Playable 3rd Party Characters

Alternate costumes would be kind of pointless since they're all blue.

Playable as seperate characters was really just a thought. (I guess I should've made this post in the Far-Fetched suggesstion huh?)

Rainbow Dash said:
No naruto and goku please.
especially naruto and goku.
did you see reply #11?

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Or Kingdom Hea-*gets shot* (I'd still love it if Sora was in SSB. No, I'm not someone who would think it would be good to mix Disney with Smash Bros, I mean just Sora.)
it would relate to Disn-*gets shot* and it would affect the all structure
if that Sora isn't as representive as Mick-*gets shot* or even Stitch
for SE company it's more reasonable for DQ or FF character playable as Mario's cooperation

Buster Baxter said:
Weird thought I had this morning; What if every version of Mega Man was playable? (Classic, X, Legends, Battle Network, Star Force)
Considering that the last one is almost a completely different character from all the others. Legends Mega Man is pretty different, too. MegaMan.EXE from Battle Network is PRETTY similar to Mega Man, in that he uses battle chips to gain his powers. And Mega Man X is basically a more powerful version of Mega Man, so yeah...

You've been bumping quite a lot lately, haven't you?
Anyway, I'll criticize your ideas.

supermariofan said:
hopefully:
Simon Belmont yes
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey version) NO!
Ryu Meh. I'd like to see Mega Man before him.
Ryu Hayabusa ehhhhh, perhaps I guess.
Pacman I can't really see this, but it would be kinda nice.
Bomberman I can't really see this, but it would be kinda nice.
Geno nah. Pretty overrated IMO.
Mega Man YES YES YES YES YES!
Layton I know Lily would love this, but I'm indifferent.

supermariofan said:
hopefully:
Simon Belmont sure
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey version) No
Ryu meh
Ryu Hayabusa meh
Pacman unlikely, but sure
Bomberman ^
Geno overrated IMO
Mega Man Yes
Layton nah

what's so overrated about Geno? before the announcement at last year's E3 people were hoping he makes it in but now they're calling him overrated? why?

He was overrated even before then. For some mystic reason, he has a whole cult following only due to one game. I mean, I love him as much as the next guy, but I personally think anyone but him should be in it. Also, by that logic, any Mario RPG partner is fair game and I don't see any of them as major enough characters to fit in. There were even THREATS sent to Sakurai because he didn't make it in. Trust me, the whole situation can just be summed up as ridiculous.

I'd also like to add one more character to the ones already stated:
rayman-2.jpg

He's had a bit of fan hype for SSB as well and has pretty good games. Not to mention his power-set is just PERFECT for a fighter like this. Don't get me wrong, I can live without Rayman in exchange for Mega Man, but I'd put him in the category of unlikely, but sure.

Geno isn't even a 3rd party character -_-'

Baby Luigi said:
Geno isn't even a 3rd party character -_-'
Well, he's owned by Square, but featured in Mario game (2 if you count Superstar Saga's cameo). So...
Let's just say Lubba, Tingle, and Eusine have higher chances of getting playable spots in Smash Bros. than Geno.

Magikrazy said:
What mkes Geno any specialer than Mallow, anyways (I always liked Mallow better)?
I think it's the coolness factor, a living puppet that has rocket arms, guns, lasers, etc., AND he has one of the most powerful attacks in the game.

Smashgoom202 said:
Magikrazy said:
What mkes Geno any specialer than Mallow, anyways (I always liked Mallow better)?
I think it's the coolness factor, a living puppet that has rocket arms, guns, lasers, etc., AND he has one of the most powerful attacks in the game.
I still fail to see how so many people could excuse Geno essentially being a character originating in a Mario spin-off, not appearing over a decade, sharing the role of being one of many Mario RPG partners, appearing in only 1/2 games, and not appearing in around a decade simply because of those reasons. It's plain blasphemy in my opinion.

Geno is not getting in. It would be like Goombella getting in. If anything, Geno will be a trophy. Geno is just to minor. If anything from Square Enix is getting in, it's a Final Fantasy character.

Broly said:
Geno is not getting in. It would be like Goombella getting in. If anything, Geno will be a trophy. Geno is just to minor. If anything from Square Enix is getting in, it's a Final Fantasy character.
Or Kingdom Hearts...
But seriously, I agree. I have a feeling though that Square would rather, say, have Final Fantasy feature in Playstation All-Stars instead.

I definitely agree upon the factor of Geno being rather overrated. His popularity during the pre-Brawl days was always something I never understood especially when he's just one of many characters from the Mario RPG games (albeit, a major one, but that doesn't mean characters like Mallow who shared an equal role shouldn't be supported either). This is especially to add on to the fact that we still have major Mario characters still left for the count to being playable considering that they appear in many more games (and as a result are more important to the Mario series as a whole).

As far as third party characters go, I still see Megaman as a strong possibility (though the way Capcom has been treating him lately is something to consider). For Sonic characters, I only agree upon the inclusion of Tails as a playable character if one is really needed. He is Sonic's sidekick and definitely would be a unique addition to add. Dr. Eggman would be rather nice to see as a boss as well. However, this all depends on how much Sega content people are willing to see in SSB4. :P

Also people may hate me for saying this, but I still see Slime as a strong possibility considering the recent ties Square has been having with the DQ series and Nintendo. Of course, a Final Fantasy character over Slime is also a possibility (though DQ has more history with Nintendo as of now).

Professor Mario said:
Broly said:
Or Kingdom Hearts...
But seriously, I agree. I have a feeling though that Square would rather, say, have Final Fantasy feature in Playstation All-Stars instead.
How about a NES or SNES Final Fantasy character for Super Smash Bros. (I'd go with Black Mage myself) and PlayStation-era Final Fantasy character for PlayStation All-Stars (Cloud Strife, because really, that's THE character EVERYONE ones to see in Super Smash Bros., and let's face it, Final Fantasy VII was one of the THE main factors for why people bought a PlayStation, even if you think it's overrated).

I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Robotnik as a boss in the game. Especially if he's in his classic design. :P

Back