Are you afraid of anything in a Mario game?

I could have sworn I've posted in this thread a million times but I don't see my post.

I'm not afraid of anything in a Mario game, but I was horribly afraid of the neverending stairs music in Super Mario 64 when I was little. And I feel the need to express this clearly in every thread about scary Mario things.

I'm scared of the Creepy Steeple in PMTTYD. The Boo's make me feel safe but the music and Doopliss' drawings in the windows doesn't even help that much.

Somewhat bump.

I don't remember if I posted here or not, but here are the things I'm afraid of:

-All the ghosts (Except the Boos) in Luigi's Mansion.
-Castles in the NSMB Series, I'm afraid of the Podobos (The lava balls that jump out at you) and the lava.
-Just about any boss fight.

Rin Kagamine said:
I don't remember if I posted here or not,
Rin Kagamine said:
Knife said:
Remember when Bowser makes his evil laugh when you enter the castle for the first time in Super Mario 64? That scared the crap out of me. And I was also 9 years old.
That scares me a little too! And I'm 11!
Rin Kagamine said:
I'm afraid of basically everything in Luigi's Mansion!

When I was younger, I got scared of Mimi's true form. It still gives me the chills, but not as much.

EDIT: I remember it made me never want to finish Chapter 2 for half a year

How can someone be afraid of the Podoboos? They're cute...

And people who are afraid of Bowser shouldn't be playing Mario games because Bowser is in everyone of them.

IceShadow1199 said:
You can have bad experiences with them if your not very good at timing your jumps.

IceShadow1199 said:
And people who are afraid of Bowser shouldn't be playing Mario games because Bowser is in everyone of them.
These games would like to have a word:

250px-SMB2_Boxart.PNG

250px-SarasalandBoxArt.png

250px-Supermarioland2logo.jpg

NSY said:
IceShadow1199 said:
You can have bad experiences with them if your not very good at timing your jumps.

*facepalm*

Solar Blaze said:
IceShadow1199 said:
These games would like to have a word:

250px-SMB2_Boxart.PNG

250px-SarasalandBoxArt.png

250px-Supermarioland2logo.jpg

I'm referring to actual Mario games made by Shigeru Miyamoto, not these.

Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't even a Mario game to begin with, it's an edit of a existing Japan-only game for the Famicon Disk System:

250px-Doki_doki_panic.jpg

Super Mario Land wasn't even made by Shigeru Miyamoto.

Super Mario Land 2 wasn't either.

not really scared of much

but i do remember this one time i was TERRIFIED playing mario sunshine back in the day

i saw king boo and i was all WHAT THE HECK HOLY WHAT IN THE NAME OF GOD IS WITH THAT TONGUE

and miyamoto MADE DOKI DOKI PANIC

and then just said fuck it let's slap some mario on there, BOOM SEQUEL

Uh, Doki Doki Panic actually started as a Mario prototype. So even before Doki Doki Panic was considered, it was a Mario game.

Exactly. That's furthered supported by the fact that Starmen and POW Blocks were in it. Not to mention the fact that one of the characters already resembled Mario to begin with.

Solar Blaze said:
Exactly. That's furthered supported by the fact that Starmen and POW Blocks were in it. Not to mention the fact that one of the characters already resembled Mario to begin with.

I don't see how they look like Mario in anyway.

IceShadow1199 said:
Solar Blaze said:

Imajin's sprite looks like Mario's build

I don't think Mario has thin legs and a genie hat.

Besides Imajin isn't even that fat.

Does Mama look anything like Luigi? *cough*genders*cough*

Lina and Peach do have the same colors though

Papa = Toad? Nope.

I didn't say character, I said "build"

IceShadow1199 said:
523px-Famicom_disk_system-doki_doki_panic.jpg

Do tell me how Papa (the one holding the Shyguy over his head) doesn't resemble Mario in any way. The resemblance is especially uncanny in his sprites, where he pretty much looks like Mario in a turban.

that sudden laugh and pop up message in sm64 that occurs if you don't have enough stars used to scare me pretty badly.

I'm scared of just falling into the quicksand in Super Mario 64 DS.

Back