Requesting edits for locked pages.

Two things.

Template:Sectionstub still links to the PipeProject. Like Template:Stub, please make it [[forum:17764|stub]].

Also, please bypass the redirect to Prima redirect here by changing the link from [[Prima]] to [[Prima Games|Prima]].

YoshiKong said:
Also, please bypass the redirect to Prima redirect here by changing the link from [[Prima]] to [[Prima Games|Prima]].

To add to this and slightly improve navigation, I would like there to be a link to MarioWiki:Conjecture in this sentence:

If there is no official name in any language, then a [[MarioWiki:Conjecture|conjectural]] title is developed.
Thanks.

Knife said:
YoshiKong said:

To add to this and slightly improve navigation, I would like there to be a link to MarioWiki:Conjecture in this sentence:

If there is no official name in any language, then a [[MarioWiki:Conjecture|conjectural]] title is developed.
Thanks.
But you're a sysop. Can't you do it?
YoshiKong said:
The wiki user MarioSmasher currently has his subpage User:MarioSmasher/YTVideo categorized as a Video template. Please remove the userspace categorizing.
I don't think he can even have that subpage

Can't he? But the Userspace Policy says that a user may create subpages that serve the wiki. In this case, it is a test template. An example of it's purpose and usage can be seen here.

I've also got a similar template here, which is intended for userspace if ever used.

YoshiKong said:
I've also got a similar template here, which is intended for userspace if ever used.
I don't think that's allowed either. Maybe just <noinclude> everything except that on your userpage?

I don't think that's allowed either.

There's nothing wrong with it or the other YT template linked above (apart from having a category, which I removed).

Glowsquid said:
I don't think that's allowed either.

There's nothing wrong with it or the other YT template linked above (apart from having a category, which I removed).
Ah. Okay. I was kind of confused as I thought "serve the wiki" meant mainspace only or something. And you left the extra <noinclude></noinclude> there with nothing in between

Most of the time, yes, "serving" the wiki would indeed have mainspace applications as its end goal (or MarioWiki or some other non-User namespace), but these kinda things are a weird situation. They're more like talk archive directories or status pages - they're all used like templates, rather than subpages, and help the user manage their business. Now, if you made a tonne of user templates for every little thing, you'd be abusing your rights a bit and might raise some eyebrows, but this kinda thing is fine.

On a lot of User Notices, we have {{PAGENAME}} to put the recipients name on the template. Would be better it to replace those with {{BASEPAGENAME}}, so it doesn't appear as User/Archive 1 on archives? This applies to the following templates;
Also, should Template:Welcome be categorized as a User Notice?

EDIT: Thanks Glowsquid. But you didn't need to change the <noinclude>[[Category:User Notices|{{PAGENAME}}]]</noinclude> part.

The article Radonkel (an official German name) was recently moved to the official Japanese name Kurosu. On MarioWiki:Naming#Naming an article, we have a point which says the following;

*If there is no official English name, then the first official name of the subject in any language is used. For example, the giant bird boss from ''[[Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins]]'' is named "[[Radonkel]]" on the wiki. The boss is unnamed in English, but has an official name in German, and since that is the only official name currently known, the title "Radonkel" is used for the article.

To suit the recent page moves, I suggest that the point be rewritten to something like this;

*If there is no official English name, then the first released official name of the subject in another language is used. For example, the giant bird boss from ''[[Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins]]'' does not have an official English name. However, the official German and Japanese names are known as "Radonkel" and "Kurosu" respectively. As the Japanese release came before the German release, the Japanese name "[[Kurosu]]" gets the article title. However, if an official English name ''is'' found, then that will get the article title.

Feel free to reword the example ^^

Edit: Thanks Glowsquid.

Back