Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Confirmed to be in development, for the 3DS, Wii U, and possibly others:

http://wiiublog.com/blog/2012/2/13/confirmed-sega-all-star-racing-2-is-in-development.html

http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your-engines-for-sonic--sega-all+stars-racing-sequel

I've... actually never played the first game, but it's on my to-do list of games I want to try out.

Either way, I like the SEGA Superstars/SEGA All-Star franchise, because it lets SEGA dabble in their own franchises that AREN'T Sonic the Hedgehog. Most of them are pretty old, like, Sega Master System old (that's NES level, BTW), and I like that. I like seeing old, obscure franchises being revived/remembered.

It's cool to see Alex Kidd again, since he was SEGA's original mascot before Sonic, and I think the Bonanza Bros. are pretty cool. And of course, there's Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue. I think they can go further with this new installment.

Like, how about Jiro Musashi from the latest Shinobi game for the Nintendo 3DS? Or Nigel the treasure-hunter from Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole? Or Alex Stone from Streets of Rage? SO many possible characters!

So... Yeah, commence speculation.

Re: SEGA All-Star Racing 2

Ristar! Ristar!

Who do we want?
Ristar!
When do you we want him?
When the game comes out!

You know that they actually considered Mario for the Wii version of Sega All Stars Racing?

They need to consider that again. I think their decision about keeping Mario and Sonic only in the Olympics is just plain stupid.

Baby Luigi said:
You know that they actually considered Mario for the Wii version of Sega All Stars Racing?

They need to consider that again. I think their decision about keeping Mario and Sonic only in the Olympics is just plain stupid.

Seriously. The two have such a history together as rivals that there is a lot of potential for games involving both of them.

The Xbox version of the last game in the series was the last appearance of Banjo-Kazooie. I'm thinking the next could be...
Master Cheif! No, just kidding.

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:

Seriously. The two have such a history together as rivals that there is a lot of potential for games involving both of them.
Yeah, it's weird, especially considering that Banjo-Kazooie got to appear in the 360 version, that Nintendo or Sony didn't include any special characters for their version...

The Mii doesn't count, because the 360 version also included player avatars.

But, yeah, Mario and Sonic in a REAL adventure game would be nice. The fact that Sonic Generations exists, and it hast 2 seperate play styles, makes it possible to have Sonic's fast-paced play style with Mario's jumping/platforming play style.

This is indeed great news! I always liked Sonic & Sega All Star Racing, and the news of a sequel is quite inevitable and intriguing! :D

It would be nice to see Mario in this (especially with his standard kart from the Mario Kart series); however, I think Sega said that Mario's lack of inclusion was due to possible overexposure with Sonic as a result of the Mario & Sonic games. That's probably why we got the Miis instead. :(

Rista- damnit Magikrazy.

Hmm... Maybe some Gunstar Heroes or Golden Axe characters? Or maybe Vectorman?

Awesome, I loved the first game. I'm definitely getting the sequel.

Me and my Brother loved the first game. I hoping for a wider selection of tracks this time round.

The first game was all right. I played as Samba de Amigo in the first game so I hope he gets in.

Segata. Freaking. Sanshiro.

If it comes out for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, it had better be way better than the first one rather than being a terrible version of the DS version.

I think Mario should be included in the Nintendo version just as Banjo and Kazooie were in the 360 version.

Banjo and Kazooie should be in the Microsoft version.

ToeJam and Earl maybe?

Re: SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed

Teaser/debut trailer time! :D

Let's see what we've got so far...

So the racecar can transform into a boat and jet? That will certainly shut up the "why does Sonic ride in a car when he can run faster" nay-sayers.

Oh dammit, I can't make out the other racers! Someone, help me out there!

OH OH, there's Robotnik and Tails! Also, I think I saw Amy and Knuckles before that...

And there's a guy with red hair and headphones and a taxi driver... Sorry, I don't recognize them. :(

STILL hoping Ristar's and Toejam & Earl are going to be in this game!

Also, an interview:

Just found this out:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/sonic_and_all_stars_racing_transformed_hits_3ds

Vyse from Skies of Arcadia is going to be in this game. HELL! FREAKING! YES!

Also, Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, and a Panzer Dragoon race course.

Epic! Wow,it reminds me of Diddy Kong Racing, which is pretty much awesome considering that it used so many new features for racing games. I loved the first one anyways, so I was going to buy this one before I even saw the trailer! It does remind me a bit of Mario Kart 7's gliders and propellors; but it's completely original due to actually traversing atop water and through skies with all-new adjusted physics while 7 mainly had tilting and slight handicaps. However, if there is a character that needs to get in, I think we could all agree it should be:

vectormanASR.jpg

(And Mario would just be awesome, like some people have stated above. I really don't understand why they're so hesitant towards it.)

From what I've gathered, Mario was not included, because Nintendo agreed with Sega to limit the Mario & Sonic crossovers to the Olympics.

MnSG said:
From what I've gathered, Mario was not included, because Nintendo agreed with Sega to limit the Mario & Sonic crossovers to the Olympics.
...That just makes the decision even more dumb. It seems like they didn't like the idea of Mario spreading there in order to promote more people (money) to buy M&S since they actually helped in marketing it.

Professor Mario said:
MnSG said:
...That just makes the decision even more dumb. It seems like they didn't like the idea of Mario spreading there in order to promote more people (money) to buy M&S since they actually helped in marketing it.

Besides, don't expect a Mario/Sonic platformer any time soon >.<'

Back