Star Wars in General (Movies, Shows, Books, Games, etc.)

Favorite Star Wars Movie(/s)?

• Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • All of Them. Can't Pick a Favorite

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Only Original Trilogy

• Only Prequel Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Only Sequel Trilogy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh crud I can actually click on this thread now.

Was a cool movie.

I can see why this movie receives negative criticisms but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
I can also see why people don't like the Progs but honestly they provide a bit of comic relief in the action heavy moments so I liked their presence. They are the cutest things too. I want one.

Also my favourite exchange in the movie:
Luke: Where are you from?
Rey: Nowhere.
Luke: No one is from nowhere.
Rey: Jakku.
Luke: Okay, that is pretty much nowhere.
Entire theater laughed.

Saw the movie. Globally I liked it but some plot developments were Interesting.

good thing I spoiled the whole thing to myself one month because I don't think I'd have been able to get over the leia flying back into the ship while in the theater.

Moreover, seeing it strenghtens my opinion the whole First Order vs Resistance setup is a big waste. The ot had the typical scrappy rebels vs evil establishment plot, while the prequels had a conflict between two more-or-less equal forces. Why not do an establishment vs evil guerillas plot? (Maybe I should read Heir to the Empire...) also I don't get the concept the new republic apparently has no military left at all and is doing nothing about the space nazis in their backyard after they blew up the government. The fact nobody brings it up or is apparently concerned is just so bizarre and seems to have been made up for the express purpose of having tie-ins fill this baffling plot gap.

I was actually obsessed with star wars as a kid (when I was like 5/6/7) I watched all the movies (namely the scenes with light saber battles..hehe) and had like 5 of those plastic lightsabers. However nowadays I just don't find Star Wars interesting (don't hate). I saw both The Force Awakens and Rogue One but honestly didn't find them interesting, both were just like seeing images on a screen to me. I didn't go see The Last Jedi primarily because it was the last week of school before Christmas break and I had finals but I highly doubt I would have even if I had time to.

Glowsquid said:
Moreover, seeing it strenghtens my opinion the whole First Order vs Resistance setup is a big waste. The ot had the typical scrappy rebels vs evil establishment plot, while the prequels had a conflict between two more-or-less equal forces. Why not do an establishment vs evil guerillas plot? (Maybe I should read Heir to the Empire...)
Yeah, it's pretty good. Watching the Empire have to play smart because they were the underdog was really interesting.

Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command) and the X-Wing series were great about showing the struggles of the growing New Republic. Skipping over all that for the sequel trilogy is just super frustrating to anyone who cared about what happened after Episode VI... which is to say, most Star Wars fans.

i have only one thing to say about this movie

REY AND POE DAMERON SHIPTEASE YUSSSSS SEXIEST STAR WARS COUPLE EVER LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

Oh Neptune...

Is it good to have you back for some time!

why did the remove all the color

i still don't see any reason to see this movie besides "hey it's star wars"

Yeah I think also Darth Sidious (or Darth Vader) should have his own movie. Not Darth Maul because he only appears in Star Wars 1 and we don't know much about him.

Toadgamer said:
Not Darth Maul because he only appears in Star Wars 1 and we don't know much about him.
That’s exactly why he should get a movie, to develop his character.

Darth Maul had a ton of development in Clone Wars and Rebels. Yes, they're canon. He was well done there. If any Darth Maul film were to happen, I'd set it between Clone Wars and Rebels.

An Ahsoka movie is also something I'd be down for.

I just want a movie fully chronicling R2-D2's long battle with his smoking addiction
r2d2-smoking.png

Just saw Solo. I actually really liked it. I could totally see the younger counterparts of Han and Lando. All in all a fun film with just the right amount of fan service.

DARTH FUCKING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

Captain America said:
Just saw Solo. I actually really liked it. I could totally see the younger counterparts of Han and Lando. All in all a fun film with just the right amount of fan service.

DARTH *bleep*ING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

Dude, same! Saw it today and I don't understand the complaints people had going in. The movie is awesome, that's all I have to say about it. Freaking. Awesome.
Can't wait for part 2.

When I first heard about all the behind-the-scenes changes I admittedly thought it was gonna bomb, but I'd say it was pretty alright, I guess whelmed would be the best way to put it.

there wasn't much about the movie that i had issue with but at the same time as i left the theatre it felt like there wasn't many scenes that really stuck with me. that said i did spend a good portion of the movie waiting for it to end so i could take a piss.

Also the origin for han's last name is reeaally stupid.

Captain America said:

DARTH FUCKING MAUL. I absolutely loved seeing him here. People not familiar with the shows though are gonna be hella confused, but who cares. Their fault for not being caught up. I don't get why Star Wars can acknowledge the TV shows but the MCU seems incapable.

It'd be one thing if someone complained about not understanding a part of say, Infinity Wars because they didn't watch Ragnarok, but a tie-in to friggin' Star Wars Rebels of all things is pretty random.

Kyoka Jiro said:
When I first heard about all the behind-the-scenes changes I admittedly thought it was gonna bomb, but I'd say it was pretty alright, I guess whelmed would be the best way to put it.

there wasn't much about the movie that i had issue with but at the same time as i left the theatre it felt like there wasn't many scenes that really stuck with me. that said i did spend a good portion of the movie waiting for it to end so i could take a piss.

Also the origin for han's last name is reeaally stupid.

Captain America said:

It'd be one thing if someone complained about not understanding a part of say, Infinity Wars because they didn't watch Ragnarok, but a tie-in to friggin' Star Wars Rebels of all things is pretty random.
I mean, he's canonically been alive since 2012. Not really many excuses for not knowing at this point.

idk i just thought that reveal was pretty hilarious because it was extremely random and had absolutely nothing at all to do with the movie

Back