Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

Re: SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed

Baby Luigi said:
Professor Mario said:
MnSG said:
From what I've gathered, Mario was not included, because Nintendo agreed with Sega to limit the Mario & Sonic crossovers to the Olympics.
...That just makes the decision even more dumb. It seems like they didn't like the idea of Mario spreading there in order to promote more people (money) to buy M&S since they actually helped in marketing it.

Besides, don't expect a Mario/Sonic platformer any time soon >.<'
As sad as that is, I've known this truth for many years. They could at least spread the Mario & Sonic series to something beyond the Olympics though, like a fighter or racing game.

Or *gasp* making JUST Mario playable and exclusive to the Wii version of Sega All-Stars Racing! Nothing more, nothing less.

Huh, I might consider that game if Mario is in. Don't they want more copies sold due to Mario's being in?

La Marionette said:
Don't they want more copies sold due to Mario's being in?

Mario being in costs money, though

Perhaps, but Mario's iconic face can allure people to buy Sega All-Stars Racing, so it can boost sales.

Perhaps the one thing I hated about the original was the character roster.

I honestly couldn't tell if it was going for a SEGA best-of roster or a Sonic roster with some extra characters from other series.

Either add more or subtract Sonic characters, SEGA. My OCD sense is tingling.

This game IS called SEGA All stars racing for a reason. Putting in Mario would defeat the purpose. Sure it would get more people buying it, but the point is its a game taking characters from SEGA's history, Mario already has his own kart racer, but I dont see people asking Sonic to be in for more sales. Same deal here.

Well then why was Banjo-Kazooie, Xbox Live Avatar and Miis in the first game? None of them are SEGA characters. From seeing the trailer, this game is coming to PS3, PSVita, 3DS and Xbox 360, so if they were to put Mario (as well as return the Miis) in the 3DS version, I would totally be getting that one rather than the Xbox 360 version (or both if the 3DS version ends up being extremely downgraded like the DS version of the first game, but I doubt that will happen).
BTW, there won't be a Wii version, but this gives a heads up for a Wii U version to be announced later on. If Mario isn't in the 3DS version, he might be in the Wii U version.

SKmarioman said:
Well then why was Banjo-Kazooie, Xbox Live Avatar and Miis in the first game? None of them are SEGA characters. From seeing the trailer, this game is coming to PS3, PSVita, 3DS and Xbox 360, so if they were to put Mario (as well as return the Miis) in the 3DS version, I would totally be getting that one rather than the Xbox 360 version (or both if the 3DS version ends up being extremely downgraded like the DS version of the first game, but I doubt that will happen).
BTW, there won't be a Wii version, but this gives a heads up for a Wii U version to be announced later on. If Mario isn't in the 3DS version, he might be in the Wii U version.

Mario is pretty much THE face of Nintendo. Banjo isn't the face of X-Box last time I checked. Its like putting Sonic in Mario party. It's called Mario party for a reason.

SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed is also called that for a reason.

But I've said what I've had to, so you can keep chatting about the game. The first game was great by itself, this one will be too. So I don't know why putting in one more character will sway so many people. You should be playing for SEGA's characters, not Nintendos. It's like an insult to SEGA.

But fuck it. Don't listen to me. Do whatever you want. I'm just in a fucking bad mood for some reason.

Hey guys! Guess what? TSSZ, a site that I actually find to be quite reliable in their news, has posted *potentially* new information regarding the game.

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/

I'm at least happy to know that two of my favorite SEGA franchises, Vectorman and Ristar, at least have a reliable chance of being in here! Although I think that latter's cameo in the Sonic DLC stage Death Egg in the predecessor pretty much gave that away. It's also sad news to see Kirby might've had a chance. His Warp Star would've made an awesome vehicle! Although I honestly think Fox would've ben better since he could have a Landmaster on land, Arwing in the sky, and the Blue Marine in the water! Would've been awesome...

But I'm completely content with SEGA characters though. I really want Nights though, he's my second favorite to SEGA.

Remember, despite my shown enthusiasm, there is a chance that this might not be true. However, I'm willing to trust them due to reasons already stated.

Chemical Plant would be awesome to go through in a submarine I think.

Professor Mario said:
Hey guys! Guess what? TSSZ, a site that I actually find to be quite reliable in their news, has posted *potentially* new information regarding the game.

