Mario games that fill you with rage

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Mario4Ever
Pretty self-explanatory...what Mario games fill you with rage while you play them? An example of mine is Super Mario Bros. I'm in World 6 and cannot for the life of me get past the castle. Doesn't help that 9/10 times, Mario won't fucking jump over the Firebars (or I'll lose a life because of those damn hammers). Even more pathetic is that I'm stuck in the same damn world in All-Stars.

The first 2 levels of World 8 in Super Mario Bros.. THIS LEVEL IS COMPLETELY SCARCE OF POWERUPS WHATSOEVER. :mad:.

[quote author=Thread title]Mario games that fill you with rage[/quote]

If anyone seriously gets that angry over a Mario game, they should be taken to a mental hospital so they can get help with their anger issues.

Seriously, try playing games like Halo on Legendary mode and pretty much every single Nintendo game will look easy.

World 8-3 in Super Mario Bros. would probably tick me off the most, since without a Fire Flower, avoiding those Hammer Bros. is quite tough. And of course, World 8-4 has another Hammer Bro that you must avoid before reaching Bowser.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, specifically chapter 7.
Specifically, Fahr Outpost.
Specifically, finding General Bobory or whatever his name was.

Dr. Javelin said:
[quote author=Thread title]Mario games that fill you with rage

If anyone seriously gets that angry over a Mario game, they should be taken to a mental hospital so they can get help with their anger issues.

Seriously, try playing games like Halo on Legendary mode and pretty much every single Nintendo game will look easy.
[/quote]
Your point is inherently stupid since you are comparing the difficulty of a shooter to the difficulty of a platformer series.

Also Lost Levels, you lose.

The Lost Levels.

It is not a difficult game. It is a cheap game. It is a frustrating game. It is a game that is purposely designed to kill you repeatedly. That's not good or clever stage design. The original SMB is a challenging game, but in a good way. Lost Levels isn't.

And though I'm not really seeing it in this particular thread, I always see people saying "This game needs to have Lost Levels difficulty!" about every new Mario game. No, no game does. You do not need to brag about being a masochist because you memorized the stages and obstacles in The Lost Levels, because quite frankly, most people do NOT want to play a game like that.

There's are reasons the original SMB is revered as such a legendary game beyond just "It came first". It had masterful level design and rewarding challenge. I can't say that about The Lost Levels.

Smugleaf said:
The Lost Levels.

It is not a difficult game. It is a cheap game. It is a frustrating game. It is a game that is purposely designed to kill you repeatedly. That's not good or clever stage design. The original SMB is a challenging game, but in a good way. Lost Levels isn't.

And though I'm not really seeing it in this particular thread, I always see people saying "This game needs to have Lost Levels difficulty!" about every new Mario game. No, no game does. You do not need to brag about being a masochist because you memorized the stages and obstacles in The Lost Levels, because quite frankly, most people do NOT want to play a game like that.

There's are reasons the original SMB is revered as such a legendary game beyond just "It came first". It had masterful level design and rewarding challenge. I can't say that about The Lost Levels.

^this

I can't get past 2-1.

Tanooki ToxBox said:
Yes, I cannot wait for it and SMB 8-2, it is hard to get past

At least that level has a 1-up Mushroom that you can get.

Mario4Ever said:
Smugleaf said:
The Lost Levels.

^this

I can't get past 2-1.

I actually completed that game without using ANY warp zones. With enough experience and patience, even The Lost Levels can be mere child's play.

SMG 2 - Perfect Run
I died so many times but I never got a game over because of the 1-Up Mushroom Epic Nitwit said.

Pandapowah said:
SMG 2 - Perfect Run
I died so many times but I never got a game over because of the 1-Up Mushroom Epic Nitwit said.

I had a rough time with The Perfect Run too, and like you, despite the rough event, no Game Overs whatsoever.

Galaxy 2 is giving me a hard time as well (when I say this, I mean the World S levels). However, my case is much different than the hard times you guys have as I am still stuck on the Stone Cyclone Galaxy level (ugh, all those thwomps). I wonder how long it will take me to reach the Perfect Run level if I am finding the SCG level hard. :P

I heated the Stone Cyclone Galaxy.

Funnily enough, I found the Stone Cyclone's comet mission easier than the original. The only other I can think of in the entire series that was like that was Bowser Jr.'s third galaxy mission. The Daredevil there is horribly easy for some reason. And yes, the Perfect Run is a masochist's dream.

Back