Mario games that fill you with rage

I can't believe no one mentioned Mario Kart Wii. That game is, like, infamous for its item abuse.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2's Perfect Run and Stone Cyclone Galaxy is just plain stupid.

MnSG said:
Pandapowah said:
SMG 2 - Perfect Run
I died so many times but I never got a game over because of the 1-Up Mushroom Epic Nitwit said.

I had a rough time with The Perfect Run too, and like you, despite the rough event, no Game Overs whatsoever.

I wish I could be on that boat, but I had some Game Overs because of that mission...don't recall how many, but when I finally finished the game, my death total was over 800.

Baby Luigi said:
I can't believe no one mentioned Mario Kart Wii. That game is, like, infamous for its item abuse.

Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2's Perfect Run and Stone Cyclone Galaxy is just plain stupid.
OMG I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS. Whenever I play Mario Kart Wii, I always get item raped. Even worse, I don't get warnings from items or I only get them at the very last second. It's like the game hates me :(

As for SMG2, I probably attempted at least 30 times on both the Perfect Run and Stone Cyclone Galaxy.

Stone Cyclone is easy if you know Tox Boxes's moves and The Perfect Run is a challenges of all game elements in it

Ah yes, Mario Kart Wii and its stupid Spiny Shell + POW Block + Thunderbolt + Blooper + Another Spiny Shell + Thunder Cloud + Red Shell + Green Shell for the LOLz combo. Totally forgot about that one.

Mario4Ever said:
I wish I could be on that boat, but I had some Game Overs because of that mission...don't recall how many, but when I finally finished the game, my death total was over 800.

800? I lost nearly 200 lives when I got all 242 stars. Some of the life losses were on purpose though.

Ah yes, Mario Kart Wii and its stupid Spiny Shell + POW Block + Thunderbolt + Blooper + Another Spiny Shell + Thunder Cloud + Red Shell + Green Shell for the LOLz combo. Totally forgot about that one.

MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:

800? I lost nearly 200 lives when I got all 242 stars. Some of the life losses were on purpose though.

Yeah, I had a rough time with that game (mainly with the Chimp (definitely my least favorite character in the series to date) and World S (damn Mario Squared Galaxy), aside from the occasional fuck-up...almost lost my voice that summer (played it all July of last year or so)).

Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:

Yeah, I had a rough time with that game (mainly with the Chimp (definitely my least favorite character in the series to date) and World S (damn Mario Squared Galaxy), aside from the occasional *bleep*-up...almost lost my voice that summer (played it all July of last year or so)).
The Chimp wasn't THAT bad... And you know that the Mario Squared is nothing compared to the horror of LUIGI'S PURPLE COINS!!!!! Also, there's certain Green Stars that are essentially "jump off a cliff and hope you hit the star", and those drive me crazy.

Herr Shyguy said:
Dr. Javelin said:
[quote author=Thread title]Mario games that fill you with rage

If anyone seriously gets that angry over a Mario game, they should be taken to a mental hospital so they can get help with their anger issues.

Seriously, try playing games like Halo on Legendary mode and pretty much every single Nintendo game will look easy.
Your point is inherently stupid since you are comparing the difficulty of a shooter to the difficulty of a platformer series.

Also Lost Levels, you lose.
[/quote]
Eh, it still gave me more trouble.

But the Lost Levels... you have a good point there.

Bop1996 said:
Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:

Yeah, I had a rough time with that game (mainly with the Chimp (definitely my least favorite character in the series to date) and World S (damn Mario Squared Galaxy), aside from the occasional *bleep*-up...almost lost my voice that summer (played it all July of last year or so)).
The Chimp wasn't THAT bad... And you know that the Mario Squared is nothing compared to the horror of LUIGI'S PURPLE COINS!!!!! Also, there's certain Green Stars that are essentially "jump off a cliff and hope you hit the star", and those drive me crazy.

Yes, the Chimp WAS that bad (I based my Mario Wiki account password on how much I despised him). I fucking hate Luigi's Purple Coins...one of the reasons I haven't finished Galaxy 1 (along with Snow Cap Galaxy's rabbit-chasing mission and other purple coin shit). The Green Stars were a cakewalk compared to those.

The two that have already repeatedly been mentioned: The Perfect Run (although it's a level, not a game) and SMB2.

Also, I agree with everyone who hates The Chimp. He is the sole reason I haven't beaten SMG2 yet.

The Chimp wasn't that bad for my tastes. He may have given Mario odd tasks, but they weren't impossible to pull off.

MnSG said:
The Chimp wasn't that bad for my tastes. He may have given Mario odd tasks, but they weren't impossible to pull off.

I guess, but there's just this one Chimp level that I CANNOT DO for some reason. ;__;

The Chimp is easy. And as for Stone Cyclone Galaxy, the only major problem I had there was the first green star. And there was one Green star that I thought was "Walk of the edge and hope you get it" but then I remembered the Homing Stomp.

MnSG said:

Not impossible, but not easy in my opinion, and certainly not fun.

Epic Nitwit said:
The Chimp is easy. And as for Stone Cyclone Galaxy, the only major problem I had there was the first green star. And there was one Green star that I thought was "Walk of the edge and hope you get it" but then I remembered the Homing Stomp.

The Stone Cyclone Galaxy was extremely hard for me. Mostly because I was impatient and tried skipping parts of the level by Long Jumping.

Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:

Yeah the only fun and easy one was the Bowling challenge

Mario Strikers Charged. Nuff said.

I was fortunate to beat the Striker Cup in that game. Sadly, I was never able to get all the awards from that cup, which would've unlocked Galactic Stadium.

Yoshidude99 said:
Mario4Ever said:
MnSG said:

Yeah the only fun and easy one was the Bowling challenge

I found the underwater one easy.

Crackin355 said:
The Stone Cyclone Galaxy was extremely hard for me. Mostly because I was impatient and tried skipping parts of the level by Long Jumping.

Yeah, I tried that too. That would be the only reason the normal star wasn't all that easy.

Back