Frozen (Disney's The Snow Queen adaption)

Gulillilliant said:
frozen won best animated picture :wario:
....for wjat thee emmeys

Gulillilliant said:
oh my god just stop posting oh my god oh my god oh my god
I was going to say something very offensive but instead of succumbing to anger. Forget it I never even liked Frozen all that much.

Deleted my last post because getting mad at someone who hasn't a clue about anything isn't worth it.

Anyway, Let It Go won Best Original Song :wario:

Idina Menzel performed it live minutes before she won the Oscar; she did pretty good. I personally didn't like how fast it went, but that's just me. They might have had to speed it up to fit it in the time slot. There was also that one ending note, but really, who can blame her? She must have been under a mega load of stress.

yeah i don't blame her for messing up because it's supposed to be a moderate song, so singing it faster is rather hard. still, she did a great job

Elsa said:
yeah i don't blame her for messing up because it's supposed to be a moderate song, so singing it faster is rather hard. still, she did a great job

Yeah, and I really liked it too!

Also, Ideal Dazing? The hell John!?

>complains about let it go videos
>makes one himself

it's humorous, but like... if you don't want to hear it, just don't click play...? it's a good song and if people want to sing it then there's nothing wrong with that... besides it's not even that hard to avoid...

Elsa said:
>complains about let it go videos
>makes one himself
yes, that was the point of the joke
Elsa said:
it's humorous, but like... if you don't want to hear it, just don't click play...? it's a good song and if people want to sing it then there's nothing wrong with that... besides it's not even that hard to avoid...
nostalgia critic's whole show is based around overreacting to things that he doesn't actually find that annoying

oh yeah true

and the cat in the hat, he was really upset in that one the the point where he even said something good about the live action grinch movie

Junketsu said:
Note: contains spoilers

"From the studio that finally learned how to make Pixar movies" yes. pixar invented good movies. it's not like disney has been making animated movies for what. 70? 80 years?

But those movies aren't animated in the sense Frozen is.

Junketsu said:
But those movies aren't animated in the sense Frozen is.
because they're not 3D animated?

because that's not even true. disney used computers and 3D modeling for The Beauty and the Beast and a bunch of other movies too. they weren't 100 percent CG, but i really don't see why they're considered a whole different genre

and even so, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph were both very well-received by critics

The joke is that movies like Wreck-It Ralph and Tangled are Disney's failed attempts at making Pixar movies (they didn't get it right until Frozen), not that Disney sucks at making animated films or that Pixar invented good animated filmmaking. None of it is supposed to be taken seriously.

well then it wasn't a good joke

idk i always disliked these videos because sometimes they do hit points but then often they just try to make fun of the movie for no real reason

and making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude

I thought it was a good reason. I really liked Frozen and it's one of my most favorite movies ever and I thought this Honest Trailer was the funniest shit that reflected concerns I also had or even just..things..I noticed about the movie and put them in a silly manner for entertainment purposes, like, you know, every other video that guy makes. Maybe you should...thaw out a bit! HYUCK HYUCK

(although as for
Howl said:
idk i always disliked these videos because sometimes they do hit points but then often they just try to make fun of the movie for no real reason

I totally know what you mean because I feel that about a ton of things all the time, especially That Guy With The Glasses and stuff, but I digress.)

Howl said:
well then it wasn't a good joke

Look, M4E! It's the kind of person who doesn't enjoy joke criticism!

Nabber (and Anton, I guess, although he's clearly more open about this), I think this is just the kind of thing that we'll always disagree on. I'm personally the kind of person who enjoys this kind of satire from people like Honest Trailers, How It Should Have Ended, and Nostalgia Critic. I think what you're missing is that they often still like these movies! They just want to poke fun at a few things in it, because admittedly it's not perfect. Being able to acknowledge some of the faults about something you like is totally okay, and it doesn't mean you have to dislike it because of a few minor things. Making those few minor things humorous by laughing at them is actually probably the best way to deal with them.

I have a strange and unique relationship with satire that I think I have explained and can only explain to Edo, thanks to our joint super power of best friends forever or else, and I'm not sure if he was able to fully grasp it because I can't either. I understand that they still like these movies. Hell, I talk shit about a ton of things that I like. I guess the simplest way to explain why I may not like a certain individual (especially the Nostalgia Critic, ugh) is tone, repetition, (lack of) creativity, and just their general sense of humor. I totally agree with what you're saying, with just the footnote for exceptions that I have because reasons unexplained.

Yeah, it's not like everyone has to like this humor. Everyone enjoys different things, and if you don't like Nostalgia Critic then that's fine.

I just hope Nabber can learn not to say things like
Howl said:
making fun of things without a reason isn't funny. that's just rude
because, clearly, it is funny to a lot of people. Just because you don't like one thing doesn't mean it's objectively rude.

Back