Playable 3rd Party Characters

supermariofan said:
If there adding another Sonic character I hope it's either Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, or Eggman

You've said this before. But don't forget about Tails ya know. Eggman would be better as a boss. Silver has absolutely no chance whatsoever. And while Shadow probably has more of a chance then Silver I don't think he's deserving enough. I don't think Sonic will get a 2nd character at all. But on the slim chance that they do. Tails or Knuckles should get the spot.

Shadow is pretty deserving IMO. he's popular and major enough. of course he's one of my favorite Sonic characters so.

agreeing about Tails, Silver, and Eggman, though.

Smasher said:
Shadow is pretty deserving IMO. he's popular and major enough. of course he's one of my favorite Sonic characters so.

Yeah of course you know I don't like Shadow that much. To the point that he's one of the few characters I'd actually be angry about if they got a playable spot in SSB4's roster.

If Sonic got a 2nd character, I'd rather it be Tails or Knuckles for the fact that they have more potential for their own movesets. While Shadow has potential to not be a total clone. He'd still pretty much be a Luigified Sonic.

On a side note I'd also rather see a character that's been around in the series since 1992/1993 then someone who came into the series in 2000/2001. Tails in particular is Sonic's iconic sidekick. I would much love to see Mario, Luigi, Sonic, and Tails together on one stage.

Though I still think again that Sonic will still be the only character representing and that's just fine with me.

Personally, I think Knuckles would be a better choice for the spot of a second Sonic character. I can think of a much wider moveset for Knuckles than I can for Tails (e.g. gliding, digging).

supermariofan said:
If there adding another Sonic character I hope it's either Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, or Eggman
smf, y u no like Tails?

Professor Mario said:
I still fail to see how so many people could excuse Geno essentially being a character originating in a Mario spin-off, not appearing over a decade, sharing the role of being one of many Mario RPG partners, appearing in only 1/2 games, and not appearing in around a decade simply because of those reasons. It's plain blasphemy in my opinion.
The same reason some people can excuse Poochy for appearing in only two Yoshi games in the 90's and never appearing again.

People like him.

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
smf, y u no like Tails?

Professor Mario said:
I still fail to see how so many people could excuse Geno essentially being a character originating in a Mario spin-off, not appearing over a decade, sharing the role of being one of many Mario RPG partners, appearing in only 1/2 games, and not appearing in around a decade simply because of those reasons. It's plain blasphemy in my opinion.
The same reason some people can excuse Poochy for appearing in only two Yoshi games in the 90's and never appearing again.

People like him.
To me Tails is such a wimp and his voice is annoying

supermariofan said:

Sorry but Tails is one of my favorite characters from the Sonic series. Though I suppose his voice was kinda horrible in Heroes. And I wasn't too much of a fan of his voice in the games where the 4kids voice actors did the voices. But I think it was decent in the Adventure series (More SA2 then SA1 though) and the voice in Colors and Generations isn't so bad either.

As for him being a wimp? He's piloted a plane straight to Eggman's Strongholds many times Including the Egg Carrier. He also went straight into a Military base in a rescue mission to help Sonic get out of Prison. In Sonic Adventure, he also saved Station Square from being blown up by Eggman (Even if the city kinda gets destroyed anyhow because of Perfect Chaos. But it's not like Tails would of been able to stop that)

In my honest opinion, Tails is much better and has more importance to the series then Shadow does.

That's like saying Krillin is more important than Vegeta

Yeah. Tales or Knuckles are most likely to be in if there are more Sonic characters

^I do like Vegeta more then Krillin. But Vegeta/Krillin and Shadow/Tails are different in enough ways that's it's not really saying the same thing.

Though I do like Vegeta more so then I do Shadow.

On the flip side I like Tails more then I do Krillin (Though I don't dislike Krillin at all)

But yeah I'm just expecting Sonic to be the sole character. And I'd be totally happy. Honestly as long as Sonic is a confirmed returning veteran. I'll be happy enough with the SSB4 roster as it is. There's really not too many newcomers that I want. I'd like to see Megaman fans happy though.

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
smf, y u no like Tails?

Professor Mario said:

People like him.
I take it you haven't played Colors or Generations, because he got a new voice actor.

Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
smf, y u no like Tails?

Professor Mario said:

People like him.
I take it you haven't played Colors or Generations, because he got a new voice actor.
Does he sound like a little kid?

Smashgoom202 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Dr. Robotnik as a boss in the game. Especially if he's in his classic design. :P
Nah... I like his Modern design much more. Besides, SEGA probably won't bring those designs back, or at least for years because trust me, they are hell-bent on current iterations of Sonic.

I also agree with your idea above, it'd be perfect! (I'd be fine with either Dark Mage or Ninja)

But if there should be an Eggman boss, it should be this:

Also, supermariofan, you judge:

supermariofan said:
Does he sound like a little kid?

He's kinda supposed to be a little kid. But in Colors and Generations he's voiced by Kate Higgins. A more professional voice actress. It's much better then the 4kids one. I don't quite like it as much as Corey Bringas yet. But it's a decent voice still.

I don't blame you if you think his voice is still what his voice was in Sonic Heroes... *shudder* Thank god they didn't keep that one.

supermariofan said:
Wow his voice does sound a lot better and what happened to Sonic's voice?

Sonic got a new voice actor as well. All the 4kids voice actors except for Eggman's (Because that was one of the few where it actually was pretty great) were replaced with new ones.

I'd like to see how Sonic's voice actor does Sonic in SSB4. Jason Griffith in Brawl didn't actually do too bad. Though most of his clips were grunts anyway. And while people find "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!" annoying. I like it because it's annoying. It's not a real taunt otherwise xD

Danny The Street said:
SPIDER-MAN
I do wish this would happen though, despite the complete negative chance it won't.

Anyways, I would personally love Tails being an additional character (As long as Mega Man comes first). Either that or another third-party. His moves could be:
B: Tail Swipe
Side B: Dummy Ring Bomb
Up B: Propellor Flight
Down B: Spin Dash
Final Smash: Gets in the Tornado and shoots everybody.

Of course, the Final Smash I proposed could easily just be an Assist Trophy if Tails does get a more minor role.

Professor Mario said:
Danny The Street said:
SPIDER-MAN
I do wish this would happen though, despite the complete negative chance it won't.

Anyways, I would personally love Tails being an additional character (As long as Mega Man comes first). Either that or another third-party. His moves could be:
B: Tail Swipe
Side B: Dummy Ring Bomb
Up B: Propellor Flight
Down B: Spin Dash
Final Smash: Gets in the Tornado and shoots everybody.

Of course, the Final Smash I proposed could easily just be an Assist Trophy if Tails does get a more minor role.

I'd switch out Dummy Ring Bomb with something from Sonic Battle. Even if there's not much chance that they'd base anything from that game even if it would be awesome (Though I think at least one of Sonic's Brawl animations was similar to something in Sonic Battle)

That's perfectly fine. I actually only put the Dummy Ring Bomb there because I couldn't think of something better. I'm perfectly content with everything else I listed though.

Back