Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

Re: SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Magikrazy said:
Mario is pretty much THE face of Nintendo. Banjo isn't the face of X-Box last time I checked. Its like putting Sonic in Mario party. It's called Mario party for a reason.

SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed is also called that for a reason.
Comparing Mario Party (which is strictly Mario) to the SEGA racer (not stricly Sonic, but a SEGA crossover). It would be better compared to Super Smash Bros. And guess what? They put Sonic and Solid Snake in it!

But you'd seem to be fine if it was someone other than the face of Nintendo, as you're defending Banjo and Kazooie's spots in the first game.

If it was Fox with all his vehicles or Kirby with a Warp Star it'd be fine, if it was Mario it just wouldn't fit well.
What would their power-up or whatever be?

Kirby: Maybe he'd suck up a driver close to him and use his/her/its power-up.
Fox: I don't know, All-Range Mode?

Guys.
'3K said:
CAPTAIN FALCON

It just works.

Sonic's fast. F-ZERO's fast. Sega had a major part in developing the last console F-ZERO title.

Magikrazy said:
Mario is pretty much THE face of Nintendo. Banjo isn't the face of X-Box last time I checked. Its like putting Sonic in Mario party. It's called Mario party for a reason.

Comparing Mario Party (which is strictly Mario) to the SEGA racer (not stricly Sonic, but a SEGA crossover). It would be better compared to Super Smash Bros. And guess what? They put Sonic and Solid Snake in it!

But you'd seem to be fine if it was someone other than the face of Nintendo, as you're defending Banjo and Kazooie's spots in the first game.

If it was Fox with all his vehicles or Kirby with a Warp Star it'd be fine, if it was Mario it just wouldn't fit well.
mario-kart_for_3ds.jpg

Toad85 said:
Magikrazy said:

mario-kart_for_3ds.jpg

Mario has Mario Kart for a reason.

Captain Falcon was something I wondered after I posted before.

Crap, I forgot I made this topic... I also misspelled the title, who embarassing... I should fix that.

Anyway, I have the game, and once I set my Wii U up, I've been TOTALLY addicted to it! I've been primarily playing as Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Ralph, and Vyse, though I also like using Alex Kidd, Knuckles, Gilius Thunderhead, and Joe Musashi.

Also, I've got some news regarding DLC characters. I just found out about this: apparently, as of January 18, SUMO has collected votes from the fans to considered possible characters for DLC. They said they'd consider characters whose votes were over 1,000. They sort of "dared" the community to come up with at least 3 characters with that many, but as it turns out, there were 7 characters that managed to get more than 1,000 votes!

- Ryo Hazuki (from Shenmue) received 3,379 votes
- Hatsune Miku received 3,180 votes
- Segata Sanshiro received 2,613 votes
- Vectorman received 1,221 votes
- Bayonetta received 1,215 votes
- Ristar received 1,081 votes
- ToeJam & Earl received 1,015 votes

Above all else, I REALLY hope Vectorman, Ryo, and Segata Sanshiro make it in (I can just picture Segata riding a Sega Saturn in this game! XP ). ToeJam & Earl and Bayonetta would be cool, too (apparently, Sega still owns the rights to Bayonetta, even though Nintendo's publishing her sequel). Ristar would also be cool, but he's already the flagman, so unless they get someone else to be the flagman, I don't see how it's going to work. I had to look up who Hatsune Miku was, and I've seen here quite a bit around the Internet. Highly doubt she'll make it in, but who knows.

Also, I noticed this while playing the game the other day, but on the character select screen, there appears to be enough space there to fit another row of 5 characters on the screen. Maybe they'll pick up to 5 characters for DLC? I hope so...

Dlc characters would be nice, looking forward to some Bayonetta and Vectorman for freaking sure.

Anyway this game is freaking awesome and by far my favorite racing game. Beating the ever so incredible extreme-g 3 and f-zero gx.

Great tracks, great music, great modes, great everything really, besides maybe the roster being questionable but otherwise, fan-freaking-tastic game.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Isn't Hatsune Miku from that same game that Rin Kagamine is in?
Who's Rin Kagamine?

Also, I forgot to mention, the PC version has exclusive characters:

-Football Manager from the game of the same name
-Shogun from Shogun: Total War
-The Heavy, the Pyro, and the Spy from Team Fortress 2

Smashgoom202 said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Who's Rin Kagamine?

Hatsune Miku, Rin Kagamine are all characters from the vocaloid universe.

Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Who's Rin Kagamine?

Oh yeah... And vocaloid... isn't that some kind of recording device or something? I looked it up, yeah, but didn't bother looking any further into what it actually was.

Smashgoom202 said:
Zae said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Who's Rin Kagamine?

