Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

indeed

I'm guessing the reason Toad was removed from the Gamecube version's playable roster is because the developers couldn't think of Power Shots for him and Toadette. It would've been nice to have them playable though.

Anyway, all I really want is a couple of new characters and hilarious trophy cut scenes.

Well hopefully they get an idea for Toad and Toadette this time if that was the case (Mario Sports Mix was pretty inventive for Toad, so maybe this could mark his return). I personally want to see the return of Toad, Baby Mario, and the additions of Toadette and Baby Luigi (these guys really deserved in). Birdo could also make its return as well.

And yes, I definitely want to see some more of those hilarious trophy cutscenes. Those were really funny, and gave many of the characters a lot more personality (even Mario!).

Propeller Toad said:
I'm guessing the reason Toad was removed from the Gamecube version's playable roster is because the developers couldn't think of Power Shots for him and Toadette. It would've been nice to have them playable though.

Anyway, all I really want is a couple of new characters and hilarious trophy cut scenes.

Well hopefully they get an idea for Toad and Toadette this time if that was the case (Mario Sports Mix was pretty inventive for Toad, so maybe this could mark his return). I personally want to see the return of Toad, Baby Mario, and the additions of Toadette and Baby Luigi (these guys really deserved in). Birdo could also make its return as well.

And yes, I definitely want to see some more of those hilarious trophy cutscenes. Those were really funny, and gave many of the characters a lot more personality (even Mario!).

trophy scenes on this would be awsome, and yes the babies need to return aswell as toad and toadette

It'll be difficult trying to make a cutscene that's funnier than Yoshi and Shy Guy's cutscenes from the Gamecube version.

Nowadays I tend to wonder what Rosalina's sports outfit would look like if she ever participated in Tennis or Baseball. In fact, I do have my thoughts, based on the following image...

rosalinasports.png

I'm more excited about this than Super Mario Land 3D. By far.

I hope Baby Mario and Toad return.

Ornithologist Mario said:
I'm more excited about this than Super Mario Land 3D. By far.

I hope Baby Mario and Toad return.

Me too. And I want K. Rool playable. He was in Super Sluggers, so why not Mario Tennis? Maybe Larry Koopa as a surprise character since he used a tennis racket in Superstar Saga.

Since this is a handheld entry, does this mean it's going to be one of those sports RPGs like the other portable entries? I liked those.

'3K said:
Since this is a handheld entry, does this mean it's going to be one of those sports RPGs like the other portable entries? I liked those.
I liked those too, but it's most likely not. :(.

The addition of only Baby Mario felt really...empty in Mario Tennis N64. Baby Mario has been my main in the N64 edition and I really hope he returns with the inclusion of Baby Luigi. I also hope they return Toad and add Toadette as well, and also return Birdo. Then Camelot can add as many characters as they desire.

Mario Tennis was always my least-favorite sport series... I don't care about this at all.

Baby Luigi said:
The addition of only Baby Mario felt really...empty in Mario Tennis N64. Baby Mario has been my main in the N64 edition and I really hope he returns with the inclusion of Baby Luigi. I also hope they return Toad and add Toadette as well, and also return Birdo. Then Camelot can add as many characters as they desire.

I don't mind Toad and Toadette returning, but what would be their Power Shots? Come to think of it, what would the babies Power Shots be?

I own Mario Tennis and Mario Power Tennis. On the one hand, I like seeing my favourite familiar characters on the courts and seeing how they playoff each other on each installment. On the other hand, the story in Mario Tennis was quite interesting for what it was...and I can never forget the Academy.

Baby Luigi said:

True.. true.

I don't mind Toad and Toadette returning, but what would be their Power Shots? Come to think of it, what would the babies Power Shots be?

I'm sure Nintendo will think of something. I mean, it is Nintendo. :)

Also, if a wiggler, fly guy, and a koopa paratroopa can receive power shots, then I don't see what the problem is for Toad, Toadette, Baby Mario, and Baby Luigi. In fact, many of the characters had unpredictable power shots in MPT. Also, I mean the duos received special items in Double Dash!!, so I don't see why they can't receive power shots as well in this game.

Yeah, I hope the tournament will be different courts each time not just like the past two games. I also hope they are no real world people since they did not make it to Mario Power Tennis.

Back