Mario games that fill you with rage

Were you going to write something with that?

I dont really think the Bubble Missions are hard. The ones with Bullet bill's chasing you are just nerve racking, thats all.

Mario Party 7. The Bowser time every 5 turns was stupid and it's mini-games just filled me with rage. Well I rarely play it anymore, but back then, I just found losing stars/coins every 5 turns was bs.

Yoshi8984 said:
Mario Party 7. The Bowser time every 5 turns was stupid and it's mini-games just filled me with rage. Well I rarely play it anymore, but back then, I just found losing stars/coins every 5 turns was bs.

I bet the computers are doing way worse than you ;)

That I can say, Perfect Run was hard to pass (I hate you Hammer Bros.), the Lost Levels, SMB3 World 8, get 100 coins in Tick Tock Clock. But the only moment that I practically cried with rage was the Mario Party 2 Mini-game Coaster in hard mode. That's freaking hard to pass...

Mario Sports Mix.

Special Rule Match: In dodgeball the opposing team has 300 health and 10 coins!!

What about Bob-omb dodge in the Star Cup (star path levels)? These matches are especially difficult when you are doing 2 player as you and the second player share the same health bar.

My sister and I were completely stuck on these matches. Eventually we decided to just do 1 player just to beat this level.

Propeller Toad said:
What about Bob-omb dodge in the Star Cup (star path levels)? These matches are especially difficult when you are doing 2 player as you and the second player share the same health bar.

My sister and I were completely stuck on these matches. Eventually we decided to just do 1 player just to beat this level.

We were frustrated by that! We had the same problem! Wasn't it the big bob-ombs causing everything? :mad:

We retried it plenty of times, but we eventually made it through and realized that we took an OPTIONAL path. Blah.

Donkey Kong gave us good luck on that Bob-omb Dodge Match. I mean, Bob-omb Dodge 1 is hard enough. Bob-omb Dodge 2? Ugh.

Propeller Toad said:

Oh God! I hated having to go trough that part and what got me mad is after you lost you have to start over.

Pandapowah said:
Propeller Toad said:

Oh God! I hated having to go trough that part and what got me mad is after you lost you have to start over.

LGM and I cheated, though. We reset our Wiis every time we lost.

Luckily, there weren't any Strikers Charged mechanics charging that our team cheated or something.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Mario Sports Mix.

Special Rule Match: In dodgeball the opposing team has 300 health and 10 coins!!

That was a very fun match for me, The other matches werent challenging.

We were frustrated by that! We had the same problem! Wasn't it the big bob-ombs causing everything?

We retried it plenty of times, but we eventually made it through and realized that we took an OPTIONAL path. Blah.

Yes, those big bob-ombs as well as the occasional bob-ombs that hit you in the corners were the ones that took our health down pretty fast. The CPUs were also pretty annoying when they screwed up your escape plan by attacking you as well when you reached a corner (I eventually learned that it was better to just keep running around as opposed to hiding out in the corners). Surprisingly, the CPUs were actually pretty good here as they rarely got out unless one attacked them.

Also same thing happened with us after defeating it finally. We thought that we would get something...you know...a bit better than just finding out that it was just an optional path....

It was just the whole aspect of sharing the same health bar that really made this match pretty difficult.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Mario Sports Mix.

I've seen worse than that...

Winning a match without taking ANY damage is a bigger challenge, but the opponents are handicapped so that they're immediately out when damaged.

Another brutal challenge (in Hockey) is...

Score 50 points before your opponent; opponent starts with a 25-point lead. This challenge is ALWAYS held on Bowser Jr. Blvd., but those Shy Guy goalies always make sure that you'll fail the task.

Of course, any high pressure challenge can be quite tough to beat if you're not careful.

Wargreymon said:
That I can say, Perfect Run was hard to pass (I hate you Hammer Bros.), the Lost Levels, SMB3 World 8, get 100 coins in Tick Tock Clock. But the only moment that I practically cried with rage was the Mario Party 2 Mini-game Coaster in hard mode. That's freaking hard to pass...

OH-MY-FREAKING-GOD, how could I have forgotten this?! It's FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. I nearly cried in anger after I beat Mecha-Marathon (which is purely based on luck when you play on Hard mode) and I beat every single mini-game after that, only to be defeated by stupid Wario in Platform Peril, just for a milisecond of difference. I said I would never try again.

FMGBASKFH said:
Wargreymon said:

OH-MY-FREAKING-GOD, how could I have forgotten this?! It's *bleep*ING IMPOSSIBLE. I nearly cried in anger after I beat Mecha-Marathon (which is purely based on luck when you play on Hard mode) and I beat every single mini-game after that, only to be defeated by stupid Wario in Platform Peril, just for a milisecond of difference. I said I would never try again.

All that, just to be able to buy Battle minigames? No thanks.

Stone Cyclone Galaxy filled me with rage, and I haven't even tried its comet mission yet.

FMGBASKFH said:
OH-MY-FREAKING-GOD, how could I have forgotten this?! It's *bleep*ING IMPOSSIBLE. I nearly cried in anger after I beat Mecha-Marathon (which is purely based on luck when you play on Hard mode) and I beat every single mini-game after that, only to be defeated by stupid Wario in Platform Peril, just for a milisecond of difference. I said I would never try again.

Yeah, Mecha-Marathon is a pain to beat... I only was able to beat the mini-game coaster on Wii VC Mario Party, because when I was 12 it was so hard that I give up too. :P

Wargreymon said:
FMGBASKFH said:

Yeah, Mecha-Marathon is a pain to beat... I only was able to beat the mini-game coaster on Wii VC Mario Party, because when I was 12 it was so hard that I give up too. :P

I actually made it to World 7 when I last played the Mini-Game Coaster. However, I'm not a very fast button tapper, which made Mecha-Marathon a pain. Of course, Hot Rope Jump is even worse, because you have to jump 50 times to win, and I've never been able to survive for that long.

In fact, button tapping hasn't exactly been my strongest point in video games. For one example, in Star Fox Adventures, there was only one part in that game that ticked me off, which was The Test of Strength. I couldn't beat MuscleFoot at all, but somehow, my sister was able to beat him for me. After that part, everything else was smooth sailing.

In Twilight Princess, the Ganondorf battle has that chance feature, which involves button tapping. However, the button tapping is less extreme in that game, which made it possible for me to win the chance.

Sorry if I went off-topic, but I was just explaining how the button tapping events are often a pain for my thumbs.

Back