Waluigi is being "phased out"

Crackin355 said:
RPG Characters never usually appear in more than one game as a major character.
that's off-topic, but basically I think things around Mushroom capital and species representives are usable in other main games details

Mariomario64 said:
Rant time.

Wait, so they bring back Rosalina and add Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler, and even that Queen Bee thing, but remove Waluigi? Seriously,
WTF NINTENDO
so you guys are talking about Kart 7 ? there seems many other aren't in Kart 7 too (Toadette, Birdo, other babies etc)
please remember there are over 20 Mario (and DK) members but many games contain less than 20 players including species, so rotation in rosters is inevitable in Mario series

replies above also mentioned many other characters that really seem "fading", so this topic is almost not talkable

Master Koopakid said:
KingBooWarioSir said:
Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Nintendo's never been a company willing to "phase out" characters (excluding Stanley the Bugman), so the chances of Waluigi biting the dust, so to speak, are incredibly slim.
Er, you do realize...

COUGH - KOOPA KID - COUGH
COUGH - WART - COUGH
COUGH - EVERY CHARACTER IN MARIO RPG - COUGH
Koopa Kid wasn't really phased out. It was actually Hudson's decision. Also Wart wasn't even from the Mario series. He's from Doki Doki Panic. And RPG charaters not appearing in other games is probably due to the company who made the game.

Actually Wart has been "phased out if anything". Birdo, Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, Ninjiis, Pidgits, Beezos etc have all appeared in future Mario games after SMB2. As a result of this, just being a character from Doki Doki Panic does not matter. Nintendo created Wart and pretty much almost all the other characters except for the main playable characters and the hostages in DDP. As a result, they do own him and the other SMB2 characters. Wart is a Mario character if anything as Nintendo accepted SMB2 as a mainstream game themselves (hence SMUSA); however, Wart has just never been reused since.

As for Waluigi himself being phased out, I really don't mind. I was never a fan of his character and indeed he served little to no purpose in the series (aside from being Wario's partner). However, I must admit that after a little more than a decade of appearing in the Mario spin-offs, it is odd to see Waluigi not in MK7. Anyways, let us see what Waluigi's fate will be. He seems to be in the other spin-offs, so it does not seem that he is phased out just yet.

If your favourite character gets phased you can cry but nobody will care. All the characters are the same. Just characters. If oen doesnt get into ONE game, doesnt mean he's been taken out. You'd think after atleast 2 or 3 games you'd assume he's getting taken out, but after one? and it isnt even out yet?

Indeed, this does not mean that it is the end of Waluigi. This has happened before. Remember Mario Power Tennis? Where is Toad, one of the veterans from the first two games? Not playable. Baby Mario? Same case. What about another veteran Birdo? Toadette, Boo, etc in MPDS? They all made cameos, but were denied playable appearances.

Nintendo does make some odd decisions at times; however, just because a character does not appear in a few games as a playable does not mean that s/he is phased out. Waluigi received the attention he needed with Waluigi Pinball being in that game. If Waluigi becomes completely absent in the coming years, then it would be alright to start thinking about this.

it's not even that big of a deal. Nintendo isn't dumb enough to completely get rid of Waluigi now that he's a veteran for spin-offs. He's not in the one game and even if he is your favourite, he'll be in the next one in place of somebody elses favourite. It's a never ending cycle that only people who can put up with a game without their favourite character, can get used to.

Crackin355 said:
If your favourite character gets phased you can cry but nobody will care. All the characters are the same. Just characters.

So if that's the case, why doesn't Nintendo have the same 8 character roster in the next Mario Kart games they release in the future?

[quorte=Dorayaki]rotation in rosters is inevitable in Mario series
[/quote]

DEAR GOD NO NOT THAT SUGGESTION AGAIN.

I FREAKING HATE THAT SUGGESTION.

Waluigi isn't playable in Fortune Street and Mario Party 9, eh? Nintendo is really phasing him out of the series!

Pardon me, but Waluigi isn't gone. Yet.

People have a right to complain about their missing characters. Nothing feels the same if your favorite character gets left out. No amount of cars and tracks can fill in this empty space. I completely respect the Waluigi fans' opinions. What I don't respect is that some users respond arrogantly to the complainers. That annoys me so much more.

Ornithologist Mario said:
People have a right to complain about their missing characters. Nothing feels the same if your favorite character gets left out. No amount of cars and tracks can fill in this empty space. I completely respect the Waluigi fans' opinions. What I don't respect is that some users respond arrogantly to the complainers. That annoys me so much more.
I'm worried about fans of specific one character aren't using an objective viewpoint
for example Waluigi isn't the only one Mario member that isn't in Kart 7 this time or many recent games

Toad85 said:
DEAR GOD NO NOT THAT SUGGESTION AGAIN.

I FREAKING HATE THAT SUGGESTION.
may you beware of offtopic that it's not the first time = =? also the point was put in the last sentence

Lord Ghirahim said:
Guy at GameStop counter =/= official Nintendo confirmation.

Unbeknownst to many, Reggie's day-job is a GameStop cashier.

People complain about Waluigi so much, because of his status as a spin-off exclusive character. Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. have had mainstream appearances, which is likely why we don't hear complaints about their exclusions.

Diddy Kong qhas only been in a Mainstream Donkey Kong game but then since Donkey fits into two series Nintendo wanted to put another character in so they have a good cross.

Waluigi isn't playable in Fortune Street and Mario Party 9, eh? Nintendo is really phasing him out of the series!
Is that sarcam cause he's in both of those games

Yes, read my second line. :P

Pardon me, but Waluigi isn't gone. Yet.

It's hard to tell, but I'm pardoning for my sarcasm.

It would be odd to see Waluigi disappear from the world. After all, he's become a big staple in a lot of spin-off titles.

I think we can say, "The game is rushed. That's why Waluigi isn't in."

Is it so hard making a character though? Characters don't take up the most space in a game anyway. And why include palette swaps and nobody characters?

MnSG said:
The 3DS does have its limits though.

Not like that. Super Street Fighter IV was successfully ported (though backgrounds don't move), and that game's on the PS3 and 360.

MnSG: Yes, but character models don't take up THAT much space.

I think we can say, "The game is rushed. That's why Waluigi isn't in."

Is it so hard making a character though? Characters don't take up the most space in a game anyway. And why include palette swaps and nobody characters?
Maybe they just didn't see putting him in the game needed i mean how many people aren't going to buy this game cause Waluigi isn't in it like 2

I'm pretty sure that Waluigi has more fans than Honey Queen.

MnSG: Yes, but character models don't take up THAT much space.

The quality of the textures that the model uses does play a factor as well.

Back