Why nintendo? WHY? (Mario Kart 3DS new characters.

Which of these characters (pick as many as you want) would be better in Mario Kart 7 then Queen Bee?

• Total voters
Ok. Queen Bee has not been the only one that was a Minor character in one game and has been playable. Remember Peaty Piranha. Only a Boss in two levels and made it into Mario Kart Double Dash and ended up in more games. Remember R.O.B getting into MKDS and Remember Dry Bowser getting into MKW who you only saw for 20 seconds of NSMB. Queen Bee is just like that. So don't start ranting when you see Pom Pom get into Mario Kart Wii U instead of Dixie Kong.

I talked about some characters I wanted in this game in my Should Have Been this month. I think Kamek and Hammer Bro. are way overdue an introduction to the Mario Kart series.

Petey's big head can be a major nuisance, which is likely the reason for why he's been demoted to being a mere stage element.

I don´t want to annoy anyone, but nobody answered my question and I would want to know: was that letter/email from Nintendo about the Waluigi topic for real? Can anybody confirm it?

I´ll copy and paste it:

Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi

I´ve read the entire thread and while it is assumed, it is not confirmed if this is real. Is it?

King K. Rool would be EPIC!!! :yoshi:

Yeah, Mini Bowser has pretty much been replaced by Bowser Jr.. I actually like Mini Bowser more than Bowser Jr. though. His "sir Mr. Bowser sir" was a fun way of speaking.

Also, is it me or does that letter sound like there's not gonna be any DLC for MK7?

DLC is pretty much a long stretch for Mario Kart 7, no matter how it's sliced and diced.

I just think that they could bring in someone a bit more well known who is still a minor character. Like making a Luma playable.

MCD said:
I talked about some characters I wanted in this game in my Should Have Been this month. I think Kamek and Hammer Bro. are way overdue an introduction to the Mario Kart series.

It'd be nice to see them put a Hammer Bro in. I mean, they put King Boo in, they put Petey Pirahna in, why not put one of those guys in?

Luigi The Great said:
I just think that they could bring in someone a bit more well known who is still a minor character. Like making a Luma playable.

I would have Luma over H. Queen any day

Lubba would be better than H. Queen. At least he isn't so minor and obscure.

I think more Super Mario galaxy characters are getting put in because Super Mario Galaxy is pretty much not going to continue with 3. So take the characters we wont see again and chuck them in the Spin-Offs

Crackin355 said:
I think more Super Mario galaxy characters are getting put in because Super Mario Galaxy is pretty much not going to continue with 3. So take the characters we wont see again and chuck them in the Spin-Offs

I did not think of that. That's probably the most reasonable explanation.

I can expect maybe one more character to pop in from Galaxy for the next Spin-off. 2 If they need some extras.

KingBooWarioSir said:
Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi
That does make sense...

YoshiMonsta said:
Guys, who here voted all of them. If so you guys RULE
I didn't vote for all of them, because some of them are pretty lame choices. However, I only really voted for my favorites.

Crackin355 said:

Something like this already happened, but it's with Super Mario Sunshine

Baby Luigi said:
Crackin355 said:
Something like this already happened, but it's with Super Mario Sunshine
this theory is to be determined, while the staff should have tried to put other main characaters in main games (whether npc or pc)
I do think we can give a chance to minor characters, but the range can be including all other series (RPG, Wario etc)

specie who lives in Isle Delfino don't appear recently, Bowser Jr and Toadsworth are recurring because of relationships
but characters from Galaxy are mostly strangers, and we hardly say Rosalina is recurring because of her friendship
I still hope her future appearances in main games

GalacticPetey said:
I personally want the return of Paratroopa.
except species problem and not doing with new racers (some new racers are species too)
I guess the common red paratroopa can be combined with green koopatroopa by color exchange option

Back