Requesting edits for locked pages.

Yep, good catch. I moved it and whatnot.

Also, for the record, that's NOT how disambig pages are supposed to be used: they're supposed to be used for things with the exact same name (or very similar names), not for everything that has a particular word in its title.

Walkazo said:
Also, for the record, that's NOT how disambig pages are supposed to be used: they're supposed to be used for things with the exact same name (or very similar names), not for everything that has a particular word in its title.
So King, Princess, P (disambiguation), Shadow, and Mama would be against the rules, right?

Also, is something like Bat allowed, especially when it's taking the priority over actual articles named "Bat"?

Okay, the Star Ship and Armor pages have been moved.

I took out all the bad entries in "Shadow" and "Bat"; what's left can stay, and the diambig pages can keep the plain titles since neither Shadow and none of the bats are terribly likely to be hands-down the most searched-for thing. "Princess" and "King" can be scrapped - they're essentially just categories-as-disambig pages. "P (disambig)" can also be deleted for sure.

However, Mama is trickier since various characters are referred to as plain "Mama", and it might not be intuitive as to what that Mama's page is actually called. I took out the ones that are stretches, but the remaining ones can stay.

Dumb question: if we have a parameter in the minigame-infobox for stuff like controls and descriptions, why are they sitting outside (Ray_of_Fright#Controls) of the template? As far as I can tell, RAP removed the controls and info from the template and placed them directly in the article, but I can't find anything that led to him doing that (also, that guy's a robot). No proposals, no discussions, no nothing, so I assume that he took the initiative himself, but... why? Shouldn't the controls and other stuff be in the template?

(I'm asking this here because this is the closest thing we have to a discussion thread)

Have Unagi ever been officially referred to as Eels (which I ask because Eel redirects to Unagi)? If no, shouldn't Eel (Wario Land II) have its identifier removed?

Swordfish redirects to Swordfish (disambiguation). Said disambiguation page contains Enguarde the Swordfish and Swordfish (Wario World).

There's a lot of stuff that's wrong here.

Wizard (Wario Land II) is the only thing that actually holds the name of "Wizard", unless you want to count the 1989 film "The Wizard", which we only have as a section in List of Mario references in film. And again, Wizard redirects to the disambiguation page (Wizard (disambiguation)).

Move stuff around, please.

Alright, the stuff's been moved. I deleted the Swordfish disambig page i favour of articleabouts, but I left the Wizard one, since folks could easily get the PM:TTYD spelling wrong, and having the link to the movie doesn't hurt (seeing as SMB3 was featured in it, it's not totally unreasonable for folks to wonder if we have it covered at all). If it turns out Unagis have been called eels, that change can be changed back, but otherwise, it should be good.

I've always wondered if we should have a full-fledged article on The Wizard. Mario isn't the central focus, but the entire movie builds up to the moment where Super Mario Bros. 3 is first revealed. It was the introduction of the game to North American audiences, and helped bring great attention and popularity to it. It showed not only gameplay footage, but secrets (like the Warp Whistle). Plus, Mario's on the cover (File:The Wizard Poster.jpg). If we were to make an article on it, we wouldn't need a synopsis of the entire film; just information on the relevant bits, like SSX on Tour or NBA Street V3.

Having a genuine discussion thread would be nice, instead of me constantly badgering the admins with queries. never mind thank you very much

Time Turner said:
Having a genuine discussion thread would be nice, instead of me constantly badgering the admins with queries.
It's our job to answer questions, so whatever. But this topic does seem to be turning into a grab-bag rather than serving its a specific function, so feel free to badger here instead.

Complex move requests can still go here.

I deleted the redirect markup. Do whatev you want.

kool tip #38: When you get to a page via a redirect, you can click the "Redirected from" link at the top of the page to edit the redirect.

Custom Welcome templates (These were allowed in the past and remain intact so as not to disturb talk pages, but new ones should not be created; we have a Bot that automatically welcomes all new users now.)

Since that bot isn't doing anything like that anymore, should this rule be amended?

I don't find any harm in custom welcome templates either, and I think they can make new users feel more welcomed rather than a generic welcome template, but that's just me, probably.

afaik, when you create an account a welcome message pops up once and then disappears, rather than a bot adding stuff to the talk page, since that just meant tonnes and tonnes of talk pages got made for accounts that never did anything (or just vandalized).

No custom welcome templates is part of the whole push to minimize the amount of space eaten up by user stuff. Custom templates also might fall behind revisions to the lists of links (or even the images used), and often times the designs have lots to be desired (too many images, gaudy colours, etc.). Personally, I'm glad I was given a generic template way back when: nice and simple.

Could MarioWiki:Maintenance be updated?

Code:
!<big>AF
|align=left|'''Images without {{tem|aboutfile}}:''' Images without {{tem|aboutfile}} templates or with blank templates. When used properly, aboutfiles should provide a description and the source of an image.

to

Code:
!<big>AF
|align=left|'''Images with incorrectly formatted {{tem|aboutfile}}:''' Images without {{tem|aboutfile}} or with incorrectly formatted templates. When used properly, aboutfiles should provide a description and the source of an image.
See [[:Category:Files with broken Aboutfile template]]

And maybe also adding Category:Articles with broken file links somewhere?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Help:Editing#Images

Seeing as we now type File, instead of image this should be updated.

The "(disambiguation)" part should be removed. So Block Star (disambiguation) should be deleted and the redirect page, Block Star, should be changed to a disambiguation page

Baby Luigi said:
The "(disambiguation)" part should be removed. So Block Star (disambiguation) should be deleted and the redirect page, Block Star, should be changed to a disambiguation page
this isn't the first time this has happened

i was being sarcastic

Well, better fix it regardless

Mouse should be a disambiguation page, if anything.

Back