The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

Herr Shyguy said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
I'd rate it up there with Prime 2: Echoes
Echoes was profoundly mediocre.
I subscribe to the Metroidking school of Metroid-ology, so I have a differing opinion. For the sake of comparison tho, Prime 1 is close in my mind, so it's not much different to me.

I would call it the best zelda game that I've played.

The first one I was really interested in. The rest I got maybe a couple months after release, but this one I got preordered since my expectations were high. And they were met.

I did say the next dungeon (Ancient Cistern) wasn't dreadul. My favourite part of that dungeon is the latter half

I didn't like the Mining Facility one much either. Skyview & Earth Temple were good and so was Ancient Cistern, but the Mining Facility, it just, felt tedious. Damn them Moving Time Stone Minecarts.

It was painfully annoying, I do agree there.

Finished Ancient Cistern and got Nayru's Widom (wowee, after Farore's Courage, I totally never saw that coming). The second half of the Ancient Cistern was totally beast, and even the difficult parts were the good kind of hard, where your failure seemed only your fault and not the game's fault (unlike some games...). The temple really flowed well, and its intricacies were well worth exploring. My only fault I give them was only using the "Top, bottom, left, right" clue once to unlock one slightly significant door that only lead to a small key. The Whip is a great item, one of the best thus far, and uses the Motion Plus accessory excellently. Koloktos was my favorite boss fight thus far behind Ghirahim, and that giant sword pwnage was utterly brilliant. It did take me quite a while to figure out his attack pattern in the scond phase of the fight, so I had to use a heart potion or two. I am keeping up with the sidequests, so it isn't as hard as it could be, probably tho. I'm looking forward to the Clawshots (yeah, I had to spoil that one, since they're among my favorites in the series), and the game has me hooked still. Oh yeah, and Ghirahim seems totally in control of the situation. Just one question: do the Blessed wall things do anything really useful at all (aside from that one Gorko is by), or are they just for show, so to speak?

Blessed walls? You mean the walls with butterflies and you play the harp,then raise your sword skyward and draw what you want, e.g. Rupees or hearts.
Also, I got farore's courage in the ancient cistern, can you do any of the 3 temples in order?

Yes, I mean those walls. All I've done is get 3 hearts from them thus far, and they've only shown up when I didn't need them. Farore's Courage is the song you play to access Faron Woods' Silent Realm, and Nayru's Wisdom is what you play to open the one in Lanayru Desert. Farore's Flame was at the end of the Ancient Cistern, and it powered up Link's sword way more than I expected...

Ooooooh, You were talking about the song, I thought you were talking about the flame. Just wait for the Volcano Silent Realm, that one is haaaaaard. Took me 2 tries, and the first try I was running around like a scared little girl from those creepy as shit guardians.

Eldin Volcano is a huge maze, basically... Don't wanna get lost in there. I can find my way around Lanayru Desert quite well due to the sinksand and stuff, but the Volcano was the most linear of all the areas, and that doesn't bode well for Silent Realm levels....

There were times I found it impossible to avoid the lantern ghost things. It's so nerve racking those places. I had a little trouble in the desert, but the dungeon that comes up more than makes up for it. Definetely my favourite dungeon.

Any dungeon that uses the Clawshots has to be a good dungeon. The Double Clawshots were the sole reason I enjoyed TP's Palace of Twilight and a good portion of the reason why the City in the Sky was so awesome. Now I'm really looking forward to it... What element is the dungeon, anyway?

Err... It doesn't really have an element from what I remember, but it does have a theme, but saying that theme would give away the dungeon name. Also watch out for the boss. It's a Bitch. Like, Really, It's second phase is near undodgeable.

Well, if you Z-targeted Koloktos' second phase, its sword slam attack was undodgeable too... I'm going to come into the battle with 13 or 14 hearts and 3 bottles full of heart potion (maybe powered up if I can manage the insects), so I should be as prepared as possible... I really wanna use the Clawshots to excess...

Yeah, but the second part of the boss is crazy hard. I did find a strategy but it involved alot of falling and using an item super quickly as I got back up. Also, sadly, Clawshots don't get used very often :/

It is quite awesome.

Finished the Lanayru Desert Silent Realm. Only two moments of alarm. Number one was that one by the minecart in Waking Water; failed heavily first attempt and wound up playing run around with 6 of those floating Guardians before grabbing the Tear. The second incident was that tear you have to dodge the lantern ghosts on that narrow ledge near the north to grab; I wound up purposefully triggering them and the cutscene at an opportune moment so that the Lantern Ghosts wouldn't activate after grabbing the tear. Made it to the exit without trouble and grabbed the Clawshots. Now for some sidequest junk before exploring whatever leads to Nayru's Flame (just guessing on the name here, but it seems kinda obvious).

The Waking Water near the Minecart took me by surprise. The water hadn't risen yet and I went and started to push it and then it rose like a trap and I was chased. I did a big circle then pushed it and grabbed the tear quickly. And yes, It is quite obvious it'll be Nayru's Flame

Well, after wasting too much time trying to get that stupid rattle in the nest, I did make it to Lanayru Sand Sea. I can't figure out how to dive forward; does it use the infrared sensor in the Wii remote or the Motion Plus gyroscope and accelerometer? It seemed calibrated and everything, so it wasn't the technical side of things. I'll be going into the next temple with thirteen hearts, and a fairy, and two bottles of heart potion, so I should be fine for this well-reputed boss.

Dive forward? What?

also, that boss might seem easy at first but just wait. Maybe I played the boss wrong, since I was on the offensive. But I was also very annoyed because it was so cheap.

As in after you dive, you lean forward to gain more distance forward on your jump. If a normal dive doesn't get far enough in the upward direction on the screen while diving, it seems impossible to lean forward to gain distance.

NSM: You've made a good decision.

After some experimenting, I wound up raising the Wii Remote so I was pointing it down a good deal, but still pointed on the bottom of the screen. This worked quite well, and I managed to get that stupid rattle. I've made it through to the Sandship's mini-boss without much trouble, but Sercvo got me caught against the spiked wall, and I got my butt kicked because I couldn't dodge his attacks at all. 'Twas my first game over in a Zelda game since a certain ReDead in OoT got on me by surprise and just took all my health. First real game over where it seemed a fair fight and not a cheap trick in Zelda for me period I believe, since those early Shadow Beasts in TP are rigged sometimes...

Back