Requesting edits for locked pages.

I previously made a proposal about this, but then withdrew.

OK, so I wanted to add Plainlinks to Help:Link, and I've made the draft here

If applicable, could someone unprotect the page?

It looks pretty good. But instead of unprotecting the page, I think it we can just update it while crediting you for the original draft in the edit summary.

Ambassador said:
I previously made a proposal about this, but then withdrew.

OK, so I wanted to add Plainlinks to Help:Link, and I've made the draft here, this has gotten admin approval (from Walkazo).

If applicable, could someone unprotect the page?
I didn't approve that draft. I just told you to post here. Don't put words in my mouth.

I know that the American/international spellings of colo(u)r can be used interchangeably but.....[br][br][quote author=Help:CSS]

Some properties take a colour value. This can be either:

*A pre-defined color name (check out this expansive list);
*a hex color in the form #000000 or #000, where each digit is a hexadecimal digit representing red, green or blue; or
*rgb(red, green, blue), where red, green and blue are numbers up to 255 or 100%.
[/quote][br]Could someone please change one of those spellings? And also the link is broken.

Shouldn't Template:Sigbox say {{BASEPAGENAME}} instead of "{{User:{{{1}}}/sig"
So that it'll automatically display a user's signature when used on a talk page?

Mariotime11 said:
Shouldn't Template:Sigbox say {{BASEPAGENAME}} instead of "{{User:{{{1}}}/sig"
So that it'll automatically display a user's signature when used on a talk page?
It's not a protected page, but anyways I tested it, and it doesn't appear to work as planned:

yw8Osto.png

Or was there a certain coding you'd like to test?

Megadardery said:
Done.. It was a problem with the coding as Magic words does not need three "{" it only needs two.

....and I've been ninja'd. Thanks anyways :D

So, the variable no longer serves a purpose?

Now that I think about it, I much preferred the old method. Now, the template would automatically apply the sig according to the userspace it's being placed on. What if a user wanted to display their own sig on somebody else's talk page? They can't do that anymore. Using a variable for the template isn't too much trouble.

I tested it, and it works, I don't see any problem in that. All you have to do now is just type in {{sigbox}} when issuing to someone.

Well, I guess it works okay.

I just elaborated on the template usage.

I'm almost done with the template, I'll probably finish today and add it to wherever possible but yeah, the admins will have to add it to the locked pages.

Sorry to put anyone into trouble with that.

It's finished, I've done everything that Walkazo said should be improved:

Walkazo said:
The shading is too stark, the links need piping, some links are wrong, it should use the left-justified header format, and its organization is not useful at all: it should go by specific subject like MarioWiki:Rules. Having a template is a great idea, but I'm sorry to say, this template is not the design we should use.

Now I just need admin approval before it's created.

You're probably going to kill me when I say this but now I think the grey it too light. And the font in the headers (i.e. "Content" and "Images") look smaller than the rest. If I have time, may I see if I could fix it? It would save you the trouble.

I made the Content and Images bars small on purpuse, they're supposed to nest under the Editing bar. If there's a simpler way to show that, go ahead and fix it. Also, you can change the color as well. :dk:

Back