The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

Crackin355 said:
Actually, The Water Dragon Scale doesnt spell an annoying water level. the closest thing to a Water Temple is the next dungeon, but once you go through it, it really isnt that bad. And just so you know, theres more silent realms. Much harder ones. In one of them I was constantly running away since I'd always get spotted, heard, seen or just run out of time.

Skydiving and flying is actually really boring. Flap until your at sun level and dive super fast downwards and thats all you have to do to go a big distance, so I found myself constantly doing that.
The Silent Realm thing is kinda obvious (three regions, three flames, three goddesses, three Silent Realm levels, etc.), but yeah, I hate to imagine Lanayru Desert in Silent Realm. And a big sigh of relief as to the Water Temple thing; now I'm not dreading it.

I don't want to spoil it for you but I'll give a partially useless hint. Something you said was wrong. I was worried about the dungeon too.

Crackin355 said:
I don't want to spoil it for you but I'll give a partially useless hint. Something you said was wrong. I was worried about the dungeon too.
That was predictable... But yeah, the main thing to do is keep playing... Now I'm petrified with fear about the dungeon...

Well, as long as I can accurately use the Scale, I should be covered, right?

Then I'm toast

Alright, thanks for the tips.

Garndorf? I have never heard of such a character in a Zelda game.

No, but the game explains a little of why Ganondorf exists (although that's not until the very very very end of the game).

Yoshidude99 said:

A quote from [insert Final Boss's name here]:
An incarnation of my hatred shall ever follow your kind, dooming them to wander a blood-soaked sea of darkness for all time!

How the hell was she supposed to know you wanted to spoil the game for yourself.

Usually people want to play it for themselves instead of people writing and ruining the game for people.

Yeah, there's something that happens near the end of the game that I read about before I played the game. I wish I hadn't read about it because then that part of the game would have been way more interesting.

Yeah, that happened to me, so when it happened I wasn't really surprised. Although, the rest of the game was surprises and stuff.

CharizardLover said:
Crackin355 said:
I kinda wished they'd make another game like this without ganondorf. He get's old sometimes.

They should bring back Veran from the Oracle of Ages. She's the only evil female villain in the entire series.
Oracle of Ages was great, IMO.

Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Crackin355 said:
I kinda wished they'd make another game like this without ganondorf. He get's old sometimes.

They should bring back Veran from the Oracle of Ages. She's the only evil female villain in the entire series.
I totally agree. For a Game Boy Color game, it was spectacular. I just beat it a few weeks ago, just after Thanksgiving break.

CharizardLover said:
Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Crackin355 said:

I totally agree. For a Game Boy Color game, it was spectacular. I just beat it a few weeks ago, just after Thanksgiving break.
I got it when I was a really little kid and I couldn't figure out how to beat it. I later figured out what to do.

Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Crackin355 said:

I got it when I was a really little kid and I couldn't figure out how to beat it. I later figured out what to do.
Actually this game is the very first Zelda game I completed, which is stupid, but the truth. Which this game isn't to far off from my first Zelda experience, which is Link's Awakening.

CharizardLover said:
Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Ultraluigi said:
CharizardLover said:
Crackin355 said:

Actually this game is the very first Zelda game I completed, which is stupid, but the truth. Which this game isn't to far off from my first Zelda experience, which is Link's Awakening.
I got Link's Awakening for my Game Boy. However, that was in 2009.

Inside the Ancient Cistern now. Thus far, I'm really liking how they're bringing back certain elements from earlier in the game and changing them so they are more challenging. Skyview Temple 2.0 was totally beast, and the triple Stalfos fight was epicness. I was pleasantly surprised to see how my assumption that there was something I could do underwater in some of those rooms was correct, and having to re-find a key was interesting. The Water Dragon's Scale is the single most intuitive swimming item in all of Zelda, and I really haven't had any problems with it thus far; it's even smoother than Zora Link, and that's saying something. The giant underwater fish in Lake Floria was severely underwhelming, given that I just swam up to it and hit it in the head, and that was it. The Blessed Wall mechanic is somewhat confusing, but bears interesting features that will probably be worth exploring. The Ancient Cistern seems to have less complexity in terms of navigation compared to most water-themed temples, but it has been quite fun to swim and explore with the Scale and Whip. The Stalmaster is one of the more memorable mini-bosses thus far, and greatly outstrips any from TP, all except Dark Link from OoT, and most from MM. I quit after grabbing the map, but the game just keeps getting more awesome every minute.
[/walloftext]

It would take some serious failure in the rest of the game for me not to pronounce it best Zelda game ever. It defines motion controls for the Wii, and is in my short list of best experiences in video gaming ever. I'd rate it up there with Prime 2: Echoes, SMG2, and Chrono Trigger. I think that this is a must-buy if you own a wii. If you have ever played another Zelda game and liked it, then you must buy a wii and this game. It is a can't-miss experience.

Back