Why nintendo? WHY? (Mario Kart 3DS new characters.

Which of these characters (pick as many as you want) would be better in Mario Kart 7 then Queen Bee?

• Total voters
Propeller Toad said:
One interesting thing about the unlockable veterans is the fact that they all made their introductions from different Mario Kart games.

Wario - Mario Kart 64
Daisy - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Shy Guy - Mario Kart DS
Rosalina - Mario Kart Wii

...a coincidence?

The only flaw is that Shy Guy is Download Play exclusive, so you can't really play as Shy Guy, unless you don't own Mario Kart DS.

KingBooWarioSir said:
Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi

Don't know if this is official or not, but I knew time constraints and space made them unable to place Waluigi in. Same with the baby bros. and the other guys (Toadette, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong)

It is more likely that rushing the game prevented Waluigi from being in. A 3DS is fairly powerful and game models, textures, animations, and voices don't take up that much space.

A Little Chinese Lesson said:
Fail.

You can vote for every single one.

That is because this is to choose which ones are better, not which one is the best. Also, I tried to choose possible guys (like ones with arms) that are already in a 3D or 3Dish game. You can vote for everyone because if they are all better than queen bee, then you can choose them all.

Also, to those pointing out missing characters, I thought I put all non-veterans. To whoever pointed Diddy Kong out, thank you. I did not notice him, he should not really be in there.

My personal choices at the top are
Egad, Toadsworth, Pianta, Kamek

The maybe Lubba, Noki, Paulina or Hammer Bro

Edit your post instead of double posting.

really, I don't care what I want for the game, whatever Nintendo chooses I'll be happy with. They spend time making games for us, we should be happy with what we get.

Ornithologist Mario said:
It is more likely that rushing the game prevented Waluigi from being in. A 3DS is fairly powerful and game models, textures, animations, and voices don't take up that much space.

I have recalled that the .brsar files from the various Wii ISOs use over 100 MB, since they're the files that contain all the sound effect data. They're also responsible for the synchronization of the .brstm files.

MnSG said:

I have recalled that the .brsar files from the various Wii ISOs use over 100 MB, since they're the files that contain all the sound effect data. They're also responsible for the synchronization of the .brstm files.

I should have known. It has taken me like 30 minutes to convert all the compatible sound files into .rwav directly from revo_kart.brsar from Mario Kart Wii.

My point was that character models shouldn't be the difference between a filled up CD or an empty one.

My point was that character models shouldn't be the difference between a filled up CD or an empty one.

Actually, I think it's an indirect one as another character model requires separate voice clips, no?

Yes, but Mario Kart Wii had around 50 voice clips for each character. Mario Kart 7 had a significantly smaller amount.

Yes, but Mario Kart Wii had around 50 voice clips for each character. Mario Kart 7 had a significantly smaller amount.

According to my calculations, Baby Luigi ALONE has 95 different racing, battle result, and race result voice clips. And that's not including the drafting noise, the character select noise, and the kart select noise, which accounts in total 104 voice clips. Again, Baby Luigi ALONE.

Huh, I thought 50 was a high number so I estimated there. There goes our low ability to estimate large numbers.

Some characters (ie characters who are not voice by Charles Martinet or Sam Kelly) have a lower amount because they make the same noises when they fall into lava or when they respawn make the same noise as if they fell into the water (Mario makes a different noise when falling from water than falling from pits). Yoshi and Koopa Troopa are some examples of this.

Still, about 100 separate voice clips for each 24 characters (not including Miis and their other counterparts) in the brsar and you can understand why brsars take up so much space. And don't get me started on SFX

So... why Nintendo decided to use H. Queen and Metal Mario in place of old favorites?

So... why Nintendo decided to use H. Queen and Metal Mario in place of old favorites?

Did you read the letter? They mentioned they wanted to balance out new racers to veterans. And they couldn't add any more because of time and space restrictions.

You mean time restrictions. I don't see the space restrictions.

KingBooWarioSir said:
Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi

According to this post, that is what they said about lack of Waluigi. They mentioned time and space as road blocks.

Space isn't the limiting factor. It's limited, yes, but I think time plays a bigger role here.

I agree but time and space are the biggest issues. With time being bigger. I really wished they haven't rushed the game, perhaps Baby Luigi would have stood a chance -_-'

I would think characters like Waluigi, Bowser Jr., etc. would've been more priority than the Babies if they didn't rush it.

Crackin355 said:
I would think characters like Waluigi, Bowser Jr., etc. would've been more priority than the Babies if they didn't rush it.

True, I agree with you on that. That's a priority. But I said Baby Luigi would at least stood a chance. If they rushed it, he doesn't stand a chance at all. If Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Waluigi, and Toadette didn't make it in, Baby Luigi will not. Period.

I agree. Besides, DLC could patch the glitches (cough cough Maka Wuhu cough cough), give us more parts, and have some more characters!

Apparently Nintendo is patching a glitch for Skyward Sword due to it being a fatal one. Perhaps, we might get lucky to at least get some of the glitches fixed here as well.

Back