Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

Propeller Toad said:
I'm sure Nintendo will think of something. I mean, it is Nintendo. :)

Also, if a wiggler, fly guy, and a koopa paratroopa can receive power shots, then I don't see what the problem is for Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi. In fact, many of the characters had unpredictable power shots in MPT. Also, I mean the duos received special items in Double Dash!!, so I don't see why they can't receive power shots as well in this game.

Hmm...How about if Toad could throw vegetables as his Offensive Power Shot? And maybe he could go into the Dark World (or whatever the potion makes you go to), and come out to hit the ball for his Defensive Power Shot?

I have no idea what Toadette's could be though. She hasn't done anything special really. I guess it could have something to do with her role in Paper Mario.

Hmm...How about if Toad could throw vegetables as his Offensive Power Shot? And maybe he could go into the Dark World (or whatever the potion makes you go to), and come out to hit the ball for his Defensive Power Shot?

...Those ideas sound awesome! A great SMB 2 reference, and I think you were talking about the subspace (I think that's what it was called). I personally was thinking about something more "shroomier", but those ideas don't sound half as bad either.

As for Toadette, I too am stuck here. She probably might have something similar to Toad, or something totally unique. Perhaps music related? (looks at Mario Party DS)

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi could maybe even use the chain chomp or something. A parade of Yoshis to protect them? Who knows. I'm pretty sure people like BLOF can think of better power shots for the babies than I could.

If Camelot can make Waluigi "sweem" through the air, I bet they can make up shots for Toad and Toadette or Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Actually, I think lack of creativity is a silly excuse Toad and Toadette or Baby Mario and Baby Luigi couldn't make it.

Toad's special shot from Mario Sports Mix was an interesting idea. Imagine how it would be done in a Tennis match.

Yoshiwalker said:
I don't really think we need another Mario Tennis game. 2 was enough.
There are like 5 Tennis games

Meta Knight said:
Disco Inferno said:
Yoshiwalker said:
5? Wow.
One for the Virtual boy Game Boy Color N64 Gamecube and Game Boy Advance so yeah their 5 with a fairly large fan base

Yup. There have been five Mario Tennis titles so far. This will be number six.

In case no one has said this yet, it's definitely a remake of Mario Power Tennis. Just look at it. Peach Dome, same music, same sound effects, no new voice recordings for voice actors, and Peach's mini-dress outfit. So far the game looks like gameplay of MPT with slightly modified HUD. Nintendo should change this, because we really don't need a remake of a game that's already been remade before.

Just because a game looks like a remake doesn't always mean that it is.

MnSG said:
Meta Knight said:
MnSG said:
Just because a game looks like a remake doesn't always mean that it is.
Well, it seems it will be new.

The game is still early in development after all.
Still. If it was a remake, the title would probably say that. All the titles so far (excluding OoT:3D) have been new. I expect this to be new as well.

Disco Inferno said:
Meta Knight said:
Disco Inferno said:
Yoshiwalker said:
5? Wow.
One for the Virtual boy Game Boy Color N64 Gamecube and Game Boy Advance so yeah their 5 with a fairly large fan base
Well I think we need a good Tennis game. I hope they will be lots of courts.

SKmarioman said:
In case no one has said this yet, it's definitely a remake of Mario Power Tennis. Just look at it. Peach Dome, same music, same sound effects, no new voice recordings for voice actors, and Peach's mini-dress outfit. So far the game looks like gameplay of MPT with slightly modified HUD. Nintendo should change this, because we really don't need a remake of a game that's already been remade before.

I believe the music and SFX are just fillers. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, for instance, the trailer had Mario's Super Smash Bros. Melee voice. Besides, if it was a remake, Nintendo would have said so.

Fawfulfury65 said:
MnSG said:
Yup. There have been five Mario Tennis titles so far. This will be number six.
If you don't count the Wii remake.
The Wiimake was not that Bad, just they should of waited for Wii Motion Plus. It can also get boring after a while.

Young Link said:
The Wiimake was not that Bad, just they should of waited for Wii Motion Plus. It can also get boring after a while.

The Wii MotionPlus requirement would've been a problem for those who can't afford that accessory, or the Wii Remote Plus.

MnSG said:
Young Link said:

The Wii MotionPlus requirement would've been a problem for those who can't afford that accessory, or the Wii Remote Plus.
I mean make it optional.

Back