Oh yeah... And vocaloid... isn't that some kind of recording device or something? I looked it up, yeah, but didn't bother looking any further into what it actually was.
its a voice embedded recording device or something like that, yeah. Not sure why Miku would even be considered of voting though, then again Danica was in transformed so who knows?

Well, this WAS community voted... They probably assumed she'd be possible after seeing Danica, like you said, and Wreck-It Ralph. Honestly, I hope that SUMO (the company that made this game, as well as the previous Sega Superstars games) won't even bother in favor of actual SEGA characters.

Vectorman's MY top choice, FYI.

Yeah, I think I'll get this soon. I feel like I need some more games for my Wii U and I've had my eye on this one for a while. The first one was good, despite a few flaws, so this one might be good.

Smashgoom202 said:
Well, this WAS community voted... They probably assumed she'd be possible after seeing Danica, like you said, and Wreck-It Ralph. Honestly, I hope that SUMO (the company that made this game, as well as the previous Sega Superstars games) won't even bother in favor of actual SEGA characters.

Vectorman's MY top choice, FYI.

Yeah Vectorman is certainly a top choice for me too. Looks cool and has some rad games so woo.

What I'd like more though is more tracks, I could live without characters, tracks.... not so much.

Wasn't Vectorman shown in a picture that was posted in this thread?

EDIT: Bought it for $28 on ozgameshop. It was the limited edition apparently, none of them were sold out. It was originally $48, but I got a $20 discount from all the points I've accumulated over the year.

So what does the limited edition have? I know it has Metal Sonic or something. I think there's a bonus stage as well? Not sure.

Zae said:
Yeah Vectorman is certainly a top choice for me too. Looks cool and has some rad games so woo.

What I'd like more though is more tracks, I could live without characters, tracks.... not so much.
I'm actually fine with the number of tracks they have already, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more. Perhaps one based on Space Channel 5 or Ristar... If thy include Vectorman, I'd LOVE to see a Vectorman-based track!

Crackin355 said:
Wasn't Vectorman shown in a picture that was posted in this thread?

EDIT: Bought it for $28 on ozgameshop. It was the limited edition apparently, none of them were sold out. It was originally $48, but I got a $20 discount from all the points I've accumulated over the year.

So what does the limited edition have? I know it has Metal Sonic or something. I think there's a bonus stage as well? Not sure.
Pretty sure that was just fanart...

Also, I don't know for sure if it's in the other versions, but my game, which is also a Bonus Edition, comes with a track based on OutRun (a racing series SUMO also did).

Smashgoom202 said:
Zae said:

I'm actually fine with the number of tracks they have already, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more. Perhaps one based on Space Channel 5 or Ristar... If thy include Vectorman, I'd LOVE to see a Vectorman-based track!

The current tracks are pretty nice I must admit, but I'm just always up for more. Plus I'd just like to see any more tracks based on other sega games I haven't played as well. As my only real gaming experience with sega is sonic and skies of archadia.

Same here... and I didn't play Skies of Arcadia until years later! Although I tried out Billy Hatcher and NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams once, even though I didn't get that far into either of them...

I THINK I've played Vectorman at one point, but I don't remember getting too far into that either. I'm not much of a SEGA fan at all, but even still, I LOVE games like this, companies take all their existing properties and put them into one big crossover. It's brilliant, really, especially when they include the more obscure stuff.

Smashgoom202 said:
I LOVE games like this, companies take all their existing properties and put them into one big crossover. It's brilliant, really, especially when they include the more obscure stuff.

I love things like that as well, but the game itself does have to be good, otherwise it's just a disaster.

Crackin355 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
I LOVE games like this, companies take all their existing properties and put them into one big crossover. It's brilliant, really, especially when they include the more obscure stuff.

I love things like that as well, but the game itself does have to be good, otherwise it's just a disaster.
That's true... Like Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion. I WANT to love that game to bits, but there are just too many glaring problems going against it.

Luckily, though, this game is good enough, and hopefully popular enough, to warrant more time, attention, and devotion.

Crackin355 said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Agreed, but if this game does have one thing beyond it does with its expectations, it's the fun factor.

Great single player mode, a nice amount of characters, level up system, mod system, great tracks, great ost, and just so much to do really. It also looks really nice too, especially on some tracks with sudden occurrences. Rogue landing really comes to mind here, as it has a variety of environments and then you get to see flying ship battles, the explosions, its just... makes me awe that a racing game could accomplish such a feat.

They obviously put a lot of effort into this game and done well with it. It really shows.

I just looked up what stages there are. I'm glad they decided not do the thing they did last time, where they make 2 tracks in the same area. Each track didn't feel as unique as they should have, so that's something I'm looking forward to.

Also, I think the DLC character thing that was mentioned is what finally sold me on this game. I was impressed with what I saw but I don't really have too much money to spend, but I love it when the creators/designers/people listen to the fans when it comes to DLC characters.

Back