Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

I know right? I was wondering when someone was going to mention that.

Anna said:
Frozen is definitely my Favorite Disney movie.

Wreck-it Ralph is still my favorite Disney movie

oops i accidentally included Wreck-It Ralph in that post, it's all edited out now

that's a disney movie, and a good one at that

disney, pixar, whatever they're basically the same thing.

And I think you guys are forgetting about The Lion King! Best Disney Movie, obviously.

Frozen is second though.

Um guys Mulan is the best disney movie ever followed by the Emperors new Groove

Okay, so I finally got around to seeing this.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDD.............

I thought it was pretty good.

But not awesome.

So, let's first go to the good parts of the movie, because that's what was most noticeable.

First: Elsa was awesome.

I realize that I'm a complete sucker for ice magic powers, and so I'm probably biased here, but I literally had to restrain myself from going ZOMG ICE POWERZ every time she started using them. They were beautiful! They were dangerous! They looked and felt cold, but also beautiful. It was unbelievable. Everything she did was great. Elsa should have been the star of the movie. But I'll get to that later.

Christof (Christoph? who cares) was the other highlight of the movie. He served as an excellent "what you're doing is stupid" counter to Anna. His wit was funny, and unlike most witty cynics in Disney movies, he wasn't a pushover. He actually did a bunch of heroic things. I was impressed, and kept waiting for Disney to make him a chump and force Anna to save him, which would then make him actually love her. But they didn't, which was awesome.

Olaf I'm mixed on. Half the time he was just downright stupid and half the time his stupidity actually made me laugh. And I personally despise the "stupid character who is actually smart" cliché, but whatever. I guess if you like him, that's fine.

...aaaaaand now we get to what I didn't like so much. None of this was awful, it just could have been done better in my opinion.

My main problem with the movie was Anna. Yes, I didn't like Anna. And she was the protagonist. Which bothered me the whole movie.

At first, when she kept making mistakes in the movie (laughable mistakes) I was thinking "lel noob" to myself. Because that's basically what she is. 90% of what happens in the movie is purely Anna's fault. I kept thinking "well, she'll improve on herself later" or "she'll grow up and become awesome". But nope, she spends the entire movie a weight. She doesn't ever actually convince Elsa to come back and melt the ice, despite the fact that that was her goal the entire time. Even though she was so persistent, all it earned her was the danger that Elsa warned her of. And Elsa didn't return because of Anna's belief in her, which is what I thought would happen. No, the only thing Anna did was sacrifice herself to save Elsa. And I don't really get how she could move so fast considering she was barely standing up earlier but eh, I'll let it slide just because that scene was so great.

Oh, and the villain was kinda obvious, because there was no way that pathetic old man was going to be the villain. So there was only one character left who could possibly be the villain, and that was Hans. And he's just so...thrown in. I feel like he was just added in at the last second. You don't really understand his backstory other than "i want power", and he doesn't really do much in the movie other than try to kill Elsa once. I feel like his betrayal would have been much more moving if he had actually had more time to grow close to Anna. Like, some sort of thing where she saves his life or something, only for him to betray her anyways? I don't know, I just don't feel like he filled his full potential.

The final thing I enjoyed about the movie was the whole true love thing, because despite being incredibly obvious (I don't think it's possible to mention true love without sounding ridiculous) and clearly set up for earlier in the movie (thank you, rock trolls, for mentioning this "freezing heart" thing that I'M SURE WILL DEFINITELY NOT HAPPEN LATER IN THE MOVIE), it was awesome to see Disney avoid the cliché ending of "Christof saves Anna with true love" and instead switches it for "true love doesn't just mean romance. it also means family". That was an excellent twist, and really helped show how it's in the end how the sisters care for each other so much.

So yeah, pretty good overall, but I feel like it could have been done better. Still, I'll give it 8.5/10 because ICE POWERS ZOMG. Also Christof/Christoph.
EDIT: Oh also I didn't really like Anna's songs that much, sue me. Except for Elsa's parts in Anna's songs. Also Let It Go was awesome.

I count Pixar with Disney. I seem them as the "better" Disney movies since they are so nice and everything.

But strictly disney-wise: Frozen, and then probs Mulan and Wreck-it Ralph.

Anna said:
I count Pixar with Disney. I seem them as the "better" Disney movies since they are so nice and everything.
Yeah, basically.

I'd probably rank Frozen as Disney's best... but that's only because I didn't really like Wreck-It Ralph that much and ZOMG ICE POWERZ.

