Waluigi is being "phased out"

Ambush Bug said:
Ornithologist Mario said:
I'm pretty sure that Waluigi has more fans than Honey Queen.
Pics are its not true ;D

Hence, the "I'm pretty sure".

MnSG said:
MnSG: Yes, but character models don't take up THAT much space.

The quality of the textures that the model uses does play a factor as well.

Yes I agree, but it's not going to take up 80% of the 3DS's processing power. Usually, the most space is given to effects and opening movies, hence the reason Brawl has two layers: because it has many cutscenes.

Yes I agree, but it's not going to take up 80% of the 3DS's processing power. Usually, the most space is given to effects and opening movies, hence the reason Brawl has two layers: because it has many cutscenes.

Yeah it's interesting how each game operates differently with its models and textures.

Anyway, I think this conversation should be dropped now; back on-topic.

Honey Queen and Metal Mario are just not good compared to Waluigi. Why replace a staple with a palette swap and/or a rather obscure character? This baffles me.

And no, I'm not a Waluigi fan.

Honey Queen and Metal Mario are just not good compared to Waluigi. Why replace a staple with a palette swap and/or a rather obscure character? This baffles me.

Maybe they wanted more main series representation.

I think they should modernize Waluigi and make him a wizard who rides a motorcycle

Mario4Ever said:

Probably, but the truth is, Daisy had only one mainstream appearance, and that was back in Super Mario Land.

Honey Queen and Metal Mario are just not good compared to Waluigi.
This. They're OK in their own right, but characters like Waluigi, Diddy Kong, and Junior should have precedence over them.

Honey Queen and Metal Mario don't have a big fanbase compared to those three. :mad:

Isn't it odd that people complain about Metal Mario, and yet you don't hear any complaints about Dry Bowser?! Bowser and Dry Bowser are one in the same, just like Mario and Metal Mario.

I'm actually cool with Metal Mario's inclusion. He hasn't been playable in a spinoff since Mario Golf on the N64, so I'm kinda glad to have him playable again.

MnSG said:
Isn't it odd that people complain about Metal Mario, and yet you don't hear any complaints about Dry Bowser?! Bowser and Dry Bowser are one in the same, just like Mario and Metal Mario.

Well, how about Dry Bones? A lot of people drool over it.

Metal Mario is a palette swap. Dry Bowser is a little more than a recolor.

I was a little annoyed at Dry Bowser's inclusion as well.

Dry Bones is a generic enemy, just like Koopa Troopa, so that's a different story.

It's still a ripoff of Koopa Troopa.

MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:

Probably, but the truth is, Daisy had only one mainstream appearance, and that was back in Super Mario Land.

Compared to Waluigi, who's had none.

Wario was in relatively few mainstream games too. Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario 64 DS are the only ones that comes to mind.

He has his series of his own though. It was still Nintendo's BRILLIANT idea to make him unlockable, with Toad being unlockable in MKDD following behind.

Toadette, if you think Waluigi isn't major just because he's a spin-off fill in, should have more of a chance than Waluigi.

Wario was in relatively few mainstream games too. Super Mario Land 2 and Super Mario 64 DS are the only ones that comes to mind.
That and that whole Wario Series

Ambush Bug said:

I'd count the Wario series as a spin-off series, since Mario isn't in them.

Ambush Bug said:

Ahem, mainstream Mario games.

Ambush Bug said:

Ahem, mainstream Mario games.
How many Mainstream games is Donkey Kong in i'll give you a hint 2 and there both in the 1980's

Baby Luigi said:
He has his series of his own though. It was still Nintendo's BRILLIANT idea to make him unlockable, with Toad being unlockable in MKDD following behind.

Toadette, if you think Waluigi isn't major just because he's a spin-off fill in, should have more of a chance than Waluigi.

Toadette only made one cameo appearance in a mainstream game though, so that doesn't exactly help her.

Well, my point is that the reason Waluigi is phased out for being a spinoff exclusive is a fairly weak reason.

Back