I just beat __

LEGO Jurassic World 100% a second time.

Eren Jäger said:
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

better than the first one
Me too and I agree, which is saying something considering how impressed i was with the first one.

That entire fight with Junko was amazing. She's a really good villain.

Also I'm still CRYING how my top 5 favorite characters were all the KILLERS. Like how does that EVEN HAPPEN?

Professor Layton and the Curious Village. A game that took 6 years to beat but not for the reasons you might think. But yeah just a well polished game with really good puzzles. I have 38 puzzles to go before i 100% it.

Today I've beat

140871_front.jpg

Ace Combat Joint Assault is a spin-off of the Ace Combat series. Joint Assault's big gimmick was that it is the first Ace Combat game since the very obscure arcade games to be set in the real world instead of the constructed "Strangereal" setting of the much-loved PS2 installments, a change kept in the two following games and one many fans did not take kindly to. The Tom Clancy-on crack plot deals with the conflict between a PMC the player is part of and a group of high-tech Romanian terrorists, featuring the lame and bizarre plot twist that the main villain's plan is an insurance scam though I did like the cackling, Star Wolf-esque rival team.

Joint Assault's big problem is that the mission design is kinda lackluster. The game can't decide if missions should be sparsely-populated and padded by dead air or amusingly cruel. All too often missions have very few enemies and minute-longs intervals where there's nothing to do. On the "amusingly cruel" end, one mission has you fighting two synchronized airships who take an assload of punishment and turn like a regular fighter plane would. It's kinda schizo, is what I'm saying.

On the plus side, the game does feature a welcome focus on customisability. The previous handheld Ace Combat (X: Skies of Deception) introduced the concept of tuning planes with unlockable parts, but this was limited to a tiny selection of fictional planes. Now tuning is open to all planes on the rosters, and for the first time since 2000's Ace Combat 3, you can unlock different types of regular missiles, not *just* special weapons. Even then, the process is very grindy as unlocking the ability to purchase all 8 weapons available for a plane require completing 7 missions with it.

The game has the occassional flash of excitement and the Ace Combat basics are solid enough it's still a fun rompt. Ultimately Joint Assault is a completely inoffensive entry in the Ace Combat canon

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

I mostly loved it, but jesus christ was the story a mess

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

First time replaying it after four years (Yeesh), I used to be partially disappointed by the game because I found the endgame and final "boss" pretty meh. But I have since mellowed a bit and have obtained a newfound appreciation for it on this second playthrough.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Specifically, I've gotten 100% because it's my collector's instinct kicking in. Glad I did, because apparently the best ending requires collecting all the Dark Magic. The ending certainly got into a brighter note, and I guess the worse ending is not as cheery based on what I've read.

One thing the game provides are lots and lots of items, but I never used most of them, except the recovery ones. I've watch the speed run, and it's amazing how there are certain items I should have used in certain situations since they are certainly more useful in them. Only critique I have with the speed run is that they play with "Pirate Mode", which is the New Game Plus of this game, because I would like to see how a Normal run plays.

After finishing this, it's going to be Risky's Revenge next, and then the GBC game. Basically completing the older games, similar to what I did after finishing Stealth Inc. 2.

Thanks for reading.

Pokemon Y.

Since Kalos didn't leave much of a impression on me back in 2013, I decided to revisit it.

My friends in Golf With Your Friends.

It was their first time playing and I completely annihilated them 2/3 rounds. It was a good time.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

man, I just love this series. I'm sad to see the Sky trilogy end but ecstatic to play the following games. Moving to a new protagonist for the third game in a trilogy was an interesting move but I think they pulled it off wonderfully.

The ending was great, I cooled off a little after I curbstomped the final boss but the final dungeon and the ending were nice, letting you use all the characters for the finale, the music not being interrupted by encounters and the treasure chest messages no longer chiding you for stealing their content but egging you on to keep going. Unfortunately a combination of Grail Sphere, Zodiac and two of the best characters in the game made the final boss fight end with it only hitting me once for about 20% of a characters health. I vastly overestimated how difficult it would be. It was a very pretty fight though. I'll have to try it on Hard, or Nightmare if I feel like torturing myself.

Music was amazing as always.

I think I'll play Cold Steel next. The ending of 3rd definitely lends itself to the playing Zero and Ao next since they directly follow up things for a few characters in this game but they aren't in english and won't be for a long time if at all. I'll miss the chest messages, this one will always be my favourite.

Teslagrad (Wii U)

Beaten it last Saturday, and based on the time I beat this game, it took me 3 days to do it: first day to try this game out, and the next two are Friday and Saturday. Which is to say that this game is not that long. The only long part is to search for all the collectibles required to get the best ending.

It's a very good game with nice artwork, and is also somewhat challenging where I had trouble at certain parts. One annoying thing is that bosses require going through the process again when the character dies, which is a problem for the final boss, which takes longer than the rest.

Can't wait to see what the spiritual successor has in store.

Thanks for reading.

100%ed Tropical Freeze.

Great game, want more.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

Finished Omega Ruby back in 2015, so it was about time that I got around to doing this as well. On a unrelated note, who in the blue blazes is Aster?

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for at LEAST the third time.

I honestly keep forgetting just how great of a game Path of Radiance is. Truthfully, if not for its sequel, Radiant Dawn, this would probably be my all-time favorite video game, hands down. It's just so much fun and so rewarding.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

what a fucking crazy last 1-2 hours, I'd still consider the final dungeon/boss to be before all the shit hits the fan but the last fight still pretty crazy even though it's completely different from what you've done in the last 60 hours, throw an entirely new battle mechanic at me in the last 20 minutes of the game lmao.

good game, I think Sky had better writing and characters but this one still really clicked with me. All I've been doing this past week is sleep, work and play this game.

I couldn't even imagine what waiting for Cold Steel II after seeing that ending would be like, I already knew the biggest reveals and I was still caught off guard by a lot of the smaller details.

Back