Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

Dr. Javelin said:
Howl said:
making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude
because, clearly, it is funny to a lot of people. Just because you don't like one thing doesn't mean it's objectively rude.
but in the same way, just because people think something is funny doesn't mean it's not rude

while frozen has many flaws that there are to pick at, if you just start to nitpick because "oh no, exposition in a song", you're basically making fun of the director and songwriters for their choices in making the movie

see, i have no problem with them complaining about the trolls, because the trolls were indeed pointless. and i understand that they like these movies, i just feel that they don't really have a good sense of humor

Howl said:
while frozen has many flaws that there are to pick at, if you just start to nitpick because "oh no, exposition in a song", you're basically making fun of the director and songwriters for their choices in making the movie

The thing about this kind of entertainment is that it isn't exclusionary.

Howl said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Howl said:
making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude
because, clearly, it is funny to a lot of people. Just because you don't like one thing doesn't mean it's objectively rude.
but in the same way, just because people think something is funny doesn't mean it's not rude

Yes. Yes, they are making fun of them.

That doesn't mean it's mean-spirited at all.
Howl said:
see, i have no problem with them complaining about the trolls, because the trolls were indeed pointless. and i understand that they like these movies, i just feel that they don't really have a good sense of humor
Just because you think their humor isn't great doesn't mean it's going to be rude.
Junketsu said:
The thing about this kind of entertainment is that it isn't exclusionary.
Yeah, also this.

It's like the line from My Fair Lady where the professor points out, in response to being called rude, that "The question is not whether I've treated you rudely but whether you've ever heard me treat anyone else better."

Howl said:
idk i always disliked these videos because sometimes they do hit points but then often they just try to make fun of the movie for no real reason

and making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude
you say this like the movie is a person

Yoshiwaker said:
Howl said:
idk i always disliked these videos because sometimes they do hit points but then often they just try to make fun of the movie for no real reason

and making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude
you say this like the movie is a person
no, i'm saying it like the movie is made by people. movies are reflections of the people that made them. when you make fun of something in a movie, you are making fun of the people who decided to implement that into the movie.

You say that like making fun of movies that aren't inherently bad is something that shouldn't be done. We wouldn't be having this discussion if I had posted a video about The Last Airbender.

but that's because the last airbender is legitimately terrible and and there is plenty of reason to make fun of the director of that movie

i don't know i just got super-serious for this particular video. because i like frozen i guess. but the fandom has been making me hate it so oh well

Howl said:
but that's because the last airbender is legitimately terrible and and there is plenty of reason to make fun of the director of that movie
So whether or not something should be made fun of is based on your opinion of whether it's terrible or not?

And if there's something you like, you are never allowed to make fun of it and must put it on an altar where we can worship and any naysayers are doomed to hell for all eternity for daring to speak a word against our Great Work of Fiction?

Dr. Javelin said:
Howl said:
So whether or not something should be made fun of is based on your opinion of whether it's terrible or not?

And if there's something you like, you are never allowed to make fun of it and must put it on an altar where we can worship and any naysayers are doomed to hell for all eternity for daring to speak a word against our Great Work of Fiction?
no no

it's not based on my opinion; i want people to complain about actual, legitimate things, not stupid things like having a song that sounds like a broadway song. there are complaints that i don't agree with but i acknowledge as being reasons to dislike the movie (for instance someone i know is very upset because elsa's social anxiety wasn't properly solved, instead with a magical ending where she and anna reconcile; i don't particularly think that's a reason to not like the movie, but i understand why they'd be upset)

Yeah, yeah, another cover, but this one's kinda neat:

well i'm late to the party but i enjoyed this movie

tbh i have to agree with you agreeing

[size=6pt]but for the record vuelie was used at the end of the movie too so i don't get what they were going for at the beginning of the video

because sacrificing the happiness of your older child to save your younger from their own naivety totally doesn't make you complete jerk-wad parents

people seem to easily forget that while the parent's actions were drastic, they were meant to be short-term

elsa forced her own isolation

Back