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/30/source-reveals-additional-asr-transformed-details/

I'm at least happy to know that two of my favorite SEGA franchises, Vectorman and Ristar, at least have a reliable chance of being in here! Although I think that latter's cameo in the Sonic DLC stage Death Egg in the predecessor pretty much gave that away. It's also sad news to see Kirby might've had a chance. His Warp Star would've made an awesome vehicle! Although I honestly think Fox would've ben better since he could have a Landmaster on land, Arwing in the sky, and the Blue Marine in the water! Would've been awesome...

But I'm completely content with SEGA characters though. I really want Nights though, he's my second favorite to SEGA.

Remember, despite my shown enthusiasm, there is a chance that this might not be true. However, I'm willing to trust them due to reasons already stated.
Call me cautiously optimistic, while I'm certainly glad to hear this, I'm going to wait for an actual screenshot, trailer, or demo that includes these things before getting too excited.

I wonder if there will be Classic and Modern Sonic or just one Sonic in.

@Crackin': The only reason I mentioned Mario is that SEGA seriously did consider Mario to be Wii exclusive in the first SEGA All-Stars Racing, but discarded the idea.

Yoshidude99 said:
I really, really, really, really, REALLY, doubt were going to see Classic in a wile, or ever again to be honest. In fact, if they didn't put him in Sonic 4, then there's literally no way he'll make it here. Maybe as a costume, but not a full character.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Mario is pretty much THE face of Nintendo. Banjo isn't the face of X-Box last time I checked. Its like putting Sonic in Mario party. It's called Mario party for a reason.

Comparing Mario Party (which is strictly Mario) to the SEGA racer (not stricly Sonic, but a SEGA crossover). It would be better compared to Super Smash Bros. And guess what? They put Sonic and Solid Snake in it!

But you'd seem to be fine if it was someone other than the face of Nintendo, as you're defending Banjo and Kazooie's spots in the first game.

Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
I really, really, really, really, REALLY, doubt were going to see Classic in a wile, or ever again to be honest. In fact, if they didn't put him in Sonic 4, then there's literally no way he'll make it here. Maybe as a costume, but not a full character.
Sonic 4 was modern with classic elements though. I think Classic might be a costume or skin or even a cameo.

Yoshidude99 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Sonic 4 was modern with classic elements though. I think Classic might be a costume or skin or even a cameo.
Exactly. Fanboys pleaded for SEGA to include classic in4, made petitions, and even whined all over the forums, but SEGA stayed strong. If SEGA wouldn't even make Classic a skin for a direct sequel to his games, why do it for a random cross-over racer?

Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Exactly. Fanboys pleaded for SEGA to include classic in4, made petitions, and even whined all over the forums, but SEGA stayed strong. If SEGA wouldn't even make Classic a skin for a direct sequel to his games, why do it for a random cross-over racer?
To promote Sonic Generations?

Toad85 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Still doubt it. SEGA's not really that type of company to promote game like that. And I really don't think you comprehend Classic Sonic's situation in general. If you were on the SEGA forum's since Sonic 4: Episode I and kept up with Sonic news, you'd know SEGA really treats Classic Sonic as something they should never disturb.

Yeah, he didn't mention anything new besides an new E3 demo, which I already anticipated. However, I can tell he cares about developing the game and its input, so I'm glad he's directing it.

Professor Mario said:
Toad85 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Professor Mario said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Still doubt it. SEGA's not really that type of company to promote game like that. And I really don't think you comprehend Classic Sonic's situation in general. If you were on the SEGA forum's since Sonic 4: Episode I and kept up with Sonic news, you'd know SEGA really treats Classic Sonic as something they should never disturb.
Still he should at least make a cameo.

Magikrazy said:
Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:

Comparing Mario Party (which is strictly Mario) to the SEGA racer (not stricly Sonic, but a SEGA crossover). It would be better compared to Super Smash Bros. And guess what? They put Sonic and Solid Snake in it!

But you'd seem to be fine if it was someone other than the face of Nintendo, as you're defending Banjo and Kazooie's spots in the first game.

If it was Fox with all his vehicles or Kirby with a Warp Star it'd be fine, if it was Mario it just wouldn't fit well.

Back