Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

I keep killing N's Pokemon because I NEVER KNOW THEY'RE COMING! I have some of them, though.

I wanted to trade my Gurdurr, but then I realised it knows an HM move. I guess I have to wait until I find the Move Deleter to evolve it.

Anyone who's at Driftveil City - do you go to the gym as soon as you arrive? It seems like there should be some kind of...training area or something. I went down to Chargestone Cave and fought the trainers there, but I get a feeling I shouldn't go to the end of it.

Just got it. When I got my starter, I was having second thoughts on ditching it, but I got My Riolu (I named it Rio, because I named my female one in Platinum Luca) and ditched it in the box. It felt wrong spending so much time just to get Pokemon for the dex, but its fine now. The only Pokemon I'm missing for the start to the 1st gym are Audino and Dunsparce.

I'm currently in Flocessy Ranch, Rio is Lv11, I'll post stats after the first gym in the Pokemon party topic.

Purple Yoshi said:
I keep killing N's Pokemon because I NEVER KNOW THEY'RE COMING! I have some of them, though.

I wanted to trade my Gurdurr, but then I realised it knows an HM move. I guess I have to wait until I find the Move Deleter to evolve it.

Anyone who's at Driftveil City - do you go to the gym as soon as you arrive? It seems like there should be some kind of...training area or something. I went down to Chargestone Cave and fought the trainers there, but I get a feeling I shouldn't go to the end of it.

Isn't there that one Breeder on the route right outside there that you can battle an infinite number of times?

Pretty much every Pokemon Breeder can be rematched, but it's important to realize that as your Pokemon levels up, the amount of experience points that it'll gain will gradually decrease, even with the Lucky Egg held.

@Purple Yoshi: You won't be able to get very far at Chargestone Cave without defeating Clay, but it's not like the Pokemon there are tougher than Clay's team.

While the Pokemon Breeders being able to rebattle you is a great idea, it's very annoying if they're UNAVOIDABLE. Like that one at the beginning of Route 4.

Despite this, my Pokemon are still slightly underlevelled, they're level 28-29 when I'm starting Clay's gym. My old rule was that my Pokemon should be about the same level as the gym leader's weakest Pokemon, but I don't think that's going to work here.

God, so fucking pissed off. Normally a Pokemon game couldn't piss me off but I'm out of money for any items, only got one Pokemon out of 15 poke balls and 5 great balls. Out of 20 Pokeballs, I only got the one Lv10 Elekid.

EDIT: Correction, I was angry before I started playing the game, not because of this. This just annoyed me extra from being pissed off to begin with.

Some Pokemon require better Poke Balls to catch more easily. I was able to catch a Basculin with just one Net Ball, which is quite lucky, considering its catch rate of 25.

Anyway, you won't catch an Elekid that easily with just basic Poke Balls, but a Magnemite is more doable.

MnSG said:
Some Pokemon require better Poke Balls to catch more easily. I was able to catch a Basculin with just one Net Ball, which is quite lucky, considering its catch rate of 25.

Anyway, you won't catch an Elekid that easily with just basic Poke Balls, but a Magnemite is more doable.

I used my Great balls first. Either way, I got it now, the only stat it has Better than My Lucario, Rio, is the speed. Which is above by 2.

Yeah, Elekid is pretty fast for an early stage Pokemon, outrunning Abra, and being at the same level as Diglett.

How did it take so long? Does Elekid have a low catch rate or something? Or were you just unlucky?

Purple Yoshi said:
How did it take so long? Does Elekid have a low catch rate or something? Or were you just unlucky?

I'd say I was just extremely unlucky. Every other Pokemon only takes one or two pokeballs, the harder to find ones take 4 maximum usually.

Also, if anybody wants the Keldeo C-Gear skin, the code is KELDEOCGEARBW2. I only just figured out how to do it, although I'm tossing up between keeping the Halloween skin for the rest of the month or using the Keldeo one.

Gir said:
where do we enter codes

i've never gotten a custom cgear skin before

Do you have a Pokemon Global Link account?
You have to connect to your Pokemon global link account (I made on yesterday, fairly standard). Then what happens is from there you make a Pokemon Dream World thing. For that, in BW2, you need to click online and game sync, should show your code. Put the code into the thing to register your game on the site.

You click on My Page when you enter the Global link part of the site, then click Promotions. There's a few things, just click the C-Gear ones, they're the only good ones. For the Halloween one, you just click submit and it's done, for the Keldeo one, just type in the code and click submit.

Then you need to go to customize and choose your c-gear skins. There's also a Pokedex skin that's already on there, as well as a munna c-gear. Anyway, tick the ones you want and click done or whatever. Next time you use game sync and quit, it'll change.

It's complicated when you read it, but it gives you pretty clear instructions once you sign up.

Purple Yoshi said:

Elekid's catch rate is 45, while Magnemite's is 190. It'll often take less Poke Balls to catch a Magnemite than an Elekid, but using a Dusk Ball at night can help greatly.

MnSG said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Elekid's catch rate is 45, while Magnemite's is 190. It'll often take less Poke Balls to catch a Magnemite than an Elekid, but using a Dusk Ball at night can help greatly.

It shouldn't normally take 20 Pokeballs to catch a Lv10 Paralyzed Red Health Elekid, and one ball for a yellow health Magnemite. Just saying.

Riolu isn't exactly a cake walk either. But when you think it over, even with the best Poke Balls (not counting Master Balls), you'll never catch most legendaries as easily as you would with most other Pokemon. Just be fortunate that Reshiram and Zekrom have catch rates of 45, instead of 3.

I got Riolu in 4 Pokeballs, half health, no status conditions.

I'm not saying it should be easy to catch Elekid, I'm just saying it shouldn't have taken so long with all the things done to it. I just looked it up on a catch rate calculator. 35% chance of getting it, 3 Balls on average.

That's why I think I was just extremely unlucky.

Genesect trolls everyone except elesa, i had trouble with her in White, because I only trained Dewott, it couldnt win,until I got event Victini lv. 50, but now I cant win with pignite, so Now I'm training against the early game crappy excuse for aPokémon areas

My Krokorok took care of Elesa's Zebstrika pretty well, seeing as Flame Charge isn't all that strong. Just find a good Ground-type that can't be heavily scarred by Elesa's team, and you should get the win.

For some brief advice, Drilbur learns Earthquake at level 33. Let it learn that move before evolving it into Excadrill; Horn Drill is not worth it, and it saves having to reach level 36 to get the attack.

Dr. Turnip said:
Sorry about the double post, but I just got my 8th gym badge from Marlon the fish man.

Something seems fishy about this post.

Must be my imagination. Anyway, Funfest missions are a great way of getting items.

Back