Playable 3rd Party Characters

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
and what about Dirk from Dragon's Lair?
What about him?
I thought he'd be a neat character to play as also it would be neat if Don Bluth had a little help with Smash Bros
Well I don't know about this game, but was it ever on a Nintendo console?
Well the SNES version is better than the NES version I heard watch AVGN's review it's funny

smf, let me ask you this, because I've been meaning to for quite some time.

What (in your opinion) does a character require to qualify for Smash Bros?

Magikrazy said:

Has to have awesome attacks and has be from a nintendo game that has been well received (such as the Mario series, Epic Mickey, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, etc.)

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:

Has to have awesome attacks and has be from a nintendo game that has been well received (such as the Mario series, Epic Mickey, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Sonic, etc.)
Wrong Captain Oilmar had only one attack and that was punching and he never had the ability to use pikmin as ropes, Captain Falcon had zero attacks in his games, R.O.B had zero attacks as well.

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:

That is a terrible ideal. First of all, Castlevania and Epic Mickey are the only series that kept being licensed for a Nintendo console. Second of all, most characters don't have multiple attacks and weapons, (sora only has one keyblade, mickey has a paintbrush, etc.) Third of all, three series you named aren't even published by Nintendo

Well, yeah, but between Metal Gear and Castlevania, Konami would probably choose the former.
Also by smf's logic, James Bond should be in SSB because it's been well recieved on a Nintendo platform and he has a gun.

RandomGuy said:
Well, yeah, but between Metal Gear and Castlevania, Konami would probably choose the former.
Also by smf's logic, James Bond should be in SSB because it's been well recieved on a Nintendo platform and he has a gun.
Well hopefully it's Sean Connery Bond

supermariofan said:
RandomGuy said:
Well hopefully it's Sean Connery Bond
That's what your mother wanted too!

Being serious, also going by smf's logic, since people liked Fester's Quest, and he has a weapon, Fester Addams should be playable.

What, you were expecting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

You know, if there is a Square Enix third-paty character, why not Crono from Chrono Trigger?

On a side note, I just love the music in this game. I would LOVE a remix of Passage of Time!

Please, Magus FTW

Anyways, my list for third-parties is:
Sonic
Mega Man
Rayman
Crono
Snake or Simon Belmont
Pac Man
Bomberman

I mainly just want (And only expect) the first two, but I'd be fine with any of the others to comply as well.

Hey guys, if you were to choose which Mega Man series were to get represented in SSB4, which would it be? I would like Classic Mega Man or Mega Man X. (Preferably X, but I think classic has more going for it)

Professor Mario said:
Hey guys, if you were to choose which Mega Man series were to get represented in SSB4, which would it be? I would like Classic Mega Man or Mega Man X. (Preferably X, but I think classic has more going for it)
X is fine

Professor Mario said:
I'd prefer Classic Mega Man, since, you know, he practically dominated the NES back in the day.

Zero or Proto Man.

Jeff said:
If we get more playable Mega Man characters, who else should make the cut?
I would prefer, much like Sonic, that only one third party character gets a representation per series.

Back