Requesting edits for locked pages.

Megadardery said:
On MarioWiki:Manual of Style:

Code:
It is a wiki about the Mario series. It has many articles like the game Super Mario Bros. An account must be created in order to edit.
should be replaced with
Code:
It is a wiki about the Mario series. It has many articles like the game Super Mario Bros. You must create an account to edit.
because it should only fix the grammar not the "You"s rule (because it should be fixed in Step 3)
Fixed, good find.

Megadardery said:
Code:
A person must create an account to edit or create new articles.
should be replaced with
Code:
An account must be created in order to edit.
Because it is in a better wording.
Personally, I preferred the current wording.

I also think the current wording is fine (it's more like how "you"s typically get replaced on the wiki, but with "a person" instead of "the player").

Also, we might wanna replace the "You must create an account to edit." with "You must create an account to create new articles." and drop the editing part from the "A person must..." lines, since you don't need to create accounts to edit anymore. And perhaps update the stats while we're at it (45,000 files, 15,000 users, 14 admins; unfortunately {{NUMBEROFVIEWS}} doesn't work anymore, so that one's not updatable unless we wanna guess at how much it went up since it was last updated, in November 2008 (going up from March 2007 stats)).

It's been done. I updated MW:MOS too, except the page view stats. (It's probably more like 900,000,000 now, but I didn't want to guess and risk getting it way off.)

I've just noticed that the placement of the places subpage means the list isn't in alphabetical order. May I request for the subpage to be moved from its current placement to be above 'Proposals' so the list is alphabetical.

Yoshi876 said:
I've just noticed that the placement of the places subpage means the list isn't in alphabetical order. May I request for the subpage to be moved from its current placement to be above 'Proposals' so the list is alphabetical.
Which page is this for?

Squawks the Parrot said:
Yoshi876 said:
Which page is this for?

http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:BJAODN

I don't know if this warrants a proposal or not, but shouldn't we have some sort of solid guideline on naming navigation templates (people are naming them as they see fit, some are abbreviations while others have the game's full name) added to MarioWiki:Navigation Templates?

Drift said:
I don't know if this warrants a proposal or not, but shouldn't we have some sort of solid guideline on naming navigation templates (people are naming them as they see fit, some are abbreviations while others have the game's full name) added to MarioWiki:Navigation Templates?
I believe the user Time Turner was already planning something.

Considering the first sentence of that section is

The Super Mario Wiki does not take on new administrators (Patrollers, Sysops, and/or Bureaucrats) very often.

I don't think your proposed change is necessary.

Yeah, it's unnecessary. Plus it loops sloppy and will screw up countless section links.

Mario4Ever said:
Considering the first sentence of that section is

The Super Mario Wiki does not take on new administrators (Patrollers, Sysops, and/or Bureaucrats) very often.

I don't think your proposed change is necessary.

Sorry didn't see it

Help talk:Media

You think this page should include a mention to Audacity? Audacity is a free and widely used sound editing program that can can export from .mp3 to .ogg files, so if users already have this program, they don't need to go to an external website.

Done.

It might've been moved because of the Mario Kart Arcade GP "Bowser Cup", but that doesn't have a page and the Strikers cup is more likely to be searched for anyway, so it's fine getting the plain title with an articleabout to the MKAGP section.

Yeah, I was about to contact the use who moved it and I read his comment, so I added "articleabout" template to the article. Thanks for moving it

Aren't all disambiguation pages like that...?

Back