Waluigi is being "phased out"

Sonicyay2 said:
KingBooWarioSir said:

Hello Chris,
Waluigi's omission from Mario Kart 7 was a hard one for us here at Nintendo. It was due to the time constraints associated with the Christmas deadline for the game. Rest assured Waluigi will be making further appearances in the Mario series for at least the next few years. Also understand some characters, such as Waluigi, are more expendable then others and space was limited. The game needed Bowser, DK, Wario and it didnt need the few expendable characters that we here consider "cult classics". We needed a balance between new racers and our standards. Also, regarding Wario as an unlockable character for future games, that will not happen. This was a one-time instance to pay tribute to the SNES original and nothing more. Koopa Kid is retired.

Yasuyuki Oyagi
The fact that he just said "Koopa Kid is retired" is just....funny.
Sorry, I just had to say this. How big of a bump is thi-
3 years.
Okay, someone's getting banned.

That surprises me a game developper actually respond to a random fan.

Oh yeah I remember how people thought Waluigi was being phased out. Kind of wrong, and I knew it was just going to be a one time thing.

While on the other hand MK8 did noticeable cuts (like Birdo) and no one is reacting in the same way.

That's because Waluigi had been in every Mario Kart since Double Dash, whereas Birdo has been on and off.

Birdo wasn't exactly a popular character to begin with

But to reassure you, DragonFreak, there's a crapton of people reacting about the lack of Birdo in GameFAQs regarding Mario Kart 8 and Mario Party 10

I enjoy Wario and Waluigi's antics in games like Mario Power Tennis, and how they never get away with it, so I'm glad he isn't gone.

Every joke has a butt if it's not getting blown up (Wario) or turning inside out (Donkey Kong).

Maybe it's a good thing Waluigi wasn't playable in Smash Bros. because chances are, he's going to get a crappy pose for an amiibo figure and then get shoved a clearly-visible piss stand on one of his legs.

yoshiking14x said:
:waluigi: : Where is my Waluigi Amiibo?

I WAnt one too

Waluigi has a odd "cult following" because he´s an odd character....and all us love him :waluigi: (anarkyyyyyy....wa) so im doubt Nintendo will retired him soon

P.S: Im still waiting for a Wario & Waluigi Super Star Waaa RPG

Hello, KingBooWarioSir!

You mentioned that you emailed Yasuyuki Oyagi about Waluigi's omission in Mario Kart 7. I have also been searching for an email address to him, since I would like to ask him about a few things in the Mario Kart series in general. I have not been able to find it yet, so I would like to ask you if you could send me his email address, please? If that is not possible, could you please tell me where I can find it?

Thank you in advance!

You're welcome, and here's a few tips for next time you have a question for someone.

1. Check the user's profile. It shows when they were last active.
2. Check the last time a thread was posted in. This thread was last posted in May. Bumping a thread this old is alright if you have something relevant to say, but if you're just doing it to ask a user something, that's frowned upon and violates Rule 16 as shown here. If that user is still active, just send them a Personal Message.

Okay, I am really sorry, I did not know about that. I will think about that from now on. I really appreciate that you are telling me that I am not paying attention to the rules.

Back