Requesting edits for locked pages.

Time Turner said:
Ditto is a redirect to Pokémon despite Ditto (Super Paper Mario) existing and despite Ditto not even appearing in-game without the use of hacks to access the internal data.
Those pages are not locked, you know. But yeah, SPM Ditto is far more relevant to the Mario franchise than the Pokémon, and as such SPM Ditto should drop its identifier.

Easter Yoshi said:
Time Turner said:
Ditto is a redirect to Pokémon despite Ditto (Super Paper Mario) existing and despite Ditto not even appearing in-game without the use of hacks to access the internal data.
Those pages are not locked, you know. But yeah, SPM Ditto is far more relevant to the Mario franchise than the Pokémon, and as such SPM Ditto should drop its identifier.

This thread is also used to request edits non-admin users can't do themselves (in this case, "Ditto (Super Paper Mario)" can't be moved to "Ditto" until the latter is deleted).

Anyway, it's done.

Inaccurate count and missing games?! :

Daisy is listed to have appeared in: 72 games

Waluigi is listed to have appeared in: 57 games

But it's actually:

Daisy: 72 games

Waluigi: 73 games

In the Super Mario Wiki, Daisy is listed to have appeared in 72 games.
While Waluigi is listed to have appeared in only 57.
Seems fair, right?
Not really.

As I did further research, I've actually found out that there are a bunch of games with Waluigi (reference him at least) that are not listed on his page, and those same games are listed on Daisy's page.

Not to mention that for some reason, on Daisy's page games like "Mario&Sonic Olympic games" are spread out as their own games like this:

1-Mario&Sonic at the Olympic Games Wii
2-Mario&Sonic at the Olympic Games DS

While on Waluigi's page they are counted as one like this:

1- Mario&Sonic at the Olympic games Wii/DS

So here are some games that have Waluigi, but aren't listed on his page. And keep in mind, that other than Paper Mario TTYD, and Super Mario Odyssey all of these are listed on Daisy's page:

1- Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party
(Playable)
Year 2004

2- Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
(Costume)
Year 2004

3- Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party 2
(Playable)
Year 2005

4- Wi-Fi Taiou Yakuman DS
(Playable)
Year 2006

5- Mario Party Fushigi no Korokoro Catcher
(Playable)
Year 2009

6- Mario Party Whirling Carnival
(Playable)
Year 2012

7- StreetPass Mii Plaza
(Waluigi Hat)
Year 2012

8- Nintendo Badge Arcade
(Badge)
Year 2014

9- Hey! Pikmin
(Amiibo)
Year 2017

10- Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Arcade Edition
(Playable)
Year 2017

11- Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
(Playable)
Year 2017

12- Super Mario Odyssey
(Costume)
Year 2017

And so, I tried to count the Olympic games individually like on Daisy's page, and counted some of the missing games on Waluigi's page. And what do you know, the results speak for itself.

Daisy has appeared in: 72

Waluigi has appeared in: 73

JusticeforWaluigi said:
Keep in mind that references for Daisy (Like her crown for example) are counted as "game appearances"
While it's not the same for Waluigi.

Actually, those would just be references to the character. Its only when the character themselves appear when it counts as a game appearance. Just their crown or hat or whatever doesn't count as a full appearance.

hello, I have some ideas (three specific ideas actually) for improving the "Mario Games" template:

proposal one: stop calling the mario kart 64 slot machine a main mario kart game and move the arcade games to their own subsection
proposal two: divide the mario party section into a "main" subsection and an "other" subsection
proposal three: create a formal definition for what counts as a "platformer" and take all the games that don't satisfy that definition out of the "other platformers" section

janMisali said:
proposal one: stop calling the mario kart 64 slot machine a main mario kart game and move the arcade games to their own subsection
I'm for this. Though I think "port" would be a better word for MK8DX.
proposal two: divide the mario party section into a "main" subsection and an "other" subsection
Yeah, this could work.
proposal three: create a formal definition for what counts as a "platformer" and take all the games that don't satisfy that definition out of the "other platformers" section
I'm not seeing anything wrong with how the platformer titles are arranged currently. We got the main platformers, the ports and remakes of those platformers, Mario vs Donkey Kong series are platformers, and then every other sidescroller that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Alex95 said:
janMisali said:
I'm not seeing anything wrong with how the platformer titles are arranged currently. We got the main platformers, the ports and remakes of those platformers, Mario vs Donkey Kong series are platformers, and then every other sidescroller that doesn't fit anywhere else.
until February 17th, Mario's Bombs Away, a game which is in no way a platformer, was in the "other platformers" section. a formal definition could prevent that sort of thing from happening again. as for the games that ARE there, outside of the main Super Mario and Mario vs Donkey Kong series, we currently have:
*Donkey Kong (makes sense)
*Mario Bros. and its sequels (also make sense, though there's enough of these that they could reasonably be called their own series)
*Mario's Cement Factory (doesn't have jumping but does have platforms)
*Wrecking Crew and the like (really more of a puzzle game)
*Super Mario Bros. Special (no problem here)
*Mario & Wario (another puzzle game)
*Hotel Mario (in the "well it's not NOT a platformer" category)
*Game Boy Donkey Kong (you COULD make an argument that this is actually the first game in the series that would eventually become Mario vs. Donkey Kong, but nah it makes sense here)
*Super Princess Peach (no problem)

https://www.mariowiki.com/Waluigi_Pinball_(DS)

I don't think this page needs protection any more. If the page gets repeatedly vandalized again, then sure add the protection back in.

I don't think Mario & Luigi (series) needs semiprotection anymore. It was protected back in late 2015 to curb questionable IP edits following Paper Jam's first official release. Now that the company responsible for the series has been in financial limbo for almost exactly a year now, and currently with very far and few edits to the page, I don't think there explicitly needs to be semiprotection in place anymore. Of course, if questionable/disruptive edits resume, then feel free to re-protect.

Back