Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

You guys are telling me that if your daughter could easily kill someone and couldn't control it, you would let her run around freely?

I would let her learn to control it, not just pretend that the powers aren't there. It's like putting dirt over Rudolph's nose (oh wait).

No-Face said:
people seem to easily forget that while the parent's actions were drastic, they were meant to be short-term

elsa forced her own isolation
Where is the proof that the parent's actions were meant to be short termed?

Junketsu said:
I would let her learn to control it, not just pretend that the powers aren't there. It's like putting dirt over Rudolph's nose (oh wait).
And then one day she gets mad at you.
frozen-man.jpg

At least you weren't mean.

No-Face said:
people seem to easily forget that while the parent's actions were drastic, they were meant to be short-term

elsa forced her own ice-olation
I did something to your post. :dk:
3/101 puns

Should I see this?

小龙怪 said:
No-Face said:

elsa forced her own isolation
Where is the proof that the parent's actions were meant to be short termed?
Didn't the dad say "until she learns to control her powers, blah blah blah"? But then she didn't learn to control them so the isolation went on and on. The hope that it would get easier to control as she got older isn't unreasonable (and sorta proved true, tbh), and maybe if they hadn't died, the parents would have tried a new strategy when the first one didn't work out.

Also, notice they didn't put Elsa on lockdown until after Anna almost died, and had to have all memories of the powers wiped from her mind. In fact, it sorta sounded like if Anna found out, it'd undo the troll's healing magic and she would die: if Elsa couldn't guarantee that she could prevent her magic from firing off in her sister's presence, it actually makes sense to keep them as separated as possible. Yes, the parents did a terrible job, but they were thrown into a pretty terrible situation: it's not like there's a handbook on how to raise ice-magic kids, so the parents simply tried what they thought was the best way to keep both their children alive and safe.

I just think they get too much flak: if they tried to burn Elsa as a witch, sure, hate them, but I just felt bad for them.

I totally agree. We can all sit here and say "omg elsa's parents are terrible" because we have the gift of hindsight, but how were the parents supposed to know this wouldn't work? Do we know that they would have kept on with this decision and not changed it? Would Elsa have had her emotions in better control if she hadn't, you know, just lost her parents?

yes, thank you for understanding

i don't know because i wasn't around when tangled first came out but i never hear anyone complaining about how awful a parent mother gothel is, but everyone sure loves to hate on anna and elsa's parents

afaik people generally don't complain when a villain is a bitch to people since villains are generally supposed to be terrible people

HOW IS THIS ARGUMENT NOT DEAD YET!!!
200.gif

I get her parents didn't know any better, but they were also paranoid morons
we are obviously not all going to agree so lets give up

小龙怪 said:
Only if you like/can stand the semi-blandness of modern Disney moves. /unpopularopinion

In other words. Probably yeah.
old disney movies were mainly hypocritical/anti-feminist
most of them, when you analyze/think deeply, have horrible, depressing endings

Michell said:
小龙怪 said:
Only if you like/can stand the semi-blandness of modern Disney moves. /unpopularopinion

In other words. Probably yeah.
old disney movies were mainly hypocritical/anti-feminist
most of them, when you analyze/think deeply, have horrible, depressing endings

That doesn't make them bad, though. They are simply a reflection of their eras. They can still tell a good story.

Back