Playable 3rd Party Characters

Smashgoom202 said:
Professor Mario said:
supermariofan said:
I think Simon is the character that might make it in because he's main character of the damn franchise
But not in the reboot. Gabriel Belmont/Dracula is. Besides, he was only the main character of a few games, not the whole series. it's rotated among different Belmonts.
...dafuq? That's almost exactly what I said! :eek:
Yeah, you kind of ninja'd me a split second before I posted. XD

Professor Mario said:
Please, can we just let this end? I'll admit, I'm sorry for claiming you were forcing your opinion. However, you are accusing me of insulting and I haven't done that at all. I was merely stating that I feel you're acting as if its a bad thing and accusing third-parties of being all bad and stuff. If I got the wrong impression, I am sorry. I feel that I over-exaggerated when I said that they were essential to Smash Bros. However, I just feel you're basically, well, spreading your dislike towards them out of just your opinion, but fact. You keep on talking about how insignificant they are, when they do make the fans happy. But you know what, I will take you up to that offer to agree to disagree. But please, don't go labeling me as a child or saying curses at me like in your first post, because I personally find that immature and you're just outright insulting me instead of sticking to the argument. I'll apologize on my behalf for accusing you of being intolerant and rude, but I would appreciate you admitting it got out of hand with lowering my morale putting me on a lower level as you as well.

Also, this did get out of topic. Our argument delayed any ideas going forward, and instead just kept filling up the pages. That's mainly why I want to stop. And please, arguing over private messages is the last thing I want to do because despite how it looks, I don't like arguments in general.
Yes, I'm happy to call a truce, although 'relieved' would be a better word. Christ, I didn't expect a simple two line post would cause so much trouble. I apologise for any offence caused.

Speaking of Dracula, here's a curveball, how about Soma Cruz? He's Dracula reincarnated yet is major playable character in the franchise. (obviously I'm speaking hypothetically of course since I don't want third-parties, but I've already been killed more times than Dracula for saying that so leave me alone).

That's okay, all that matters is that it's over. I really shouldn't have gotten so obsessed with a two line post anyway.

Anyways, Soma would be cool. However, I would personally prefer a Belmont, or Alucard for that matter. But I'd still be fine with Soma anyways.

(lol, you don't have to talk about third-parties if you don't want to. It's fine, I can respect your opinion, well, now anyways.)

If there's anyone from Castlevania, it has to be Simon. When I think Castlevania, I think of him, Not all these new ones that have little to do with the original classic.

Broly said:
If there's anyone from Castlevania, it has to be Simon. When I think Castlevania, I think of him, Not all these new ones that have little to do with the original classic.
Yeah, you're right. Simon would be the best. Still, they have little to do with the original Castlevania saga because it's a reboot, that's what it's supposed to do. I would preferably have him based on the Mirror of Fate design though.
simon-01.jpg

Also, a Castlevania stage (I mean the actual castle) would be epic. If I had to pick an Assist Trophy though, it would be Alucard.

To be honest, it wouldn't feel right to have someone who's always been played as an FPVS in a 2.5D envioronment

RandomGuy said:
To be honest, it wouldn't feel right to have someone who's always been played as an FPVS in a 2.5D envioronment
Why is that?

BTW we're not gonna have a trailer or some sort of clip at the E3 but I hope they at least mention it to us

I think Ryu Hayabusa might be in since Team Ninja had a little help with Metroid Other M and there's going to be a Ninja Gaiden game for wii U

Gogeta said:
I've narrowed it down to four third party guys. I won't like more than four

*Sonic
*Snake
*Megaman
*Simon Belmont
Just so you know two of those characters that you mentioned are in Brawl in case you haven't heard

supermariofan said:
Gogeta said:

*Sonic
*Snake
*Megaman
*Simon Belmont
Just so you know two of those characters that you mentioned are in Brawl in case you haven't heard
Where did he say otherwise?

Gogeta said:

*Sonic
*Snake
*Megaman
*Simon Belmont
Sounds about right, although my list would have Geno instead of Simon Belmont

Gogeta said:

*Sonic
*Snake
*Megaman
*Simon Belmont
Personally, I love it, but also dislike it. I don't want Konami having two of their franchises in and having one possible company get excluded. I say that Snake should get replaced with a Square character, like Crono or Neku, since unlike Castlevania, MGS only has ports of its games to Nintendo after MG.

supermariofan said:
I think Travis Touchdown might be in considering how the designer of No More Heroes is a fan of Smash Bros
That doesn't automatically qualify a character for SSB

Back