Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

that article was written by the very same person who wanted the characters to not be damsel in distresses

and as soon as disney did that, they didn't like it, and switched it back around

so finally got the chance to rent the dvd last night. loved it. not as good as wreck it ralph or the princess and the frog imo, but still very enjoyable.

hey, did anyone else notice that elsa made the trip to the top of the mountain in the span of one song number, while kristoff and anna took half the movie? is there any reason for that?

Toad Eightyfive said:
so finally got the chance to rent the dvd last night. loved it. not as good as wreck it ralph or the princess and the frog imo, but still very enjoyable.

hey, did anyone else notice that elsa made the trip to the top of the mountain in the span of one song number, while kristoff and anna took half the movie? is there any reason for that?
well i mean to be fair songs in movies don't usually take place in real time, especially considering let it go starts out during the deep night and ends at dawn, so it probably took elsa the whole night too

it also helps that, like, the snow doesn't hurt her and also she probably didn't waste time dealing with olaf and the wolves and whatever

No-Face said:
Toad Eightyfive said:

*boring logical answer*
the actual explanation is that anna's an idiot and the trip takes 10x as long when you have to deal with her

kristoff, being a mountain man who's been doing this kind of thing his entire life, would probably be able to do it about as fast as elsa

Viridi said:
the actual explanation is that anna's an idiot and the trip takes 10x as long when you have to deal with her

kristoff, being a mountain man who's been doing this kind of thing his entire life, would probably be able to do it about as fast as elsa

...Or...you know...

Maybe it's the fact that Anna didn't know where exactly Elsa was heading because it wasn't like Elsa told her where she was going. If you watch in the movie, when Anna gets to the shop, she's asking where Elsa is. It's only when Kristoff comes in and points out that the storm is coming from a certain area that Anna figures out that that's where Elsa is. When they reach the top of the mountain, Anna attempts to climb up it before Olaf brings them around the mountain side to where Elsa's ice stairs are. If you notice in the movie, Elsa is already in line with the cliff where she creates the ice stairs, showing that Anna and Kristoff came for a different angle.

So Anna took a detour route before reaching Elsa, which should make sense.

^that makes sense for he most part, but wouldn't it still take elsa a day or two to walk to the north mountain on foot, even if she was taking a more direct route?

it's not exactly close to arendelle

Viridi said:

how about the fact that anna's not a mountain man or some shit and that doesn't make her an idiot just because she can't climb a bloody mountain

likewise it doesn't make a mountain man an idiot if he becomes a princess, it just makes him inexperienced to the job

elsa's like the ice queen, at a certain notice, she just goes where she wants to go and builds a castle there, and can get there by using ice powers to her advantage

kristoff is a mountain man, so he knows how to climb mountains and shit, but, like anna, doesn't know where he's going to find elsa

and of course anna is inexperienced in climbing mountains and also doesn't know where elsa's gone. the only person who knew where elsa went...

...was elsa!

and yes, maybe anna held kristoff back a bit, but that's because she doesn't know what the hell to do, why not try climbing a mountain as well, see if you can do it better

Viridi said:
poking fun at anna never gets old, especially when you guys always rush to her defense
i'm sorry, but it's just plain ignorant to call someone an idiot just because they're inexperienced at something

I think Javelin just disses Anna because he knows that she's awesome and likes to be person that pisses everyone off for no reason. Plus, who says that Elsa building her castle was in time with Anna's story? For all we know it could have happened the same night Anna found Kristoff.

Armin Arlert said:
I think Javelin just disses Anna because he knows that she's awesome and likes to be person that pisses everyone off for no reason.
surely i'm not the only person who thought anna was stupid

Armin Arlert said:
I think Javelin just disses Anna because he knows that she's awesome and likes to be person that pisses everyone off for no reason.

so you and DF?

^She and Olaf were its weakest characters.

anna and elsa were my favorite characters. didnt really see a place for olaf going in but they made him work. kristoph and hans were ok characters. the raindeer was the best tho. that dialogue.

Olaf was basically the movie's PR, showing up in all of the trailers and giving people misguided impressions of what the movie would be like.

Иeptune said:
yeah olaf was hilarious but for some reason he felt rather shoehorned in

You could have removed him from the story, and the plot would have been fine for the most part, other than the symbolic point he brings.

He definitely is an unfitting character, though I have to admit that when I was on the verge of tears he would say something to lighten the mood.

plus he had that sweet streak

"some people are worth melting for"

my heart was that some people

or whatever, it was my heart that melted

Back