Requesting edits for locked pages.

Glowsquid said:
Sven said:
Can I ask what the difference is between "File" and "Image"?

"Image" used to be the only uploadable file format way back in 2007-2008, but it's been supplanted by File:. Functionally, there's no difference.
So... why change it if there's no difference?

Sven said:
Glowsquid said:
Sven said:
Can I ask what the difference is between "File" and "Image"?

"Image" used to be the only uploadable file format way back in 2007-2008, but it's been supplanted by File:. Functionally, there's no difference.
So... why change it if there's no difference?
because it's more than just images now

I totally missed that last post on the previous page. One could say "File:" is the more recent and accurate standard, but it's kinda pointless really.

Kind of like removing that thumb|right parameter, eh?

thumb|right is useless since images are placed on the right by default.

oh, it is still pretty pointless to press "edit", change "Image:" to "File:", "thumb|right" to "thumb", click save and do this over and over flooding the recent changes.. also known as unconstuctive edits.

that's exactly what she implied.

The Scuttlebug page needs to be deleted so I can move Scuttle Bug to it (Scuttlebug is the spelling in-game, so it takes priority over the Nintendo Power "Scuttle Bug").

Can someone delete Random Item? It is a non-existence item. Mixing a Mystery with a Point Swap gives you a random item, not an item with the name "Random Item". It may be very confusing, and It is an orphaned page (except from my user_talk).

Can someone fix the date for the next issue here? (Template:Shroom)

Edit: nevermind I'm stupid

categories can't be moved. Your best bet is to create a new category and tag that one for deletion when the replacin' is done.

http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Image_Use_Policy

JPEG format is generally only desirable for "live action" pictures.

Saying "photographs" is a much better wording than "live action" pictures. So I'd like this changed to

JPEG format is generally only desirable for photographs.

Isn't "photograph" just for film? There's also screencaps from live action films that'd fall under the "jpg plz" umbrella, but would seem inappropriate to classify as photographs.

It's also for photographs of real life subjects like people.

Oops, that first "film" was about film as in film photography, not "film" as in movies (whcih I'm saying wouldn't be covered by "photograph"). I should've been more precise with my wording, sorry...

Still I don't really like the use of the wording "live-action" pictures. Something doesn't sound right to me. I consider screencap of live-action stuff "photograph" but I could be wrong :P

Back