The Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword 25th Anniversary Edition

Yeah the text boxes were a bit hard for me to read but I dismissed it as me having a bad TV.

I found the text boxes easy, but that might be because of the size of my tv.

I really liked Zelda's personality and I actually wanted to save her unlike the past Zelda games.

And after the second dungeon where Impa goes all bitchy on Links ass, that made me feel sorry for Link.

I liked Zelda's personality when it wasn't actually like usual Zelda. Once she got the whole cosmic princess of destiny role I kinda hated her and focused on that fortune teller sidequest.

^Even tho her initial personality in the game was the standard, generic "teenage anime love interest" archetype?

Well, I liked it better than aloof princess of destiny still, even though it wasn't much better..

She acted like she wasn't a princess, just like a normal confident person, that's why I liked her personality. And there hasn't really been a game where Zelda had any emotional interest in Link at all, this was nice to see.

Ghirahim's character got worse and worse throughout the game. Only character that beats him for being the worst Zelda character is Zant.

On the note of the Ghirahim battles:

The first one in the first temple was fine. It introduced us to this douche and set out his plans for the rest of the game.

The second fight in Fire Sanctuary, though, that one pissed me off. There was so much wasted potential. I was hoping for the use of the Beetle AND the Mole Mitts since they were never used in a boss battle. I wanted some badass dragon (I actually thought that was going to be the boss of the Eldin Volcano) or some monstrous mole, but nope, this douchebag who basically wanted to marry Link. It made it seem like the creators were lazy and basically uncreative with that portion of the game. Hell, it was essentially the same goddamn battle except with like two new moves.

Also there is absolutely no redeeming quality for Ghirahim. I'm sorry, he was just a teerible character. :-\

On the bosses themselves:

Scaldera was alright.
Moldarach was my personal favorite and fighting him again was just icing on the cake.
Koloktos was my second favorite. Very interesting...
Tentalus just looked flat-out stupid. Probably already heard all over the internet that it belongs in Monsters Inc/ the son of Mike Wazowski and his girlfriend.
Demise was pretty neat. Although I didnt' figure out the lightning trick until I just started goofing off.

I'll post my opinions on the worlds and dungeons afterwards so this won't become another wall of text. (This was like my 3rd mini wall of text today '_' )

Spoiler that text next time, will you?

Anyway, I beat the Skyview Temple, and I have to say, fighting Skulltulas was a BITCH at first. I can't begin to say how how many times I got close to dying just by fighting one of them. Again, it kind of has to do with the new Wii Motion Plus controls and swinging your sword the right way, and making sure it doesn't backfire on you. I got used to fighting them eventually, though, once I figured out what the Hell I was supposed to do.

The Beetle is a fun item, I like using it collect stuff, hit stuff, and go looking out for things.

Fighting Ghirahim was easier than I thought, though that's mostly because I had a strategy guide and knew to fool him with my sword, so that he couldn't catch it. I should also say that I almost broke my shield during this fight, but thankfully it managed to remain intact, and was pivital in helping me defeat Ghirahim for the first time.

After that, I started going on sidequests to help Batreaux, my new favorite character. I just LOVE his design and his demeanor! By the time I collected 10 Gratitude Crystals, thought, it was already 2 AM, so I had to stop.

Smashgoom202 said:
By the time I collected 10 Gratitude Crystals, thought, it was already 2 AM, so I had to stop.

Addict much?

That, AND the clock in the room was broken and I couldn't tell what time it was.

Anyway, I played for a bit earlier today I ran into the first two Mogmas, one of them called himself Ledd. I like these guys, they remind me of Gorons, although instead of being prideful, peaceful rock-eaters, they're more along the lines of tough-guy, gang-like treasure hunters, going on about their "turf" and talking kind of like gangsters to each other. I also like their design, since they're based on moles, and moles are cool.

And since I know my Japanese, I know that their name is based on the Japanese world for mole, "Mogura" (土竜), and mixed with the word "magma". I'd like to see more of this species again in the future! :)

I hit a new milestone:
I upgraded every single one of my items and shields, bought every item in Beadle's Shop, Done all but two sidequests, got all but maybe one or two Goddess Cubes, and I have a max number of Rupees of 5,900. And I'm not even close to beating Hero Mode.

Well, it's gooe that you have all the upgrades... hopefully, it'll make playing the rest of the game that much easier?

Anyway, the Prima guide I have sucks. It said this one chest was Southeast of Skyloft, and I spent a halfhour looking for the rock island It said, but it turns out, it was in the EXACT OPPOSITE direction, that is, northwest! Also, I'm not sure if I did something right. I THOUGH I hit 6 Goddess Cubes, but only 4 appear on the overworld map. The fifth one is in Skyloft, but I can't reach it yet.

See, this is why I never cared for Prima, even if they ARE helpful sometimes.

Also,
Ghirahim wants to resurrect his master? How cliche. He doesn't have much of an onscreen presence, so I have to wonder what's so amazing about his master that he wants to revive him, whoever he is?

I read through the prima guide a little and noticed an online guide would be more detailed. So I put it back.

Smashgoom202 said:
Well, it's gooe that you have all the upgrades... hopefully, it'll make playing the rest of the game that much easier?

Anyway, the Prima guide I have sucks. It said this one chest was Southeast of Skyloft, and I spent a halfhour looking for the rock island It said, but it turns out, it was in the EXACT OPPOSITE direction, that is, northwest! Also, I'm not sure if I did something right. I THOUGH I hit 6 Goddess Cubes, but only 4 appear on the overworld map. The fifth one is in Skyloft, but I can't reach it yet.

See, this is why I never cared for Prima, even if they ARE helpful sometimes.

Also,
Ghirahim wants to resurrect his master? How cliche. He doesn't have much of an onscreen presence, so I have to wonder what's so amazing about his master that he wants to revive him, whoever he is?
I remember seeing in their SMG2 guide that they put a picture of the Giga Lakitu boss battle in the Bugaboom boss battle section. They need to check though it and fix the mistakes before they publish it.

Yeah, I had an SMG Prima guide. Last of their guides I ever bought for myself. They had a map upside down, messed up loctations, gave false directions, etc. I miss the Nintendo Power guides. New owners to lazy to make them.

Yes, after they successfully created the best sense of atmosphere they had all game, they ruined it by making the boss one they've basically reused twenty times over the years in Zelda alone.

New Super Yoshi said:
I remember seeing in their SMG2 guide that they put a picture of the Giga Lakitu boss battle in the Bugaboom boss battle section. They need to check though it and fix the mistakes before they publish it.
And FURTHER proof that Prima sucks, they got the Goddess Treasures and their locations mixed up! Seriously, these books are in desperate need of an editor.

Anyway, after messing around, collecting collectables (including all the Blue Feathers I'll need for this game, according to Prima's "guide"), I finally went to the Lanayru Mines. I have to say, from the first time I found out about this place to now, the idea of robots this advanced being in this game felt kind of strange at first... But now I like it, and desperately hope that, sometime in the future, Nintendo will make a Zelda game based in this highly advanced civilization...

Didn't get much further, I've really been procrastinating on playing this game... And I'm getting Kid Icarus: Uprising tomorrow! Well, I'll get around to playing it more sometime...

Back