Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

...wait, you KEEP the items you get from the funfest missions? I'd better check that up.

I really liked the battle with Elesa. It was the first battle where I actually had to use STRATEGY to win. Mostly because of Volt Switch. So I predicted when she'd use Volt Switch, and who she'd switch into. It was great, and it was actually difficult.

At least she only had one Emolga. I hate those guys.

Purple Yoshi said:
...wait, you KEEP the items you get from the funfest missions? I'd better check that up.

I really liked the battle with Elesa. It was the first battle where I actually had to use STRATEGY to win. Mostly because of Volt Switch. So I predicted when she'd use Volt Switch, and who she'd switch into. It was great, and it was actually difficult.

At least she only had one Emolga. I hate those guys.

I think I kept them, otherwise I wouldn't have so many paralyze heals.

EDIT: I just beat her, honestly, not too hard. She started with Emolga, I used Return a few times on her Zebstrika as well as Bone Rush (Advice, make Lucario learn Bone Rush, tons of help). Same with her Flaaffy. Then she volt switched to Zebstrika which I predicted and KO'd Zebstrika. Then I beat Flaaffy by using Trapinch (resistance), then beat Emolga the same way, using Rock Slide.

I mostly brute forced it, but Bone Rush was a big help.

Volt Switch can be stopped by Ground-type Pokemon though, and being immune to Thunder Wave also helps. Unfortunately, Ground-types can still be affected by the Static ability, contrary to their immunity to Electric-type moves.

MnSG said:
Volt Switch can be stopped by Ground-type Pokemon though, and being immune to Thunder Wave also helps. Unfortunately, Ground-types can still be affected by the Static ability, contrary to their immunity to Electric-type moves.

Yes, it can, but Lucario is still good if you don't have a ground type on the team.

Dr. Turnip said:
Where the hell is Amanita in this game?

You mean the PC girl? Go to Castelia, the building left of the gym, top floor, she's there with Fennel.

Also, all I have to do before facing the E4 is catch any Pokemon I'm currently missing. I already ran through Victory Road. I hate how it makes you use HM's. luckily, I can just delete the move and re-teach it through TM.

The Move Deleter's main purpose is to merely delete HM moves. All the other moves can be replaced at will, though you need to be careful that you don't forget any Egg Moves that you want, as they can't be relearned, unless they're also portrayed as tutor moves.

Just beat the E4, OHKO most of the Champs Pokemon. Except for Haxorus. I spent 82:18 on it, all my mons were Lv69. I used 14 Rare Candies right before the champ. I'll be posting my final team in the Pokemon party thread if you're interested.

Well I just started playing, pretty cool so far and already encountered a Riolu.

On that note new rival is really weird.

Dr. Turnip said:
69 is super over leveled. At the very most you should have lv. 60 mons.

Mine were all at 57.

I know that. It's what happens when you try completing the Pokedex. But it's also good leveling for the E4 Rematch.

Plus, if you leave all the rare candies to the end, you get more usage out of them.

You will have to level up your Pokemon to overleveled states eventually, as once you head to Pinwheel Forest, you will be dealing with high leveled wild Pokemon and trainers. In fact, you will need to be very weary of the Veteran class trainers, as they have the tendency to use fully evolved, very high-leveled Pokemon against you; some being as high as level 70.

MnSG said:
You will have to level up your Pokemon to overleveled states eventually, as once you head to Pinwheel Forest, you will be dealing with high leveled wild Pokemon and trainers. In fact, you will need to be very weary of the Veteran class trainers, as they have the tendency to use fully evolved, very high-leveled Pokemon against you; some being as high as level 70.

It just means I have a head start then. So it's definitely not a bad thing I'm overleveled. Especially since I had so much trouble in White for the post-game because of the difficulty jump.

MnSG said:

I almost lost that Veteran double battle with Cherenkov in Pinwheel

Edit: My phone thinks Cheren is Russian.

Is it me, or is the Eevee who has the Dream World ability always male!? For a Pokemon that's more likely to be male than female (87.5:12.5), not once have I gotten one to be female, which is a problem, since males can't pass on Dream World abilities to their offspring.

Dr. Turnip said:
MnSG said:

I almost lost that Veteran double battle with Cherenkov in Pinwheel

Yeah, that was a pretty rough battle. I decided last night to skip catchable Pokemon until later, so now I'm pretty sure by the time I've cleared out the trainers, I'll be at least Lv80. So I won't need to grind unnecessarily to beat the E4 Rematch.

There's also the White Treehollow for the White Version 2 players, though you need to be aware that as you advance, the trainers will be using higher leveled Pokemon, with the final Boss Trainer, Benga, using level 80 Pokemon.

MnSG said:
There's also the White Treehollow for the White Version 2 players, though you need to be aware that as you advance, the trainers will be using higher leveled Pokemon, with the final Boss Trainer, Benga, using level 80 Pokemon.

Is white tree hollow one of those things that you battle a shit ton of trainers over and over a shit ton of times to reach the end. Those bore me so much, so if it is, doubt ill do that.

The place can reward you with a lot of money if you have the Amulet Coin though. That in return will come in handy when you're trying to get all the TMs.

So, right now I'm moving on to fight the Elite Four.

Managed to catch myself an Onix and a Metagross, and evolve my Electabuzz, which is neat.

I know, he was kind of a bitch to catch.

I was actually in the middle of trying to catch a Metang, but I pressed "Run" on accident.

Yeah it is quite disturbing that the Beldum family has such a low catch rate. At least there's a way to get a Beldum from the Pokemon Dream Radar.

Nathan Drake said:
I was actually in the middle of trying to catch a Metang, but I pressed "Run" on accident.
But that's actually good, because it's certainly easier to train a fully evolved Metagross than train it from a Beldum from the start, because Beldum's ONLY MOVE is Take Down before it evolves.

Back