Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah but Jr is kinda slow in MPT

That's the odd part. In some games he's slow, while in others, he's a quick runner.

I thought Bowser Jr. was the quickest Tricky character. But he was slow in Mario Superstar Baseball, only to be fast again in Mario Super Sluggers

It certainly has. The Mario Tennis games have always been one of my favorite Mario series.

I wonder what characters they'll have this time... I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm still hoping for the Koopalings, or at least Larry Koopa.

Hmm...seems a bit far-fetched. But, if Nintendo and Camelot can give him decent power shots. I wouldn't mind Larry's inclusion as a playable character at all.

The Koopalings are more likely to be a stage hazard than a playable character. Fitting just Larry just sounds...odd.

I guess that't true. The koopalings are a group. Not having all 7 of them just wouldn't seem right. Except for the cartoon episodes.

They could work as background objects in a Bowser stage, heck, maybe even a gimmick where they toss their spells at you.

I guess seeing them appear at all is better then them not appearing. Larry happened to be my favorite, and he was seen with a tennis racket at one point, so that's why I said just him.

Smashgoom202 said:
I guess seeing them appear at all is better then them not appearing. Larry happened to be my favorite, and he was seen with a tennis racket at one point, so that's why I said just him.
Maybe they should have a court that has gimmicks controlled by them.

I'm thinking of a Donkey Kong court. I always like the Donkey Kong stages. And maybe reference WarioWare again in this Mario Tennis

I did have a thought regarding Tournament mode...

Each tournament has three rounds. The champion of the tournament will qualify to play a match against the tournament's defending champion, who will either be a new character, or a new color swap.

If the tournament champion defeats the defending champion, he/she will win the whole tournament and advance to the next one. Additionally, the defeated champion will be unlocked to use in any game mode.

That sounds like a Mario Strikers Charged thing

Baby Luigi said:
That sounds like a Mario Strikers Charged thing

True, but unlocking characters without having to play against them is rather boring.

Lumpy Space Princess said:
I'd like to see Petey return in this game

I was thinking about King K. Rool attending some tennis. He'd be very strong, like Petey, but very slow in movement.

I say that "buying" a character to unlock them (like in Mario Party 7) is better. It is more fun racking up points, then spending them on a character to unlock them.

Mario Super Sluggers said:
I say that "buying" a character to unlock them (like in Mario Party 7) is better. It is more fun racking up points, then spending them on a character to unlock them.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing did that, but it was way too easy. ExciteBots: Trick Racing did that too, but it's heavily difficult to purchase everything.

I would buy this game in a heartbeat if Fawful were playable.

I know it's not gonna happen.

Back