Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

With Yoshi you can use a godd startegy of fluttering up high and then smacking your ball into your opponents court. I normally try to use that to win.

I don't suck with anyone. I do have trouble with Defense characters such as Waluigi though. My strategy is to let the computers use their offensive powershot when I hit the ball into the edge of the court, they use their powershot, expose the court, and I immediately strike back with a defensive powershot. Some of them even lag due to their powershot, such as Donkey Kong and Waluigi, for easy points.

Why they decided to put Wiggler in the game, I will never know. He always looked so awkward. I'd like to see Rosalina in it, actually. I think she'd be an interesting addition, and it wouldn't be very hard to come up with Power Shots for her.

Leonyx said:
Why they decided to put Wiggler in the game, I will never know. He always looked so awkward. I'd like to see Rosalina in it, actually. I think she'd be an interesting addition, and it wouldn't be very hard to come up with Power Shots for her.

Well, she could be special in that her shots can make curves that are stronger than what Boo can pull off (hence the reason why I classified Rosalina as a Tricky character). Regarding power shots...

Offensive Power Shot: Rosalina surrounds the tennis ball with star bits, and hits it. The ball will make a curved path to confuse opponents. The star bits can also confuse opponents, which can result in them missing the tennis ball. If the opponent manages to hit the tennis ball, however, he/she will end up running towards the net, which will leave him/her vulnerable to lob shots.

Defensive Power Shot: Rosalina uses her magic to bring the tennis ball to her. She'll then execute a lob shot. This move counters all drop shots, and it also works against lob shots.

I think they should have Lubba for Tennis.

Leonyx said:
Why they decided to put Wiggler in the game, I will never know.

I agree with that statement

Why didn't anyone wonder about Paratroopa's inclusion, but not Koopa Troopa in Mario Tennis N64? Not that I care about Koopa Troopa (Paratroopa >>Koopa Troopa), but I'm just curious

^That's a good question. While Koopa Troopa seemed logical (especially since he appeared in the first Mario Tennis game), I'm guessing perhaps the Paratroopa was added for more uniqueness? Aside from its flying abilities to make it unique from other characters, I really don't have another reason to suggest why the Paratroopa was chosen over Koopa Troopa.

Propeller Toad said:
^That's a good question. While Koopa Troopa seemed logical (especially since he appeared in the first Mario Tennis game), I'm guessing perhaps the Paratroopa was added for more uniqueness? Aside from its flying abilities to make it unique from other characters, I really don't have another reason to suggest why the Paratroopa was chosen over Koopa Troopa.

Also look at Mario Hoops 3-on-3 where Paratroopa and Fly Guy were put over their grounded versions. I think it's pretty odd.

Agreed. It's very weird why they made these selections (except if they purposely wanted flying characters). I don't know, that's my take on it.

I did a funny thing in MPT yesterday. I made Mario do his defensive power shot in the air right next to the net. Mario flew over the net.

Paper Bowser said:
I did a funny thing in MPT yesterday. I made Mario do his defensive power shot in the air right next to the net. Mario flew over the net.
What happened.

Baby Luigi said:

Why didn't anyone wonder about Paratroopa's inclusion, but not Koopa Troopa in Mario Tennis N64? Not that I care about Koopa Troopa (Paratroopa >>Koopa Troopa), but I'm just curious

Koopa used to be in a few spin-offs before the Gamecube, I believe. Paratroopa was the next logical jump. I think it was nice to be able to play as flying characters. It put a new perspective on the game of tennis.

Leonyx said:
Baby Luigi said:

Koopa used to be in a few spin-offs before the Gamecube, I believe. Paratroopa was the next logical jump. I think it was nice to be able to play as flying characters. It put a new perspective on the game of tennis.
it kinda is cheating

Yeah, they did it in Mario Hoops 3 on 3, they had Fly Guy playable but not Shy Guy.I don't know why they did this.

Paratroopa was also playable in Hoops, but not Koopa Troopa. Additionally, we have Boo in that roster (he levitates, so I guess that counts). I'm really unsure of why they chose these characters, but I guess the flying aspect might be one possible reason.

Too bad all the floating characters in Mario Tennis are pretty unstable and have bad reach. I mean, they continue moving, even if you stop them

Back