Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
@Smahgoom: If you mean the incorrect voice acting, that was fixed in the console version.
Partly. They didn't didn't get all the original voice actors. But the game still had a lot of bugs and gameplay issues.

Something that disappoints me just a little is that the all-star moves are completely lackluster from what I've seen. They're just added effects while in the air form with some sort of item floating around them or being thrown.

Luckily All-Star moves are the thing I saw the least of in the first game, since they never appear and first place, hopefully this game keeps them at the back of the race.

It's not that big of a deal, but its definitely a huge step-down from the All-star moves in the first game. Those ones were all unique in their own way.

The All-Star stat merely states how effective the character's All-Star move is. It doesn't exactly guarantee that it'll give you a major comeback, as you also need good driving skills as well.

I guess what I'm saying is that the All-Star stat can be deceptive if you don't know how to utilize the All-Star move properly.

It's not exactly a reliable stat anyway since it doesn't occur really often either, it's nice, but don't expect it every race.

MnSG said:
I guess what I'm saying is that the All-Star stat can be deceptive if you don't know how to utilize the All-Star move properly.

That had nothing to do with what I said so I'll just assume it wasn't a reply to what I said and a statement you decided to say out of the blue.

I don't use All-Star moves anyway since if they're used right, they're only going to appear at the back of the race.

Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

That had nothing to do with what I said so I'll just assume it wasn't a reply to what I said and a statement you decided to say out of the blue.

I don't use All-Star moves anyway since if they're used right, they're only going to appear at the back of the race.

Uh not in transformed, I've gotten them in 5th,4th, and even 3rd.

I want Transformed if I get Wii U, the game looks even better than Mario Kart.

Anyway I have got a all star move in 3rd I think in the first game.

Not in 2nd or 1st though.

Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

Really? great. Is there no option to turn them off?

Crackin355 said:
Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

haven't looked. They're not stupidly broken though so there isn't really a need to do so.

Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

haven't looked. They're not stupidly broken though so there isn't really a need to do so.

I just hope I don't have to get them. I got it once in the first game, and it ended up fucking me over since it was a really sharp turn.

Crackin355 said:
Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
Samus Aran said:
Crackin355 said:
MnSG said:

I just hope I don't have to get them. I got it once in the first game, and it ended up *bleep*ing me over since it was a really sharp turn.

You don't have to worry about that as your handling becomes amazing in all-star mode.

Okay, so apparently the Wii U version has a day 1 patch that fucks up some of the game things.

Is there anyway to not have this patch go into effect to avoid it?

Crackin355 said:
Okay, so apparently the Wii U version has a day 1 patch that *bleep*s up some of the game things.

Is there anyway to not have this patch go into effect to avoid it?
Really? Because I heard that a patch/update actually FIXES an otherwise unbeatable part of the the game.

...Also, a characters been approved by SEGA for DLC:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/new-dlc-characters-coming-to-asrt/#more-28164

Okay, so the game came today, I've done half of Sunshine Tour.

At first I was a bit iffy, especially since the boat was so floaty and hard to control, but I've gotten used to it. Drifting on anything but land is asking for trouble though. It's fucking hard to do A-Class missions, but I did feel satisfied when I barely won after my 5th try on the afterburner stage.

I'll probably like it more as I get used to the controls.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, I just needed to get used to the controls, the game is pretty amazing. How many levels does a character go up?

Also, I found out that the Patch for the boost challenge glitch was fixed two weeks after release, so I didn't have to worry when updating. I Finished Dragon Cup (A-Class, Second Place) & Sunshine Tour (24/24 Stars) after a few hours. It's going to take me quite a while to finish this game.

And about the DLC thing, I'd be happy with any of the characters that had over 1,000 voted in the poll they did.

Character levels go like this:

1-2-3-4-5-*

With each level, you unlock a mod for that character, though there are also mods for specific characters the more you complete the World Tour.

...FYI, STILL hoping for Vectorman most of all!

I've Completed Sonic (That includes the Console Mod), now I'm Level 4 with Tails. I doubt I'll ever fully level up each character, but I'll get a good chunk done.

So far I've completed Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Ralph, Vyse, and I THINK Alex Kidd... Still working on everyone else, in particular Knuckles and Joe Musashi.

Did you notice any glitches with Alex Kidd? When he's the COM on Race Events he will stop after about one lap, and after a minute he'll start going again. It's weird.

Never really noticed, since he was a pretty rare encounter, especially since I have most of the characters now.

Crackin355 said:
Did you notice any glitches with Alex Kidd? When he's the COM on Race Events he will stop after about one lap, and after a minute he'll start going again. It's weird.
Alex Kidd has crappy A.I. when you're racing against him, but he's otherwise a decent racer in-and-of-himself.

Back