Requesting edits for locked pages.

I think the grey is fine for the subheaders, but the header grey Megadardery's using in his draft (MarioWiki:Sandbox) would be good for the overall header. His formatting (left-side-subheaders) would also be way better than the current draft (hence I asked for them, not for the horizontal subheaders to simply be left-justified); left-side subheaders are also good for nesting more specific subheaders (which is what Mariotime11 wants to do with Content and Images, by the sounds of it).

This has nothing to do with the template mentioned above, and is extremely minor, but can the hammer image here (Template:AppealNotice) be un-linked?

Mariotime11 said:
This has nothing to do with the template mentioned above, and is extremely minor, but can the hammer image here (Template:AppealNotice) be un-linked?
Done. I also removed the "court is now in session" text, as it would no longer appear with the image de-linked.

YoshiKong said:
Mariotime11 said:
Done. I also removed the "court is now in session" text, as it would no longer appear with the image de-linked.
Quick question: should the images used in templates be un-linked?

Time Turner said:
YoshiKong said:
Mariotime11 said:
Quick question: should the images used in templates be un-linked?

Yeah, I think so.

I was editing from work and was interrupted before I could get to that part of the job. No need for a reminder, especially not so soon after admin business like that has transpired.

Megadardery said:
Change the link: "MarioWiki:The 'Shroom" to "The 'Shroom:Main Page" in the main page
Done, good find.

Oh, by the way could you apply this revision to the main page.. It is splitting the news and the dyk.

To make the dyk section like all sections. (I mean automatically add margin-top of 10 pixels instead of the manual code) Some one must edit MediaWiki:Common.css and replace:
Code:
.mainpagebox#poll,
.mainpagebox#shroom {
	margin-top: 10px;
with
Code:
.mainpagebox#poll,
.mainpagebox#shroom,
.mainpagebox#dyk {
and use this revision instead and apply it to the main page
If you don't understand what I said please note.

I don't know if this warrants a thread, but my proposal here (MarioWiki:Proposals#Semi-protect_Glitch_List_pages) will probably pass (it ends today at midnight), so the admins will have to semi-protect all the glitch pages (Template:Glitches). Again, sorry to put everyone into so much trouble. Anyways, the only edit I wanted to request for this was to Mediawiki:Sitenotice; please add something about this, mentioning that anons. will now have to request on a glitch list talk page if they would like to add something.

There's no point in doing that because guests can't see the sitenotice.

Mario4Ever said:
There's no point in doing that because guests can't see the sitenotice.
....oops....

For guests, the tops of all the pages are taken up by ads. Hence no SiteNotice for them. They do see {{Announcement}} on the Main Page, but it's not the same thing at all.

We know it exists, but we don't use it right now and will most likely never use it again. At least not in the near future.

Is it really required to let guests know by that way, They just could see that the page is protected for them.

Is there a particular reason that anons can't see the SiteNotice, or is it just the fact that there's not enough space due to ads?

Mariotime11 said:
Is there a particular reason that anons can't see the SiteNotice, or is it just the fact that there's not enough space due to ads?
The MediaWiki function was deleted way back in 2007, and I'm not sure of the exact reason for why it was ridden of. But nowadays, I'd say that there is indeed no room due to the advertisements.

Megadardery said:
Oh, by the way could you apply this revision to the main page.. It is splitting the news and the dyk.

To make the dyk section like all sections. (I mean automatically add margin-top of 10 pixels instead of the manual code) Some one must edit MediaWiki:Common.css and replace:
Code:
.mainpagebox#poll,
.mainpagebox#shroom {
with
Code:
.mainpagebox#poll,
.mainpagebox#shroom,
.mainpagebox#dyk {
and use this revision instead and apply it to the main page
If you don't understand what I said please note.

Other than this.. and a major one actually.

On MarioWiki:Manual of Style:

Code:
It is a wiki about the Mario series. It has many articles like the game Super Mario Bros. An account must be created in order to edit.
should be replaced with
Code:
It is a wiki about the Mario series. It has many articles like the game Super Mario Bros. You must create an account to edit.
because it should only fix the grammar not the "You"s rule (because it should be fixed in Step 3)

Code:
A person must create an account to edit or create new articles.
should be replaced with
Code:
An account must be created in order to edit.
Because it is in a better wording.

I've created a draft here

Back