Mario games that fill you with rage

Mario Strikers charged, which can get ungodly difficult.

Also, if it counts, Donkey Kong Country Returns, not because it´s bad per se, but because it´s difficulty and stage design are based heavily on memorization, and I loathe having to die over and over to memorize hazards and being able to react to them beforehand.

Has anyone else mentioned Mario Kart Wii yet? The game is fun but it can be really irritating at times.

Sling Pod Galaxy

It feels like a sudden death, try to get to the next sticky thing. Every time I play though SMG, I always look forward to this the least. About a good 20% (or more) of my 1000+ deaths where on this level.

Skull Kid said:
Sling Pod Galaxy

It feels like a sudden death, try to get to the next sticky thing. Every time I play though SMG, I always look forward to this the least. About a good 20% (or more) of my 1000+ deaths where on this level.

Well you do need to be careful with the angle of your shots. It's not too hard once you've figured things out.

Donkey Kong Country's Final Boss and that Rocket Barrel Level near the start of the final area. I had to use the Guide thing to beat that Rocket Barrel Level. I was disappoint in my skills to be perfect going through fireballs with hardly enough room for you to move between.

I just keep dying against Tiki Tong when I first played DKCR,

Skull Kid said:
I just keep dying against Tiki Tong when I first played DKCR,

Ironically, Tiki Tong is an unusually easy last boss. It's in Mirror Mode where things will get rough.

Skull Kid said:
Sling Pod Galaxy

Eh, I dislike the "Blow up rubbish" missions more.

Don't get me started on that Deadnought minigame, it's just pure luck.

Epic Nitwit said:
Skull Kid said:
Sling Pod Galaxy

Are you talking about the levels where you're stuck in a bubble? They're not so hard to complete on my end.

MnSG said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Skull Kid said:
Sling Pod Galaxy

Are you talking about the levels where you're stuck in a bubble? They're not so hard to complete on my end.

No, I mean that blow up the rubbish/trash with bombs.

Skull Kid said:
Don't get me started on that Deadnought minigame, it's just pure luck.

Well, no, it's not. You just have to be fast enough and know where to put your bombs.

It's not really luck, it's more trial and error (since you have to judge how far the bombs need to be thrown to land on the yellow markers). Doesn't make it any more enjoyable, though.

Luigi's Purple Coins of the first Super Mario Galaxy and the blue shells in Mario Kart.

As for the Sling Pod Galaxy, it may be vexxing, but it does give you tons of lives to make it through.

Mario4Ever said:
It's not really luck, it's more trial and error (since you have to judge how far the bombs need to be thrown to land on the yellow markers). Doesn't make it any more enjoyable, though.

At least you don't lose lives for failing. Losing in races is much less forgiving to you.

Mario Kart 64's CPUs annoy me to no end

MnSG said:
Mario4Ever said:

At least you don't lose lives for failing. Losing in races is much less forgiving to you.

As are many Purple Coin missions (such as the one on the Dreadnought)

Gearmo: You missed one! Bye!
*Mario dies*
:mad:

Perfect Run.

I died sixty times.

Sixty.

Then I ragequitted.

Then I never played the game again.

Pyro said:
Perfect Run.

I died sixty times.

Sixty.

Then I ragequitted.

That's it? My death count for The Perfect Run has to be at least 100. Even so, I finished it, and I never felt more accomplished in my life (as far as gaming goes).

Lario said:
Luigi's Purple Coins of the first Super Mario Galaxy and the blue shells in Mario Kart.

As for the Sling Pod Galaxy, it may be vexxing, but it does give you tons of lives to make it through.
How Blue Shell are unavoidable irritates me. I know you can avoid it with Mushrooms and Stars but you never get Stars in 1st place and Mushrooms are VERY rare. Holding a mushroom could also lead you vulnerable to Red Shells.

I think that the chances of you getting a mushroom in 1st vary depending what course you're in. Like I've gotten them more often on the Bowser Castles than any other stage. IDK if it's just me though. I usually save my mushrooms whenever I have them in first, but there's always a POW Block/Lightning or the blue shell comes at the wrong location(like if you're going to be in mid-air).

Exactly! It is annoying. I heard from comments on a Youtube video, you can get Mushrooms in 1st place after you have used 15 items from item boxes and I think Bowser Castles usually has a lot of item boxes in it.

Super Mario 3D Land

Special world 4 airship that I fight lot of hammer bros then Boom Boom with spiked floor then Pom Pom with donut lifts

Mario4Ever said:
Pyro said:
Perfect Run.

I died sixty times.

Sixty.

Then I ragequitted.

That's it? My death count for The Perfect Run has to be at least 100. Even so, I finished it, and I never felt more accomplished in my life (as far as gaming goes).

I think my death count was maybe 160. I had 99 Lives to begin with, I was down to 5 when I found out that at the Cloud electric part, if you cloud jump high to the left, theres a 1-up, so I could stay alive without a game over. I have never felt more accomplished either. It is by far the hardest thing i've ever played.

MnSG said:
Epic Nitwit said:
Skull Kid said:
Sling Pod Galaxy

The second one is

Back