong proportion (eg. many gereric species or human invade).

Mario Sports Mix comes to mind. It's bad in proportion in terms of character ratio AND the power of the system. A DS game containing more characters than a similar Wii game? Pathetic!

La Marionette said:
Dorayaki said:
I think bad rosters are those with clearly wrong proportion (eg. many gereric species or human invade).

Mario Sports Mix comes to mind. It's bad in proportion in terms of character ratio AND the power of the system. A DS game containing more characters than a similar Wii game? Pathetic!
I agree and why did they put random non-Mario characters instead of more Mario characters.

This roster would be worse than Mario Tennis GBA

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Phantom Ember

See only four characters and one of them has only appeared in one game and was that character (or shoulc I say enemy) was minor in that game?

No Mario roster can get as bad as this.

The difference is Blooper or Koopa or Shy Guy were all enemies that are now in a lot of games and everybody recognises them. That's why they would be in, not the enemies from only one game.

New Super Yoshi said:
La Marionette said:
I agree and why did they put random non-Mario characters instead of more Mario characters.
? FF players are obviously brought for the cooperation with SquareEnix. This combination already existed in DS version. We can only say it's ridiculous to decrease characters in Wii version, while Itadaki Street actually didn't.

The only thing about FF part is that these are not characters but generic "profession". One problem is that FF games don't have fixed main characters, besides Chocoball series. I don't know if Cloud or Lightning can be in the next Mario game.

Double Dash had no undesirable characters and lack of thereof

Broly said:
I just want to say, if you want to have a good roster, look at Double Dash.
Baby Luigi said:
Double Dash had no undesirable characters and lack of thereof
Well, a single undersiable character can't make a roster bad.

Kart DD and Wii have the largest roster in spinoffs (except Baseball) and include almost all main Mario characters, similar with Baseball. It's not the absolutely good way unless the staff can expand all rosters in the future.

Broly said:
I just want to say, if you want to have a good roster, look at Double Dash.

Agreed. That was a pretty good roster.
The best rosters have been:Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Mario Kart Wii and the baseball games.

The Worst on the other hand is:Mario Tennis GBA, Mario Party Advance and Mario Golf GBA (GBA's do have limited rosters though but thoughs I know could be much better without going past the limitations)

Games with decnt rosters but that could of been better is:Mario Kart 7 and Mario Sports Mix

Feel free to add to this.

Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
characters that don't deserve to be in a Mario Party (Toad, Toadette, Boo, Birdo, Dry Bones and Hammer Bro).
Are you being serious?

Drop dead serious. In MY opinion, Mario Party should have only non-generic characters as playable.

FMGBASKFH said:
Magikrazy said:
FMGBASKFH said:
Are you being serious?

Drop dead serious. In MY opinion, Mario Party should have only non-generic characters as playable.
Ok, let's say that happened. There would be:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Daisy
Waluigi

Every other playable character is representing a species. DK and Bowser are hosts and stuff, and Bowser Jr. seems like the only other choice as a playable character to me in order to satisfy your needs. And don't say "You fucking idiot. Rosalina can be playable", because this game was released before Super Mario Galaxy.

Back