Playable 3rd Party Characters

Does Dragon Quest count as a non-Nintendo series?

MikeyO11 said:

Yes

Magikrazy said:
MikeyO11 said:
If it's not made by Nintendo, then yes.

If it is, then no.

It's made by Square Enix, so the answer is no

Well, if you scroll to the bottom of the Super Mario Wiki homepage, you will see that NIWA has a Dragon Quest Wiki. That's what threw me off.

MikeyO11 said:
Well, if you scroll to the bottom of the Super Mario Wiki homepage, you will see that NIWA has a Dragon Quest Wiki. That's what threw me off.

These guys are weird sometimes.

Another thing on Mickey, Wreck-it Ralph is full of game characters, some Nintendo ones as well, also there's an upcoming Pac-Man show on Disney XD and Pac-Man is owned by Namco and Namco is working on Smash Bros right now. So I figure Disney owes Nintendo

supermariofan said:
Another thing on Mickey, Wreck-it Ralph is full of game characters, some Nintendo ones as well, also there's an upcoming Pac-Man show on Disney XD and Pac-Man is owned by Namco and Namco is working on Smash Bros right now. So I figure Disney owes Nintendo

disney

doesn't own nintendo

because NAMCO isn't owned by nintendo

supermariofan said:

Wreck-It Ralph is completely irrelevant to Smash Bros other then a few characters that were playable in the games make cameos (Bowser, Sonic, Link, etc.)

And yeah a Pac-Man show that happens to be going on a Disney channel in no way helps Mickey. By that same logic if it was on Cartoon Network, Finn and Jake from Adventure Time would have a chance. Or if it went on Nickelodeon, Spongebob would have a chance. Or if it went on the HUB any of the Main 6 from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would have a chance. And of course none of them do. You could argue that Mickey has an actual recent Video Game (Regardless it doesn't change the fact that Mickey originated as a cartoon character) and makes him more relevant to Smash Bros. then any of them and that's all true. But I'm simply using them as a point that "Namco made Pac-Man -> A Pac-Man show is airing on a Disney related channel -> Disney made Mickey -> Namco is helping with SSB4 -> Therefore Mickey has a chance" is not true.

supermariofan said:
Well it's the least Disney could do for Nintendo since that movie has got some of their characters

Unless there's some crossover game that happens between Mickey and Mario it just won't happen. Mario and Sonic had the Olympic Games come out shortly before Brawl did. Which could of have been a big clue that both companies had an agreement. A cameo in a movie is not the same thing as a fully-fledged Crossover game. And is certainly not equal measure.

Stone Cold Steve Austin said:
supermariofan said:

disney

doesn't own nintendo

because NAMCO isn't owned by nintendo
I said Disney OWES Nintendo

What? No, not really they do not owe. Completely horrible logic. Epic Mickey is never gonna make it. He is not a video game character, and should stay to cartoons. Besides, he'd be a horrible edition over someone like Mega Man, Pac Man, or you know, better.

New Super Mario said:

*addition, not edition,

additon means putting something new in
editioin means you change something

and supermariofan, please stop your desires of Mickey Mouse being in Super Smash Bros.

Being a TMNT addict, I've realized they'll never be in Super Smash Bros.

Don Pianta said:
New Super Mario said:

*addition, not edition,

additon means putting something new in
editioin means you change something

and supermariofan, please stop your desires of Mickey Mouse being in Super Smash Bros.

Being a TMNT addict, I've realized they'll never be in Super Smash Bros.
Oh sorry, a typo ;D

Yeah I'm a huge Adventure Time fan. And I am not wishing Lumpy Space Princess to be the next 3rd party rep. HEY WAIT THEY HAD A VIDEO GAME TOO YOU KNOW!

*facepalm* I just noticed that I made a typo of my own in my previous post.

Hey, I just came up with the best roster ever!

1. Mario
2. Sonic
3. Mega Man
4. Mickey Mouse
5. Michelangelo
6. Spongebob
7. Phineas
8. Finn
9. a toucan
10. Rainbow Dash

Ain't that the most awesome roster you've ever seen?!

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Don Pianta said:
What?

And yes, that's the best roster ever by smf's standards because they've all been in a video game.

Magikrazy said:
Don Pianta said:
What?

And yes, that's the best roster ever by smf's standards because they've all been in a video game.
*sigh* I did not say he should be in because he had other games I wanted him in because Epic Mickey was one of the best selling Wii games, had a neat looking design of Mickey, a dark story, many people want that version, Wreck it Ralph is full of game characters, and there's an upcoming Pac-Man show on Disney XD, plus I heard he's one of the possible 3rd party canidates along with Travis, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Ryu Hayabusa

Mickey's still not going to be in Super Smash Bros. because he made his debut as a cartoon character.

In order to be considered a video game character, he would have to come from a video game, not just be playable in a video game.

supermariofan said:
*sigh* I did not say he should be in because he had other games I wanted him in because
Epic Mickey was one of the best selling Wii games
So was Michael Jackson: The Experience, but that doesn't mean Michael Jackson should be playable.
had a neat looking design of Mickey, a dark story
What does that have to do with getting in Smash Bros.
many people want that version
I think you're only one here who wants him.
Wreck it Ralph is full of game characters, and there's an upcoming Pac-Man show on Disney XD
See my response to neat design and dark story.
plus I heard he's one of the possible 3rd party canidates along with Travis, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Ryu Hayabusa
Where did you hear all this? I'd like to see.

No Magikrazy I am not the only one who wants him in there are some Youtube videos about him, plus I saw some comments on some Youtube videos that he's possible from a long time ago so I don't know if I'll be able to link it

supermariofan said:
No Magikrazy I am not the only one who wants him in there are some Youtube videos about him, plus I saw some comments on some Youtube videos that he's possible from a long time ago so I don't know if I'll be able to link it

>Youtube comments reliable source

yeah, no

Back