Mario Tennis Open

Smugleaf said:

Rosalina's voice actress isn't in the credits, but Hitomi Hirose (the voice actress of Captain Syrup and Queen Merelda in Wario Land: Shake It) is.
Watch Nintendo/Camelot pull something random out of the bag

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Sorry if I sound rude, but to those people ranting about they're favourite character not being in. Shut the fuck up, your annoying and your just like a kid who didn't get a toy and cried until he got it. But crying wont work here.

No one's complaining. You're being rude for no reason.

FMGBASKFH said:
What I can't understand, and really, I can't understand WHY in the world they won't include Rosalina in those games anymore. It makes me freaking mad. She's my favorite character and never gets to appear in games aside from Mario Kart. She would have been PERFECT for this game and they left her out. That's bullshit. I'm fucking angry at Nintendo.

This, and a couple of quotes a while back that I'm too lazy to get, that complain about how 'Wierd' the roster is and how these characters aren't in and should be.

I just needed to let the people that do complain know what they sound like. I didn't want to be rude, I don't like being rude, but what I said was aimed at a few people that do complain a lot.

I don't know if QR codes will go THAT far. As of now, their main purpose is to add extra color swaps for certain characters.

Gardevoir said:
BAby luigi - baby mario recolor sorta
baby daisy - baby peach recolor sorta
rosalina - peach recolor which slightly different hair style and different clothing

birdo - looks like a long snouted yoshi

Those are actually pretty good ideas. But recolours arent model changes. It'd just be Baby Mario in a green outfit, Baby Peach in a yellow outfit and Peach in a blue outfit.

Birds kind of seems like a long shot, if anything, it'd be Pink Yoshi.

I kind of want a Luma recolour. Green or Orange Luma would work well.

Blue Yoshi as a QR code is very disappointing. If I want a cheap re-texture, I'd rather wait for texture hacking to come. Geez, Nintendo should provide us an option to change the character's colors by recoloring the textures. It isn't that hard.

For those voice actresses, I wouldn't expect the likes of Captain Syrup, but it's nice to see if this foreshadowing is correct...

How the secret characters are unlocked.

BABY PEACH
How to Unlock: Complete 'Pro Rings Challenge' (500 ring points in 3 minutes) on Ring Shot special game.

DRY BOWSER
How to Unlock: Complete 'Inksplosion' challenge (score 30 times) on Ink Showdown special game.

LUMA
How to Unlock: Complete 'Superstar' challenge (finish a 100-hit rally) on Galaxy Rally special game.

They haven't completed Super Mario Tennis yet, so that must be how Baby Mario is unlocked.

New Super Yoshi said:
Baby Mario > Baby Peach

Dixie Kong > Baby Mario

Waluigi > Metal Mario

Rosalina > Luma

Boo = King Boo

King Boo = Peaty Piranha

Birdo > Toadette

Diddy Kong > Birdo

This is who should get in over who in Limited rosters.
...Works for me.

Gardevoir said:
BAby luigi - baby mario recolor sorta
baby daisy - baby peach recolor sorta
rosalina - peach recolor which slightly different hair style and different clothing

birdo - looks like a long snouted yoshi

Those are actually pretty good ideas. But recolours arent model changes. It'd just be Baby Mario in a green outfit, Baby Peach in a yellow outfit and Peach in a blue outfit.

Birds kind of seems like a long shot, if anything, it'd be Pink Yoshi.

I kind of want a Luma recolour. Green or Orange Luma would work well.

The cream master or co star would be nice, or a green luma but my favorites are red.

The unlock methods sure are different from what had to be done in Mario Power Tennis.

It'd just be Baby Mario in a green outfit

I'm glad you realize that Baby Luigi is distinctive from Baby Mario

Also, I'm glad none of these unlockable characters revealed are QR characters. So far (other than completely ignoring Baby Luigi), Camelot has impressed me so far and has set my expectations higher for the game

Gardevoir said:
Well Baby weegee just has slight different features and clothing from baby mario so why not just put him as QR code???

I agree why not? There are others out there who are awaiting Baby Luigi's playability (especially since only Baby Mario was playable in some other games) and prefer Baby Luigi over Baby Peach, Baby Mario, and Luigi.

If Baby Luigi gets in, I don't care who else gets in. They can add all the other characters who ever existed in the Mario series if they would like to as long as I can play as Baby Luigi.

Gardevoir said:
What if the story was that a pianta killed baby weegee and luigi ceased to exist so they decide to part and play tennis..

MURDERER

Why can't the Pianta murder the Blue Yoshi and steal the spot for the QR code

Pianta>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue freaking Yoshi

Baby Luigi said:
It'd just be Baby Mario in a green outfit

I'm glad you realize that Baby Luigi is distinctive from Baby Mario

Also, I'm glad none of these unlockable characters revealed are QR characters. So far (other than completely ignoring Baby Luigi), Camelot has impressed me so far and has set my expectations higher for the game

What I meant is, a recoulor isn't a different model. Baby Luigi does have some differences but if we're just getting recolours, it'd just be green clothing.

I like the idea of having recolours for QR codes. It's interesting, and if it were actual characters, then it'd just be easier to put them in the first place.

La Marionette said:
Blue Yoshi as a QR code is very disappointing. If I want a cheap re-texture, I'd rather wait for texture hacking to come. Geez, Nintendo should provide us an option to change the character's colors by recoloring the textures. It isn't that hard.

For those voice actresses, I wouldn't expect the likes of Captain Syrup, but it's nice to see if this foreshadowing is correct...

Not everybody texture hacks. You would rather wait for it but those people that don't want to mess with the game and hack it, have these just as added bonuses. Don't like them, don't get em.

It would still be better if we are able to alter the textures and especially if the game allowed you to do it. Perfect, even.

Baby Luigi said:
It would still be better if we are able to alter the textures and especially if the game allowed you to do it. Perfect, even.

But that's for hackers, not ordinary people just playing the game.

To tell you the truth, I was as ordinary as anyone else

But anyway, I still think it would be nice if Nintendo can make you change your color ingame, similar to Super Smash Bros. but you get a pallet of colors, choose one, and you get a color.

Alternate characters are the worst characters. And this includes babies.

Baby Mario is not his own character! He's Mario... as a baby.

Just like Metal Mario is not his own character. He's Mario... in metal.

I suppose the next Mario Kart we are going to have:

Mario
Baby Mario
Metal Mario
Paper Mario
Dr. Mario
Peg-Leg Mario
Old Mario
Sunglasses Mario
Santa Hat Mario
Blue Mario
Yellow Mario