Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

filling up my pokedex whilst levelling up my party of eleven mons

min-maxing like a pro

Gir said:
Nathan Drake said:
I was actually in the middle of trying to catch a Metang, but I pressed "Run" on accident.
But that's actually good, because it's certainly easier to train a fully evolved Metagross than train it from a Beldum from the start, because Beldum's ONLY MOVE is Take Down before it evolves.

I was mostly just trying to log it as "caught" in my pokedex.

You could always breed a Metagross with a Ditto, and then give your new Beldum the Exp. Share until it evolves. Metang entry will be written afterwards.

Well today was successful.

Got leftovers, enjoyed the third gym as it was a bit mystical in a way, and all it was good.

Until I got to desert resort, mainly because I found out earlier there was a fire stone there, hidden, but there.

I swear like every trainer and wild pokemon had constant critical hits against my team, really hate that place, but got the fire stone, evolved Growlithe, and now I feel good.

Also is it me or is gym leader battle music really freaking awesome?

MnSG said:
You could always breed a Metagross with a Ditto, and then give your new Beldum the Exp. Share until it evolves. Metang entry will be written afterwards.

And level 20 really isn't that horribly far away for a steel-type that takes little damage from the lack of typed enemies in the early stages of the game.
The only damage I took in those 20 levels was EQ damage, or my own recoil.

I used up all my poke balls on Metagross when I searched for it. I gave up and took the easy way out and evolved the Metang I caught.

I haven't played this since I beat the E4 the second time. But it still have a shit ton of Pokemon to catch that I skipped over. I actually managed to defeat Iris' Haxorus with Outrage hitting twice. It also used Outrage, but it didn't OHKO me strangely. It definitely was worth the shards to teach my Flygon that move. But that was the only move I liked that the tutor offered.

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but critical hits seem to be more common in this game. Every other battle, I get hit with or get one critical hit. Not that it matters much since they still can't one shot me, but I'm not the only one who's noticed this.

It does sound pretty weird, considering that the lowest critical hit rate is 6.25%. I guess luck tends to favor your opponents more, which is probably why some of them are heavily fond of the 1-hit KO moves.

Beat the Elite Four last night.

I don't think I've ever used that many items before. Also snagged a Cresselia.

Well beat the living crap out of Elesa, then got Zorua(sp?) but evolved it to Zoroark already.

Was planning on using a adament huge power azumaril, so I went and got its baby form, only to realize it evolved into marill too late, so no aqua tail, may just catch/breed another one.

Now in clays gym which is pretty interesting.

I almost have a full team, but I need a good water pokemon and flying pokemon.

So far all the flyers ive encountered really suck, besides one.

I could get a zubat and evolve it into crobat who is really good and can learn fly as well. Water wise I dunno, while adamant huge power azumarill is a pretty good pokemon, but it can't make use of surf and therefor wastes an entire moveslot.

I don't really want to use Jellicent again since I used him in the previous game, as I'd rather use some other pokemon. Apparently staryu is in the game so I'm looking at that but I don't really know how far route 13 is anyway.

Any suggestions?

Note:

playing black verison.

Route 13 is after the 6th Gym, near Undella Town. Actually, I think you can get Staryu in Undella Town. But you might need a Pokemon knowing Surf to get it.

Zoroark is good, but he has a pretty shitty moveset.

Zae said:
Well beat the living crap out of Elesa, then got Zorua(sp?) but evolved it to Zoroark already.

Was planning on using a adament huge power azumaril, so I went and got its baby form, only to realize it evolved into marill too late, so no aqua tail, may just catch/breed another one.

Now in clays gym which is pretty interesting.

I almost have a full team, but I need a good water pokemon and flying pokemon.

So far all the flyers ive encountered really suck, besides one.

I could get a zubat and evolve it into crobat who is really good and can learn fly as well. Water wise I dunno, while adamant huge power azumarill is a pretty good pokemon, but it can't make use of surf and therefor wastes an entire moveslot.

I don't really want to use Jellicent again since I used him in the previous game, as I'd rather use some other pokemon. Apparently staryu is in the game so I'm looking at that but I don't really know how far route 13 is anyway.

Any suggestions?

Note:

playing black verison.

If you're using a 3DS, consider getting radar and snagging Therian thunderus.
It's basically a slightly slower jolteon on steriods that can fly. Not bad.

As for water, you're limited here. I took walrien, but I have no idea how hard that is to get pre-game.

I caught an Illumise the other day, and looked at some sources that say that Illumise has a chance to get a Volbeat egg. Every egg that I got was an Illumise egg, so I'm obviously getting false information or something.

MnSG said:
I caught an Illumise the other day, and looked at some sources that say that Illumise has a chance to get a Volbeat egg. Every egg that I got was an Illumise egg, so I'm obviously getting false information or something.
Where did you look this up?

Well, Volbeat does have Egg Moves, even though it's 100% male. Likewise, the Nidoran male family has Egg Moves too.

Welp played some more today, got a Zubat and evolved it into Crobat, so I'm happy.

After that beat the living crap out of Clay with just my Lucario, and did the tournament thing.

*continues to play*

Anyone have Genesect? I won't get White 2 till Christmas, so I'll miss the event.

That tournament thing was my favourite part. Was fun.

Roserade said:
Anyone have Genesect? I won't get White 2 till Christmas, so I'll miss the event.

I have it. I got the Chill and Douse Drive for it. Not sure how to get the others. Ether way, I don't use it.

Crackin355 said:
That tournament thing was my favourite part. Was fun.

Roserade said:

I have it. I got the Chill and Douse Drive for it. Not sure how to get the others. Ether way, I don't use it.
Eventually, I'm gonna have to get your address.

Seriously, I want Genesect SO bad!

I think it's stupid how Pokemon.com said that Keldeo and Genesect were "newly discovered Pokemon".

Gee, thanks for the help. :mad:

Back