Next Mario Baseball roster

Dorayaki said:
Magikrazy said:
It's probably likely that the Kremlings will be replaced by Tikis.
Opinions?
We know that Return totally asks for simplification and just don't let other main characters appear.
Tikis are just doing simple evil things and we have to solve them, not a rival role like Bowser or King K.Rool .
If the other characters would return in the next main game, Tikis won't be necessary.

Anyway, don't go far from the topic.
I wasn't going off-topic. I was talking about the roster when I said that.

Just don't talk about a somewhat related subject off-topic.

I think Baby Wario should be in the next roster so we have another Wario to kill. :wario:

La Marionette said:
Just don't talk about a somewhat related subject off-topic.

I think Baby Wario should be in the next roster so we have another Wario to kill. :wario:

So why aren't you satisfied with Baby Donkey Kong in the Sluggers roster?

Baby Donkey Kong doesn't sound like a barfing Scooby-Doo.

MnSG said:
After Mario Kart 7, I did make some alternations to my baseball roster input, for balancing matters...

Rosalina Galaxies

Rosalina (captain)
Luma
Red Luma
Blue Luma
Green Luma
Polari
Penguin
Coach
Bee Guard
Queen Bee
Whittle

Replace Penguin with The Chimp, Coach with Lubba and Bee Guard with Gearmo and it's fine. Penguin, Coach and Bee Guard are too obscure.

Rosalina (captain)
Lubba (sub-captain)
Queen Bee
Gearmo
Polari
Beige Luma
Orange Luma
Blue Luma
Red Luma
Green Luma
Yellow Luma

@FMGBASKFH: Seeing as this is Baseball we're talking about, any Mario generic can be considered, regardless of its obscurity. But there's also balancing matters, such as the fact that my roster input has 11 characters per team. The only problem is that not all teams have assistant captains.

Penguins should be playable for once! I would definitely put it in my team

That... is a really solid roster (the very first one). I'd love to see more characters, but when it comes to organizing them into teams, that takes a little more time for me to think it out...

I like the idea of Birdo being her own captain, and having Super Mario Bros. 2 characters being part of its team.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
What makes you think the Tikis will replace the Kremlings? Why can't we integrate both?

I didn't say anything about replacing the Kremling Krew. I'm merely saying that the Tiki Tak Tribe may still appear, even if the Kremling Krew returns.

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat is also not using Kremlings. DKC Returns is same purpose.

Baby Luigi said:
Hosnestly despite priority of adding main characters, I wonder if Penguins or Bees are major or "original" species in Mario series, due to that they are redesign of realistic species.

Smashgoom202 said:
I like the idea of Birdo being her own captain, and having Super Mario Bros. 2 characters being part of its team.
There are no other relevant characters with Birdo nowaday, so she's in Yoshi's team since they're partners. SMB2 is only a historical term unless some species or bosses are reintroduced in NSMBWiiU.

A better way to make teams is according to real groups that used in the story, but it makes at least four captains (Mario bros and princesses) together in team Mushroom.

Dorayaki said:
Baby Luigi said:
Hosnestly despite priority of adding main characters, I wonder if Penguins or Bees are major or "original" species in Mario series, due to that they are redesign of realistic species.

Penguins are pretty major. I think they appeared in every 3D Super Mario game in one form or another (I'm not so sure about Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario 3D Land)

Dorayaki said:

Well, Koopa Troopas are redesigns of realistic species. Also, Penguins are major enough; they might work, but I don't see it happening. :(

La Marionette said:
Well, Koopa Troopas are redesigns of realistic species. Also, Penguins are major enough; they might work, but I don't see it happening. :(
Turtles seem like the most historical elements in Mario world, so maybe it's just fans who get used of them. Most other species are original to me. If it's DK Returns, many animals there are just directly redesign of real species.
Another fact is that those species who are in Bowser's Troop (as foes) are more major or common for fans, while those NPC species are not. (toads are exception)

By the way, I wonder if you're telling about Bumpties, not the "common" penguins who appera in 3D games and Kart.
Bumpties would be somewhat more original.

