Why nintendo? WHY? (Mario Kart 3DS new characters.

Which of these characters (pick as many as you want) would be better in Mario Kart 7 then Queen Bee?

• Total voters

shockwave527

SHINX, TEPIG & CHESPIN: BEST POKEMON EVER
Seriously? QUEEN BEE? There are so many other characters nintendo could have used then the never-asked-for queen bee or the never-heard-of-it metal mario. I just listed, oh, I don't know, EVERY CHARACTER THAT WOULD BE BETTER. And seriously, why not have waluigi, a main HUMAN character, and put in Queen Bee? Or return king boo, or bowser Jr., or Petey Piranha? Anyone else know any other good characters they should have added? Or maybe they should have added color-changing or something.

If anyone does not know who any of these characters are, just ask.

When was there ever a Toy Luigi (aka Mini Luigi) or a Baby Rosalina?

As for Queen Bee's entrance in MK7, I don't mind it. There was always a trend of adding an obscure character in the game since MKDS. She's not the best character; however, she isn't the worst either.

I think the whole theme of Mario Kart 7 was to be unexpected. Gliders? Never would've guessed. Underwater? What the balls.

Really, it's only going to be for this game and like someone posted on a MK7 thread, a theory is they wanted 4 newcomers. They thought of all the characters and decided there wasnt enough females, so they added Rosalina and Daisy. they needed a DS Download Character so they made Shy Guy Playable. For the newcomer choices though. No idea why they chose those characters but their most likely just a one time thing.

Of course, it's just a theory made up by somebody, but I thought it was pretty good.

If I were to replace Queen Bee (or Metal Mario for that matter), I'd choose Waluigi. You forgot to add him to the poll (yeah, he's not in Mario Kart 7).

No Waluigi? He should've been playable as one of the Cruiser-type racers. That way, Donkey Kong would be put in his correct category; the Heavy category.

I'm just going to ignore Waluigi comments now.

Hey, If I got to choose a character from the mario series and it could be anybody, hell, I'd choose a Cataquack. Why? Too annoy everybody for being picky :3

You forgot Petey Piranha. Queen Bee was put in so that more people would play Mario Galaxy 2, I'm guessing. I think Nintendo wanted people to be like: "Who is that? I'll just look it up... oh cool Super Mario Galaxy. I might buy that. And... it has a sequel? I'm getting both." As for the poll, I personally think Toadsworth and Hammer Bro, who I think is a common enough enemy, should be in the game.

No Baby Luigi? FAIL.

He should have gone in over H. Queen.

Hmm if I could replace Honey Queen ( I didn't think she was a bad idea BTW and I would rather replace Metal Mario.), then I would replace her with Diddy Kong, mostly because he is my favorite character. :P

Hm, I just realized this, but was there a reason why the only veteran in the poll options is Diddy Kong? I was initially thinking this was a poll deciding between newcomers and not returning veterans (until some users brought this up and once I noticed the only veteran option).

In that case, I actually would accept any Mario Kart veteran who did not return (perhaps except a few obscure ones introduced in MK Wii) over the Honey Queen.

What does bug me about Mario Kart 7 is why the name, "Queen Bee", isn't being used. That's Queen Bee's official name in the Super Mario Galaxy titles.

MnSG said:
What does bug me about Mario Kart 7 is why the name, "Queen Bee", isn't being used. That's Queen Bee's official name in the Super Mario Galaxy titles.

Probably because H. Queen sounds smarter to say than Q. Bee.

Did she have an official Japanese name in SMG? It could be possible that she may or may not have had a different name or a new one for MK7, and as a result it was translated to the way we have it now.

I agree that Honey Queen sounds better as a name; however, indeed it is quite strange for the name change.

Propeller Toad said:
Did she have an official Japanese name in SMG? It could be possible that she may or may not have had a different name or a new one for MK7, and as a result it was translated to the way we have it now.

I agree that Honey Queen sounds better as a name; however, indeed it is quite strange for the name change.

Yeah, I think they indeed they used her Japanese name for that.

It's not that major of an issue, Honey Queen, Queen Bee. It's not hard to still recognize that's her, even after her name was slightly altered

Here's my beef with H. Queen. I know she's a pretty awful character choice, but she's not that terrible of a choice. After all, we have another female driver, which Mario series lacks and she's a heavyweight female driver, which is pretty rare in Mario. She's also like the ROB of the Mario Kart series, she was pretty unexpected and a little surprise now and then is fine. However, she's a little bit TOO random and I honestly think that she isn't very likable (I don't know who mains her). Her voice also annoys me to no end when she gets me. She, however, DOES NOT replace Waluigi, neither does Metal Mario, all of these were on the developer's part. Waluigi is not in because of time constraints and space and, although I totally agree Waluigi not being in it is a bad move, we just have to suck it up and live with it similar to how I cope with Baby Luigi not playable in several games, Mario Kart 7 in particular.

And, H. Queen is pretty darn underrated, but I don't fully support her. The worst character choice in the entire series IMO is the creation of Baby Daisy which still bugs me today.

Yeah, Baby Daisy is probably one of the worst character ideas that Nintendo thought up. Unlike Baby Peach, Baby Daisy is literally pointless in every way.

MnSG said:
Yeah, Baby Daisy is probably one of the worst character ideas that Nintendo thought up. Unlike Baby Peach, Baby Daisy is literally pointless in every way.

IMO, she's even worse than Metal Mario. Metal Mario had SOME revelation before ala Super Mario 64 and Mario Golf but not Baby Daisy.

Pandapowah said:
But what about Toadette? She was also introduced in a Mario Kart game wasn't she?

She was, but Toad was partnerless (and Toadsworth is too busy driving that dang Parade Kart for you). I guess they HAD to create a partner for Toad, considering the game was Mario Kart Double Dash. At least she had a true purpose. Baby Daisy's was pseudo, since there was no partner system in Mario Kart Wii.

Toadette at least had some purpose of giving a major character a partner. Additionally, she had unique properties and as a female Toad it was alright for her to exist (where were the female Toads all this time?).

Edit: Baby Luigi just got my entire idea a few minutes prior to my post. :P

Baby Daisy gave Baby Peach (a minor character) a partner. Baby Daisy literally served no real purpose otherwise (other than the statue of her and Baby Luigi in Daisy Circuit). The baby characters were unique when there were the notable ones around (Baby Mario and Baby Luigi). Baby Peach at least served some roles in a few games. However, Baby Daisy just made people get tired of the entire idea (hence she was the obvious reason for the dislike of the babies). Daisy herself wasn't exactly the most important character to get an infant character based on her as well...

When you think it over, all the Star Children from Yoshi's Island DS are the infant forms of the major characters. As a result, they're pretty much the only babies that should be involved in spin-offs. However, Baby Bowser never appears, since his latest look (from Partners in Time) is way too identical to Bowser Jr..

Back