Waluigi is being "phased out"

Its in the marioverse now

'3K said:
Skull Kid said:
I think the reason why Waluigi is not in because Retro might not like him and they might have control over the Roster.
I'm pretty sure that they just designed the DKCR track.

Yeah I believe that's the only reason why Retro Studios was involved; they own the rights to the Tiki Tak Tribe.

actually retro did all of the retro courses not just DKCR due to an emergency to get the game out by christmas:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/25/retro-took-mario-kart-7-from-emergency-to-2011-launch/

Well, they made a great decision, then, since Retro's track record is phenomenal.

according to the table about roster arrangement
Waluigi's appearances is more than others including Toad and Daisy, Birdo

maybe he has to be relatively less recurring, but he won't and needn't fade out
'it's like fading heroines whom you can worry about, not Waluigi's turn yet

Someone must be seriously lying. Even though Waluigi has only been in spinoff installments for the Mario series, it would be foolish to toss him out. Really.

MeritC said:
Someone must be seriously lying. Even though Waluigi has only been in spinoff installments for the Mario series, it would be foolish to toss him out. Really.
He's disliked by critics

A guy at GameSpot was the one who told me that the 3DS was going the way of the virtual boy. They are dumbasses the lot of 'em who have not fucking clue what they're are atalkin bout.

Nintendo's never been a company willing to "phase out" characters (excluding Stanley the Bugman), so the chances of Waluigi biting the dust, so to speak, are incredibly slim.

Mario4Ever said:
Nintendo's never been a company willing to "phase out" characters (excluding Stanley the Bugman), so the chances of Waluigi biting the dust, so to speak, are incredibly slim.
Er, you do realize...

Marwikedor said:
A guy at GameSpot was the one who told me that the 3DS was going the way of the virtual boy. They are dumbasses the lot of 'em who have not fucking clue what they're are atalkin bout.

True...they obviously have no idea why the VB fell if they're comparing the 3DS to it.

Waluigi won't be phased out. Maybe tehy think of him as a fill-in for when theres no more idea for characeters. like the Babies are, but IMO, the only babies that deserve to be recognized are Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (Only a little bit for Baby Luigi, he'd be like a Last Resort). So yeah. Rosalina will probably go down that road too since she's mainly gonna be in spin-offs now, since Mario Galaxy was the only game she appeared as a Major character. (Cameo in SMG2)

The 3DS sells are improving from how bad it was at the beginning.

Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Er, you do realize...

COUGH - KOOPA KID - COUGH
COUGH - WART - COUGH
COUGH - EVERY CHARACTER IN MARIO RPG - COUGH
COUGH - ALL CHARACTERS SANS TOADSWORTH, PINATAS, AND NOKIS IN SMS - COUGH

KingBooWarioSir said:
Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Er, you do realize...

COUGH - WART - COUGH
Koopa Kid wasn't really phased out. It was actually Hudson's decision. Also Wart wasn't even from the Mario series. He's from Doki Doki Panic. And RPG charaters not appearing in other games is probably due to the company who made the game.

KingBooWarioSir said:
Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Er, you do realize...

COUGH - WART - COUGH
COUGH - ALL CHARACTERS SANS TOADSWORTH, PINATAS, AND NOKIS IN SMS - COUGH
Nobody who only appeared in one game can really be said to have been phased out. There have been characters to be phased out though, like the Koopalings(nice to have 'em back, too). Koopa Kid does appear to have been phased out(finally!), but he was specific to one spin-off series and only got phased out in favour of a nearly identical character who had popped up in the main series since his introduction, none of these things can be said of Waluigi.

Also, you listed pretty much everyone from Sunshine.

Master Koopakid said:
KingBooWarioSir said:
Marwikedor said:
Mario4Ever said:
Er, you do realize...

COUGH - WART - COUGH
Koopa Kid wasn't really phased out. It was actually Hudson's decision. Also Wart wasn't even from the Mario series. He's from Doki Doki Panic. And RPG charaters not appearing in other games is probably due to the company who made the game.
Yeah Square owns the rights to ever major character in Super Mario RPG

Mariomario64 said:
Rant time.

Wait, so they bring back Rosalina and add Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler, and even that Queen Bee thing, but remove Waluigi? Seriously,
WTF NINTENDO?

Hey, don't mess with Rosalina. She's a million times better character than Waluigi.

Yeah, a million NEGATIVE times better a character than Waluigi. :waluigi:

I'm not saying that Rosalina is a bad character, I'm just saying. I actually use her like half the time in Mario Kart Wii :P

FMGBASKFH said:
Mariomario64 said:
Rant time.

Wait, so they bring back Rosalina and add Metal Mario, Lakitu, Wiggler, and even that Queen Bee thing, but remove Waluigi? Seriously,
WTF NINTENDO?

Hey, don't mess with Rosalina. She's a million times better character than Waluigi.

They're both equally good, as far as I'm concerned.

Back