Mario Tennis Open

Re: Mario Tennis 3DS

Yoshidude99 said:
but it is annoying because you can't play it without the gimmick
Yes you can, but you have to win with the gimmick first.

How come I disliked the Gooper Blooper gimmick court?

You're right. I hated how the out areas grew if you hit a certain panels. It's more of an annoyance than fun

Baby Luigi said:
You're right. I hated how the out areas grew if you hit a certain panels. It's more of an annoyance than fun

Yeah some gimmicks are better than others.

Here's what I think of the gimmick courts:

Donkey Kong Court: Fun!
Gooper Blooper: Ew
Luigi's Mansion: Fun! Even though the ghosts could get annoying.
Wario Factory: Meh...
Delfino Plaza: Meh...
Bowser's Castle: Meh...
Mario Bros.: It's all right, I suppose.

I hope for a Gimmick Super Mario Galaxy court

Yoshidude99 said:
I still need to unlock the Bowser's Castle and mario bros courts

You can get the Bowser Castle Court by winning a match on that court in the Thunder Cup singles tournament. For the Mario Bros. court, you do the same thing as the Bowser Castle Court, but in the Thunder Cup doubles tournament.

The extra tournaments are very hard, I can't get past the second round of the Moonlight Tournament.

Young Link said:
The extra tournaments are very hard, I can't get past the second round of the Moonlight Tournament.

Your opponents do play a factor in this. And of course, your opponents are star players, so you'd be at a disadvantage if you're not a star player yourself.

Yoshidude99 said:
When are they? I am in the Star Cup

If you clear the Star Cup as Mario, you'll unlock the Star Tournament, where all your opponents are star players. You have to do this for singles and doubles so that the Star Tournament is available for both.

Yoshidude99 said:
I only play in Singles

You'll have to play doubles if you want to unlock everyone though. This does include the Mario Bros. court.

To unlock Petey Piranha, beat Fire and Thunder Cup in doubles

I'm making my list now!

All-Around
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Toad
  • Unlock: Toadette
  • Unlock: Dry Bones

Technique
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Shy Guy
  • Unlock: Birdo
  • Unlock: Rosalina

Speedy
  • Yoshi
  • Koopa
  • Diddy Kong
  • Unlock: Baby Mario
  • Unlock: Baby Luigi

Power
  • Donkey Kong
  • Wario
  • Bowser
  • Unlock: Boom Boom Girl
  • Unlock: Petey Piranha

Tricky
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Boo
  • Unlock: King Boo

Defense
  • Waluigi
  • Wiggler
  • Unlock: Kamek

I like your list. Especially with the addition of Bam Bam (I think that's the Boom Boom girl's name). We need some female power characters for once. But any reason you removed Paratroopa?

I do have some statements...

1: In Mario Tennis 64, Toad was a Technique type character. I think his low reach goes against the All-Around status.

2: Toadette more qualifies for the Speedy category, since she's known for being quick, while being weak in the power department.

3: Birdo is more of a Power character, but it also meets the All-Around standards.

4: Yoshi used to be known for the Speedy category, but nowadays he's put in the All-Around category.

5: The female Boom Boom seems like a long shot. And of course, you forgot Boom Boom himself.

6: I've always asked myself why Bowser Jr. is a Tricky character in Mario Power Tennis. He's more of a Speedy character now.

Back