So why is it always the enemy characters who get playable roles? Why not the friendly NPCs for once, such as Piantas?

Besides, Piantas aren't the "classic" (insert mocking tone) Mario enemies. :mad:

Baby Luigi said:
So why is it always the enemy characters who get playable roles? Why not the friendly NPCs for once, such as Piantas?
I personally think Piantas and Nokis are somewhat original and classic in Sunshine, while those NPCs in Galaxy seem not made for further needs. Honey Queen in Kart 7 may be due to that herself is a good heavy racer, not for other common bees.

MnSG said:
Probably because not all generic enemies are evil.
Accroding to Paper, there is no evil species (some idividuals of a tribe can choose to join troops or stay in their peaceful life), we could probably see all species be both NPCs or foes.

DK characters for Mario series classification levels
Normal: DK, Diddy
Additional Group A: Dixie, Kritter
Additional Group B: Funky, Tiny, K. Rool
Additional Group C: Cranky, Candy, Lanky, Other Kremlings
Additional Group D: Chunky, Wrinkly
Additional Group E: Kiddy, Swanky
Note: MSS has access on Group B, Next Baseball of 3rd has will access on Group C and D.

Babies for Baseball classification levels
Group A: Mario, Luigi
Group B: Peach, Daisy, DK
Group C: Wario, Waluigi
Group D: Rosalina
Note: MSS has access on Group B, Next has will access on Group C.

Limited number for DK characters
Golf: 2
Kart: 4(Kong, Paon has mainly used playable four Kongs)+2(Kremling, King K. Rool and Kritter)
Tennis: 2
Baseball: Almost
Football: 2(Kong, DK and Diddy)+?(Kremling)
Party: 2(Main NPCs)+?(Host or Shopkeeper, Like as Cranky Kong)
Itadaki: 2
Olympic: 2
Other sports: 2(Normal), 4(Another number)

For football, I think DK, Diddy, and the Kritter goalie are enough.

And for the babies, there is no Baby Waluigi or a Baby Rosalina, nor do I want one.

I rather wish to see the lack of the captain and teammate system in a newer Mario Baseball game. It really disappointed me to see how the Captains were given the "special treatment" with special moves and more focus; yet, the sidekicks were just left aside.

Seeing Toad and Toadette as team members and not captains still bothers me to this very day. :mad:

Propeller Toad said:
I rather wish to see the lack of the captain and teammate system in a newer Mario Baseball game. It really disappointed me to see how the Captains were given the "special treatment" with special moves and more focus; yet, the sidekicks were just left aside.

Seeing Toad and Toadette as team members and not captains still bothers me to this very day. :mad:
Well, without the Toads and Toadette, Peach's team wouldn't be complete (Peach, Daisy, and Toadsworth do not make a full team).

Propeller Toad said:

Hey, look on the bright side; Toad's one of the best batters in the game, having him charge his bat is an almost-guaranteed home run.

I still agree with Propeller Toad on the whole captain thing and all the attention they receive. I mean, it's the team players that make or break the game, not the captains.

Character Orders
Group A: Mario, Peach, Yoshi, Wario, Luigi, Toad, Donkey Kong, Bowser
Group B: Waluigi, Daisy, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Boo
Group C: Birdo, Baby Mario, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Dry Bones, Koopa Paratroopa
Group D: Toadette, King Boo, Wiggler, Petey Piranha, Baby Luigi, Hammer Bro., Magikoopa, Monty Mole
Group E: Dixie Kong, Kritter, Toadsworth, Rosalina, Pianta, Noki
Group F: Funky Kong, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby DK, Tiny Kong, King K. Rool, Blooper, Dry Bowser
Group G: Cranky Kong, Candy Kong, Lanky Kong, Baby Wario, 7 Koopalings, Other Kremlings
Suspension: Queen Bee

Back