But Up and WALL-E are still Disney's (Pixar, Disney, whatever) best.

...but I still think that DreamWorks has done better than Up with Kung Fu Panda and Shrek 2.

Thrawn said:
[...]
it was awesome to see Disney avoid the cliché ending of "Christof saves Anna with true love" and instead switches it for "true love doesn't just mean romance. it also means family". That was an excellent twist, and really helped show how it's in the end how the sisters care for each other so much.

I'm seeing that a lot of people are praising this in their Frozen reviews, and I couldn't agree more. It's seriously something to see Disney do away with the overused "true love's kiss" in this movie. And when the kiss finally does happen, it's rather downplayed on top of it all.

MCS said:
Thrawn said:
[spoilers]

I'm seeing that a lot of people are praising this in their Frozen reviews, and I couldn't agree more. It's seriously something to see Disney do away with the overused "true love's kiss" in this movie. And when the kiss finally does happen, it's rather downplayed on top of it all.

You know...you could have put that in spoilers so that people are spoiled by ONE OF THE BIGGEST SCENES IN THE MOVIE!

MCS said:
Thrawn said:
[...]
it was awesome to see Disney avoid the cliché ending of "Christof saves Anna with true love" and instead switches it for "true love doesn't just mean romance. it also means family". That was an excellent twist, and really helped show how it's in the end how the sisters care for each other so much.
So yeah, I liked a lot of the movie and it's up there in my list of animation favorites. But it's not my favorite.
Also, I'm kinda surprised no one disagreed with my review. I thought you guys liked this movie more! : P

Your criticisms, I can get behind.

I still loved the movie though

Refrigerator Kirby said:
Um guys Mulan is the best disney movie ever

See, Shoey knows what's up.

Thrawn said:
But Up and WALL-E are still Disney's (Pixar, Disney, whatever) best.

I'm ashamed to say that I have not seen Up and only parts of Wall-E.

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

pixar is to disney as marvel is to disney. they're companies that were purchased by Disney, but they still do pretty much what they want, and Disney merchandises the movies. disney didn't make the movies, and that's that

Thrawn said:
But nope, she spends the entire movie a weight. She doesn't ever actually convince Elsa to come back and melt the ice, despite the fact that that was her goal the entire time. Even though she was so persistent, all it earned her was the danger that Elsa warned her of. And Elsa didn't return because of Anna's belief in her, which is what I thought would happen. No, the only thing Anna did was sacrifice herself to save Elsa. And I don't really get how she could move so fast considering she was barely standing up earlier but eh, I'll let it slide just because that scene was so great.
no fuck you

just actually that's incredibly stupid to complain about anna as a character because she failed in what she did

throughout the movie anna tried her best to save her sister. anna always believed in elsa, even when she had every reason not to. anna didn't even wait to have a night's sleep before going off to save her, trekking up a mountain in the cold all by herself. yes, it was stupid, but if you're going to complain about someone's intelligence, then that's just fucking rude

and yes, she was unsuccessful in making Elsa stop the storm, but that's Elsa's fault, her way of panicking and making things worse. anna tried her best to stop Elsa, reassuring her that they could solve the problem if they only just worked together, and it's not her fault that she failed

"No, the only thing Anna did was sacrifice herself to save Elsa." and what, sacrificing yourself isn't enough? all anna did throughout the movie was love elsa and believe in elsa and elsa just shut her out. and i love elsa! but you know what, if you're going to say that anna is a bad character because the only thing she actually accomplished plotwise is saving her sister, then it makes me kinda doubt your judgement of people

i'm sorry for being so aggressive, but that's actually kinda really rude

Elsa said:
PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

pixar is to disney as marvel is to disney. they're companies that were purchased by Disney, but they still do pretty much what they want, and Disney merchandises the movies. disney didn't make the movies, and that's that

you need to learn that these people probably wont care and still call pixar disney.

Princess Zae said:
Elsa said:
PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

PIXAR IS NOT DISNEY

you need to learn that these people probably wont care and still call pixar disney.
but i can still do my best to try to help people realize the difference

Somewhat related, but I just realized that my mom had downloaded the entire soundtrack to Frozen on iTunes, and my iPod gets automatic music downloads, so that means I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod.

Cool.

So I saw this movie earlier today, and it was a good movie, one of the best I've seen ever. Not going into many if any details at all, but I will say I loved everything about Elsa (I really loved her beautiful yet dangerous ice powers), Anna was pretty great too and the ending was glorious for not being cliché because that honestly makes me gag with how over-used it is by Disney.

Back